Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Basic Admin Tool

Post New Thread Reply   

Metroid
Old 01-13-2007 , 09:08   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #701

Hello

I installed sourcemm 1,3 and I saw this Admin program for servers.

I downloaded and got Addon and Cfg but than i saw one more RAR on this site called source code.

When i write meta version than i get a response so that is working but when i write meta list i get -id- version author and no more...

I dont understand where to put Addon/Cfg.. and that soure code .. to source code there is not a manual with it.

with gamemode you mean Day of defeat:Source folder ?

PLEASE dont answer with a link where i can read about this because i dont understand that and that happened 3-4 times now.
PureSpider
Old 01-13-2007 , 09:31   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #702

i'm just wondering if it's possible to use the reserved slot system the way i like to use it.
that way is: my server has 32 (33) slots, and i want to keep that slots open for players.
and if a player with the right to use a reserved slot wants to join and the server is full, a random player WITHOUT the right will get kicked.
if there is no member that wants to use a reserved slot all 32 slots should be usable by public players.
is that possible?
and if it is, how?
Winter
Old 01-13-2007 , 10:54   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #703

Hi,

You don't need the source code. That is for reference only or for people who can and like to read the source code from which the plugin is built. You don't need that to use the plugin.

If you have sourcemm up and running you should have a addons directory in your gamemod directory (e.g., cstrike).

The bat directory under addons should go in there right next to your metamod directory.

The file in the cfg directory, BATConfig.cfg, should go in your gamemod\cfg, e.g., cstrike\cfg, directory together with your server.cfg file and others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroid View Post
Hello

I installed sourcemm 1,3 and I saw this Admin program for servers.

I downloaded and got Addon and Cfg but than i saw one more RAR on this site called source code.

When i write meta version than i get a response so that is working but when i write meta list i get -id- version author and no more...

I dont understand where to put Addon/Cfg.. and that soure code .. to source code there is not a manual with it.

with gamemode you mean Day of defeat:Source folder ?

PLEASE dont answer with a link where i can read about this because i dont understand that and that happened 3-4 times now.
Metroid
Old 01-13-2007 , 11:54   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #704

How do you mean when i have sourcemm up and running ? you mean that i should have a .exe to start it ? because i dont have that.

When I dindt know that AMX X mod is for source i installed that and right after I chose cs for dedicated it asked Do you want to install Counter-strike addon ? but that doesnt happen when i install sourcemm...

maybe that is why i dont have a dod:s/addon folder ... the only place i have a addon is on source dedicated server..

thank you so far
Winter
Old 01-13-2007 , 12:20   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #705

What I meant with sourcemm up and running was that you have metamod working. you said that it was working as it responds to your meta commands in your server console.
Metroid
Old 01-13-2007 , 12:28   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #706

okay but there is still that issue with addons in gamemod.... i dont have it there.. if it is so that it should cr8 it self when i install sourcemm...

or the thing is that is ment to drag over the addon with bat that i downloaded to the gamemod ??
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 01-13-2007 , 12:47   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #707

Quote:
Originally Posted by jferello View Post
EKS, thank you for your time and energy, this mod is great!! Anyway I have a few questions for you. I am using a new mod and I really need Auto-Team balance & change team support for it, the only problem is it has 3 teams plsu spectator. Would it be really hard for you to edit your script to support 3 teams? What about Auto-Balancing?
It should supuport 3 teams, as all source mods realy have 3 teams, what mod are you talking about btw?
change team should work in any mod that dident remove the client command jointeam

Auto balancing would need to be its own plugin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureSpider View Post
i'm just wondering if it's possible to use the reserved slot system the way i like to use it.
that way is: my server has 32 (33) slots, and i want to keep that slots open for players.
and if a player with the right to use a reserved slot wants to join and the server is full, a random player WITHOUT the right will get kicked.
if there is no member that wants to use a reserved slot all 32 slots should be usable by public players.
is that possible?
and if it is, how?
no, one of the more asked for features. Can easly be done in a 3dparty plugin but not in BAT atm.
Old 01-13-2007 , 14:14   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #708

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKS View Post
no, one of the more asked for features. Can easly be done in a 3dparty plugin but not in BAT atm.
which plugin?
can you make such a plugin that uses the BAT user file please (if it does not exist)?
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 01-13-2007 , 14:45   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #709

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureSpider View Post
which plugin?
can you make such a plugin that uses the BAT user file please (if it does not exist)?
I have not made it, but BAT and Mani has a nice interface called AdminInterface that would allow this to be done rather simply.
Veteran Member
Old 01-13-2007 , 17:08   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #710

Glittermod does what you want, balancing and more.