Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Bane:The Anti-Cheat(Formerly known as AMXXGuard):dev thread:

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

xmdxtremekiller
Old 08-16-2004 , 16:59  

hey im back i saw the new about amx wast happy they just wasted all your efforts i used to be a super amx fan but know im with you amxx anyways sorry for being off topic i dont tend to start flamewar so forget what i said above.

IS THIS PROJECT DEAD because i was looking forward to this good module or plugin.
FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 08-16-2004 , 18:14  

This project is not dead, it takes time to write plugins and modules, especially those of this proportion. I have seen very alpha stages of this plugin, and it works quite well. However the lead coder is learning to code and is writing the plugin at the same time, so learning to code you find something later on that "there's a better way to do what I did before" so you do a lot of rewriting. Patience is a virtue that I guess some of us don't have...

Only ask for support in plugin threads.

TunedChaos.com - Precision Tuned Game Servers
Neo-Vortex
Old 08-21-2004 , 09:07  

hmmm, seems interesting enough...
Twilight Suzuka
bad
Old 08-21-2004 , 15:30  

I could help, unless you guys dont need it anymore.

Also, theres a much better way to do EYE then through a metamod or AMXX module.

We already have the function "attachview", and "setview", and they work perfectly fine at doing what EYE did, WITHOUT problems.
Old 08-21-2004 , 19:19  

have you guys even got to the beta version? i meen you keep posting this thread .. I havent seen any work so whats teh whole deal? anyways bane should stop and i meen stop all Scripts no matter what they are buy or hacks doesnt matter scripts are even.

http://Ms-Proxy.Com Join the fun!
Send a message via ICQ to FroXeN
Twilight Suzuka
bad
Old 08-21-2004 , 20:01  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FroXeN
have you guys even got to the beta version? i meen you keep posting this thread .. I havent seen any work so whats teh whole deal? anyways bane should stop and i meen stop all Scripts no matter what they are buy or hacks doesnt matter scripts are even.
..>What are you TALKING about?
Alias scripts are built into HL. Why should it stop such things?

Besides, theres no possible way to stop all hacks, or scripts. You can register alias commands before coming into the server, and its undetectable, to my knowledge.
Old 08-21-2004 , 21:12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Suzuka
Quote:
Originally Posted by FroXeN
..>What are you TALKING about?
Alias scripts are built into HL. Why should it stop such things?

Besides, theres no possible way to stop all hacks, or scripts. You can register alias commands before coming into the server, and its undetectable, to my knowledge.
heh, aliases are usefull... also, you would beable to get around that anyway by just binding a key to it instead of making an alias, all you wouldnt beable to do is toggle things... oh, and really long ones too...
FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 08-23-2004 , 08:57  

hey, I have aliases that are completely legal, they just change a couple things here and there
{NM}Jason
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 08-23-2004 , 14:27  

Hey Guys sry i've Been away i took some Small classes at Del-Mar in CCTX so i can better code bane. Witch i have rewriten "WITCH WASENT F****** easy" ! LOL any way I fixed a Crash bug when accessing the database-o-Cheats. and also the memory Leak when updating config's via CS. thers someing i Need to know from all of you. should I include name bans or Leave that to the Other guys, also.... well i guess thats enuff for now More to come Keep up the posting.
Shortly after posting that image, Jason crushed the truck into a ball with his hands, and tossed it over his shoulder.
Send a message via ICQ to {NM}Jason Send a message via AIM to {NM}Jason Send a message via MSN to {NM}Jason Send a message via Yahoo to {NM}Jason
FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 08-23-2004 , 15:35  

well, it seems like most of the simplest name bans come from the anti-cheat software. HLGuard has it, and its included in statsme too, I think including nameban (maybe even name change blocking (for those jerks who switch to other people's SteamIDs in their name while playing) would be useful.
Closed Thread