Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

CrossServer-AdminChat v2.0.3 (Jun 25, 2006)

Post New Thread Reply   

chowdown
Old 09-06-2006 , 20:30   Re: CrossServer-AdminChat v2.0.3 (Jun 25, 2006)
Reply With Quote #91

I'm getting alot of lag with this plugin on my servers, is there a reason for it?
Janet Jackson
Veteran Member
Old 09-06-2006 , 23:33   Re: CrossServer-AdminChat v2.0.3 (Jun 25, 2006)
Reply With Quote #92

I have been running this plugin for nearly three months on seven servers without any lag.
Old 09-07-2006 , 00:09   Re: CrossServer-AdminChat v2.0.3 (Jun 25, 2006)
Reply With Quote #93

im running it on 5, with the mani host, being hosted in germany (servers are in texas/chicago) and no lag... also.. i think kost died :O anyone hear from him lately?
Old 09-07-2006 , 02:47   Re: CrossServer-AdminChat v2.0.3 (Jun 25, 2006)
Reply With Quote #94

Dont know where he is.
i have this plugin om 7 servers and i dont have any lag. so it have to be something ells that makes the lag for you.
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-15-2006 , 05:05   Re: CrossServer-AdminChat v2.0.3 (Jun 25, 2006)
Reply With Quote #95

My text comes in the normal CS orange/yellow color except for the "[CSAC]" and "says:" parts. I want the name of the server to be white just like in the screenshot. And the rest of the text default yellow except for the "CSAC" en Says" parts ;) How can i fix this
Old 10-29-2006 , 12:56   Re: CrossServer-AdminChat v2.0.3 (Jun 25, 2006)
Reply With Quote #96

Hi, I`ve been looknig for a way to make a plugin that does EXACTLY this... so i downloaded, read, and installed.. however, my Master-server (my webserver) doesn`t have sockets enabled... so, before i email my host and ask them to enable it, is there any way in which i can enable on the fly (like, via a .htaccess file?) or do i need to get it re-compiled?

Also, I`m running this on the 1.76a release of AMXX - y`know the one with the automatic detection of modules? well... it`s not detecting that i need sockets, so i have manually enabled teh sockets module on it and it`s not registering.

Also, would there be a way to have it so that if it can`t connect to the master server, it just kills the plugin (as when i can`t connect to my temp master (my wee nix box in the other room) it *seriously* spikes my server.

Appreciate all input :thumbs:

EDIT: Also, are you planning on re-releasing this with the #defines in a dictionary? I`m just wondering, because i was gona do this while i wait to get my master server working.

Another thing, maybe have a setting that influences the /admins command, as said previously, it aint no good when you admins are undercover :/

Another, even cooler thing would be if an admin could psay cross-server (tbh, that would be the icing on the cake!).

btw, it is ok for me to edit the outputs? as i`ve changed the format of the incomming, and outgoing displays for that is is in the format;

<INCOMMING_COLOUR> <admin_nick> @ <server_name>: <message> </INCOMMING_COLOUR>

<OUTGOING_COLOUR> <admin_nick> @ <server_name>: <message> </OUTGOING_COLOUR>

so that the message is seriously eye catching, and i have my servers numbered (01++) so this suits me better

cheers again for this awesome bit of kit

EDIT2: hmm... how easy would it be to have this running via IRC too (maybe an eggdrop)?

Last edited by Steve-o||[^]; 10-31-2006 at 14:12.
Psyfire
Old 11-02-2006 , 16:32   Re: CrossServer-AdminChat v2.0.3 (Jun 25, 2006)
Reply With Quote #97

I run this plugin on 12 servers. Its definitly the best plugin I've ever seen. I made it that people can call admins via !need admin.

So it will be displayed to every in admin and then we connect on the server to see whats going on and why somebody is needing an admin.

The problem is, that a lot of players call an admin and we had to ask before doing something. Can somebody (or the plugincoder) add compatibility with this plugin here? -> http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=363974

Then a player types !need admin and a menue will open. There you can select the reason and the player you will report. It would be VERY GREAT and it would help all of our admins. Example:

!need admin
- Menu will open -
- Select player -
- Select reason -
- Message will be displayed with reason and playername to all admins on all servers -
Old 12-14-2006, 09:22
miro
This message has been deleted by miro.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:48
miro
This message has been deleted by miro.
Curryking
Veteran Member
Old 12-26-2006 , 09:25   Re: CrossServer-AdminChat v2.0.3 (Jun 25, 2006)
Reply With Quote #98

Works flawless - another awesome plugking by KoST. Great work buddy!

Curry

Last edited by Curryking; 12-26-2006 at 10:18.
Dominion
Old 01-13-2007 , 13:42   Re: CrossServer-AdminChat v2.0.3 (Jun 25, 2006)
Reply With Quote #99

there comes many bad lags, my servers often lost the connection to my masterserver. then comes a lag
Steve-o||[^]
Old 01-22-2007 , 00:06   Re: CrossServer-AdminChat v2.0.3 (Jun 25, 2006)
Reply With Quote #100

i only have two addon plugins on my servers, our own and this...with the exception of another on one server.

I`m curious. Is it possible to communicate via IRC with this? for example, admin #1 on IRC doesn`t have game installed, someone comes into IRC to say theres a cheater on the server, admin #2 is on another server playing...admin #1 types
@a there`s a cheater on server XYZ
admin #2 gets message and goes to that server.

or if there any resources anyone knows of that gives good documentation of how to interconnect using some sort of socket script that goes into IRC, etc

Thanks!