Finally, CSS:RPG for Metamod: Source!
CSS:RPG Mod is a role playing (level-based) server-side plugin for Counter-Strike: Source. It's based off the UT2004RPG Mutator for Unreal Tournament 2004.
As you kill your opponents, you gain Experience. Eventually when you have reached your experience quota, you gain a new Level. This means you can buy Upgrades which give you an advantage over your opponent.
CSS:RPG Mod allows you to buy the Upgrades you want or Sell them for different Upgrades. Each Upgrade has a higher Level. So for example, Regeneration Level 2 will give you two health points every second as opposed to one health point every second for Regeneration Level 1. All player data is saved into a SQLite Database so there is no need to setup any type of Remote Database. CSS:RPG is also highly customizable with variables that change the plugin effectively immediately after it has been set. The source code for CSS:RPG is made publicly available under the zlib/libpng open source license for people who want to port the plugin to their own Half-Life 2 mod or just want to learn how to create a plugin.
CSS:RPG v1.0.5 for Windows/Linux
CSS:RPG v1.0.5 Source Code for Windows/Linux
- Regeneration - Gives a player health every second.
- Health+ (Health Bonus) - Increases the maximum health a player has.
- Resupply - Gives a player ammo every 3 seconds.
- Vampire - The damage done to an enemy is the health rewarded to the player.
- Stealth - Decreases the player's visibility.
- LongJump - Increases the player's jump distance (not height).
- FireGrenade - Grenades set the player's enemies on fire (as well as do regular grenade damage).
- IceStab - Secondary knife attack freezes a player in place (however, weapons besides the knife will do little damage to a frozen player).
- FrostPistol - All pistols slow the player down, the lesser used pistols have more effect.
- Denial - Gives items and weapons bought back if the player dies.
- Impulse - Player will move faster for 0.8 seconds when shot. Does not work when shot with FrostPistol.
- Medic - Nearby teammates are healed every 2 seconds till they reach their maximum health, then repaired to their maximum armor.
- Compatibility with the last update
- Metamod: Source conversion
- File Variable Manager
- Added CVAR: cssrpg_denial_restrict to restrict certain weapons
- Added Upgrade: Impulse - increases speed when under fire
- Added Upgrade: Medic - automatically heals teammates near you or repairs their armor
- Removed lowered sensitivity feature from IceStab
- Fixed Bug 1: Upgrade Level 1 Exploit
- Fixed Bug 2: Negative Credits Exploit Fixed
- Overall major code improvements and optimizations
- Added Denial Upgrade (Original UT2004RPG Skill)
- Added FrostPistol Upgrade
- Modified IceStab to lower sensitivity on frozen players
- Added CVAR cssrpg_icestab_limit_dmg to limit inflicted damage on frozen players from anything other than the knife
- Icestabbed victims will not be able to IceStab other players until unfrozen
- Added 22 new console commands for CSS:RPG, use rpg_help for a list
- Added CVARs cssrpg_<upgrade>_maxlevel to decrease or increase the maximum level for an Upgrade
- Added cssrpg_bot_maxlevel to control the maximum level a bot can attain before its stats are reset
- Added support for HintText-style Experience notices
- Added CVAR cssrpg_exp_notice to enable/disable the hint text notices
- Added Multi-Language support with some language configs included: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, and Hungerian
- Added CVAR cssrpg_default_lang to set the default language for the server
- Bug Fix: Level 1 players will be deleted if they haven't played for 3 days
- Bug Fix: LongJump Exploit
- Bug Fix: cssrpg.db on Linux will now automaticly be removed to the cstrike/cfg/cssrpg directory
- Added IceStab Upgrade
- Added rpgrank and rpgtop10
- Added Settings menu for the option "Reset Stats"
- Added cssrpg_announce_newlvl to turn on or off player level increase announcements
- Added cssrpg_exp_knifedmg to set the amount of Experience for knife damage
- Added cssrpg_steamid_save for saving data by SteamID instead of SteamID and name
- Added cssrpg_exp_notice to notice players when they recieve Experience (won't show damage xp)
- Added Objective Experience CVARs
- Incomplete cssrpg_enable bug: Fixed
- FF Damage XP and Vamp bug: Fixed
- Stealth Bug: Fixed
- Stealth Upgrade Added
- Autosave Bug: Fixed
- Flashbang Resupply Bug: Fixed
- Sale Price Bug: Fixed
- Bots buying over the Upgrade Max Level: Fixed
- Added cssrpg_version
- Added cssrpg_save_interval
- Added some color to the greeting text
- Added color to the newbie Level text
- Added Linux Compatibility
Thanks to BAILOPAN, sslice, and others from #sourcemod for all their support to get CSS:RPG 1.0.5 working for Metamod: Source
for more information and support.