Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

CD/DVD Drive jumper question

Post New Thread Reply   

knekter
Old 05-01-2007 , 21:13   CD/DVD Drive jumper question
Reply With Quote #1

Today I finally replaced my old ATA 32GB drive with a new 250GB SATA drive. Now I was wondering, is there a need for a master/slave jumper setting on my CD and DVD drives? My CD drive was the master and my DVD was the slave. From what I have read if I remove the piece so that there is no "jumper" piece it will automatically detect the settings but I figured I would ask here first. By the way hello to everyone, its been quite a while since I have been here. College really has taken my time. I guess I will never get around to remaking Matrix mod. Sorry to everyone who enjoyed it... Well hopefully I will start coding again in the future
guy
Old 05-02-2007 , 13:28   Re: CD/DVD Drive jumper question
Reply With Quote #2

I've never had to set master/slave jumpers for my cd/dvd drives. Although I'm not sure how changing to a SATA would affect the IDE cd/dvd drives. You should be fine.
Veteran Member
Old 05-04-2007 , 17:41   Re: CD/DVD Drive jumper question
Reply With Quote #3

All your drives should be on cable select. At one end of the cable is your motherboard, the middle is the slave device, and the end is the master device.

Edit: Sorry meant all non SATA. I'm not gonna go check my computer, but I believe SATA depends on the spot the drive is plugged into the motherboard (as in there is no middle plug)