Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Multiple Metamod Plugin CFGs from single installation path

Post New Thread Reply   

Whisper
Old 12-19-2006 , 01:40   Multiple Metamod Plugin CFGs from single installation path
Reply With Quote #1

Here is the question I keep running into:

My provider runs multiple server instances from a single installation path so everything is dumped into:

\cstrike
\cstrike\addons
\cstrike\cfg

etc

Now you can easily have per server configs by doing the following:

Code:
-console -game cstrike -port 27015 +ip x.x.x.x +maxplayers 12 +map de_dust2 +exec 27015.cfg

-console -game cstrike -port 27115 +ip x.x.x.x +maxplayers 12 +map de_nuke +exec 27115.cfg

-console -game cstrike -port 27215 +ip x.x.x.x +maxplayers 12 +map de_cbble +exec 27215.cfg
The problem that I have is, I cannot work out how to then specify if Metamod loads for 1 server or not, or more importantly if a metamod plugin loads for 1 specific server or not.

So from the above example, I have 3 servers, if I wanted to make 1 of them a No Sniper server using LDuke's fine CS:S Weapon Restrictions 2 metamod plugin, the outcome with the current setup would be that all 3 servers would have the same Weapon restrictions, which is obviously something I do not want.

Is there a way to specify on a per SRCDS process which metamod plugins get loaded or not?

I am happy to run metamod across all my servers, and in fact its easier if I do, but the actual plugins or the plugin configs I want to be able to do on a per SRCDS process basis, given the limitiations I currently have in place.

Any ideas or help here?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Whisper; 12-19-2006 at 01:51.
L. Duke
Veteran Member
Old 12-19-2006 , 18:26   Re: Multiple Metamod Plugin CFGs from single installation path
Reply With Quote #2

For the pluign itself you could put the restriction settings in, for example, 27215.cfg and they would only be in effect on one server.

It's not the ideal solution, though. Hopefully, someone else has ideas on contollling which plugins are loaded.
Whisper
Old 12-19-2006 , 22:15   Re: Multiple Metamod Plugin CFGs from single installation path
Reply With Quote #3

Thanks L. Duke
Old 12-20-2006 , 17:46   Re: Multiple Metamod Plugin CFGs from single installation path
Reply With Quote #4

If you want to change the metaplugins.ini file location, you have to put +mm_pluginsfile "something" in your command line.
Old 12-21-2006 , 01:59   Re: Multiple Metamod Plugin CFGs from single installation path
Reply With Quote #5

Okies, I have taken all your advice onboard and have now managed to get it working across all my servers.

Thanks very much for your help.

Bailopan, this is what our raw commandline startup looks like now for the metamod section:

Code:
+mm_pluginsfile addons/metamod/metaplugins%server:port%.ini
Cheers