Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 02-27-2007 , 15:46   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

I have no idea why you use this plugin instead of the normal slot-reservation plugin that comes with amxmodx. It works perfectly for admins slots. Using this plugin for only one server is a waste of ressources imo.
For me it is usefull. I have 4 servers running and all can redirect between my servers and my regual users jump through my servers all the time.

Nofius
Old 02-27-2007 , 17:49   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Well amxmodx plugin U must tell how many adminslot to reserv... I want for an example that 18 players fpr public but when an admin join it will kick the person with shortest playtime... thats why... amoxmodx normal slot-plug doesnt work that way....

Will try it xOR..
ToT | V!PER
Old 02-28-2007 , 02:55   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nofius View Post
Well amxmodx plugin U must tell how many adminslot to reserv... I want for an example that 18 players fpr public but when an admin join it will kick the person with shortest playtime... thats why... amoxmodx normal slot-plug doesnt work that way....Will try it xOR..
Well, thatīs so useless. Why donīt you open a search within these amxmodx forums and do a research on this one? There you will find at least two plugins that are exactly doing what YOU want.

1. http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=27785
2. http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=5830
Send a message via ICQ to ToT | V!PER
Nofius
Old 02-28-2007 , 05:08   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Tried them and didnt work also... have post a comment in rslot i think it was too...
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 02-28-2007 , 10:42   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

@Nofius
You have an 18 slots server. So you cannot have 18 slots free for public. With this all players (and of course all admins too) would get "server is full" if they try to connect. So you MUST have at least one slot reserverd (and due to this allways "unused") so that a player can connect to the server to be able to use the reserverd slot. If now one player connects that is no admin he will get kicked off your server, or with using this plugin redircted to a not existent server, which will cause him to get time out and retry errors. So in real he get's redirected to nowhere wich is the same like beeing kicked due to slot reservation.
One negative sideeffect of this is that if he tries to make a "retry" to connect to your server again, he will only retry to connect to your fakeserver, causing him to be not able to your server if he just tried your server out of the steam serverlist.

Nofius
Old 02-28-2007 , 11:37   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Ok, well will check the other adminslot plug also too see if it goind to work otherwise we can try to user 19 plublic with 1 Adminslot with this plug...
ToT | V!PER
Old 03-01-2007 , 04:11   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nofius View Post
Tried them and didnt work also... have post a comment in rslot i think it was too...
You said you need a plugin that disconnects the player with the shortest playing time. I am using the second one iīve listed above for years now without problems. So i really donīt understand your problem. If you have a 20 Slot Server, 19 Slots are free for public and one slot is free ALL the time for admin-reservation. You NEVER will get any plugin that if server is full at 20/20 to kick anybody because you cannot check if it is an admin. Thatīs why steam sends "Server is full."
Send a message via ICQ to ToT | V!PER
kingzope
Old 03-05-2007 , 14:38   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

I love this plugin!!! +karma for this man. I don't know if it's possible but is there a way to make this work from mod to mod, such as adding a dod server to the list with CS servers so it will kill the CS game and Launch the DOD game joing that server?
{KHH}Counter-Strike - 205.234.209.14:27015
FatalisDK
Old 03-05-2007 , 15:34   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Not possible.
Old 03-06-2007 , 13:45   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingzope View Post
I love this plugin!!! +karma for this man. I don't know if it's possible but is there a way to make this work from mod to mod, such as adding a dod server to the list with CS servers so it will kill the CS game and Launch the DOD game joing that server?
as FatalisDK already said: try starting CS and connect with it to a DoD server and you know the answer. the games just don't allow this and i doubt that valve will ever offer such a feature.
you can still have the DoD servers in the list of the CS servers so your players are at least aware that these other servers exist and see what map and player status they currently have. but you should set nomanual=1 and noauto=1 for these servers. trying to redirect there would only lead people to an error message.