Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

REQ: Rotational Map Vote

Post New Thread Reply   

CubicVirtuoso
Old 01-16-2007 , 08:46   REQ: Rotational Map Vote
Reply With Quote #1

Hey everyone. My request is kind of specific so it doens't take too much thinking. I would program it myself but I'm a little rusty seeing as I haven't done anything for up to 2 years.

My request would be great for someone hosting a svencoop server or any other server but essentially it would work anywhere.

Every 15 mins the server asks:
"Do we extend the map?"
"1. Yes"
"2. No"

The population of the server votes and if everyone votes yes the map will continue until another 15 mins when it asks again. If everyone votes no the server will change to the nextmap in the maycycle. If no one votes (the server is empty) it will automatically assume No and go to the next map.

15 mins is an arbitrary time; maybe you could set a cvar to set that 15 mins so admins could change the time to whatever they want.

Also if you could put custom timeleft and custom nextmap in the server. Timeleft would display the time left before the next extend vote and also explain to the server the purpose of the plugin. Nextmap will display the next map but also explain to the server the purpose of the plugin.

Lastly, the server population can force the vote by saying in chat voterot. This will force the vote only if it has been 5 mins after the last previous vote. Maybe in the nextmap and timeleft text it can say players can do a voterot.

The purpose of this plugin may sound stupid but in games like Svencoop (with maps that never end) you could set the timelimit of each map to 0 and just use this plugin. Therefore the map will change every 15 mins if the server is empty and if there are people in it they can decide if they want a new map or not. Since I have easily over 400 maps on my Svencoop server this makes the rotation smoother.

Thanks guys.
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 01-16-2007 , 23:00   Re: REQ: Rotational Map Vote
Reply With Quote #2

Welcome back, long time no see xP
Old 01-17-2007 , 08:39   Re: REQ: Rotational Map Vote
Reply With Quote #3

Thanks Hawk; I know i've been gone for a while. It looks like I'm gonna have to code this myself. Probably be a good idea to get back in the game.