Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Plugin running at specific map (which is in the cycle twice)

Post New Thread Reply   

-W0kk3L-
Old 08-29-2006 , 16:58   Plugin running at specific map (which is in the cycle twice)
Reply With Quote #1

Hi all,

I'm hoping that someone has a good suggestion for the current problem i'm having. I want to run a mapcycle like the following:

map_a
map_b (without a specific plugin activated)
map_c
map_b (with a specific plugin activated)
map_d
etc...

As you can see map_b is in the cycle twice. The first time this map runs, the plugin i want to run shouldn't be active. The second time i run it, it SHOULD be active. Anyone got a clue how to fix this? The only way i can think of now, is to check what's the nextmap. If nextmap is "map_d" then active plugin, else not_active... But this would require changing the code of a plugin, which i try to avoid.

Anyone got better suggestions? I don't want to duplicate/rename the map in any way (cause i don't want people to download an extra map, just because i want to run a plugin). Maybe there is something in AMXModX which can help out...
Old 08-31-2006 , 00:03   Re: Plugin running at specific map (which is in the cycle twice)
Reply With Quote #2

Nobody with a good suggestion?
BANNED
Old 08-31-2006 , 00:07   Re: Plugin running at specific map (which is in the cycle twice)
Reply With Quote #3

I think this would be a good addition to the map configs...

make another mapcycle for plugins.
Send a message via AIM to SweatyBanana Send a message via Yahoo to SweatyBanana
-W0kk3L-
Old 08-31-2006 , 11:48   Re: Plugin running at specific map (which is in the cycle twice)
Reply With Quote #4

Indeed, something like:
[de_dust]
plugin_1
plugin_2
[de_aztec]
plugin_1
plugin_3
plugin_4

Where the plugins have to be in plugins.ini. Just an idea. As far as i can tell there isn't a sollution other than changing the code of a plugin.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-31-2006 , 18:46   Re: Plugin running at specific map (which is in the cycle twice)
Reply With Quote #5

Could you tell me what plugin it is you want to run? It is possible you don't need to change the source of the plugin. You see, what you suggested doesn't have to be contained in the original plugin and can be part of a new one.

Last edited by Lee; 09-01-2006 at 10:02.
Lord_Destros
Veteran Member
Old 08-31-2006 , 18:54   Re: Plugin running at specific map (which is in the cycle twice)
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by -W0kk3L- View Post
Indeed, something like:
[de_dust]
plugin_1
plugin_2
[de_aztec]
plugin_1
plugin_3
plugin_4

Where the plugins have to be in plugins.ini. Just an idea. As far as i can tell there isn't a sollution other than changing the code of a plugin.
That would be kind of annoying for CS servers that run 100+ plugins........
Send a message via AIM to Lord_Destros
-W0kk3L-
Old 09-01-2006 , 01:33   Re: Plugin running at specific map (which is in the cycle twice)
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Could you tell me what plugin it is you want to run? It is possible you don't need to change the source of the plugin. You see, what you suggest doesn't have to be contained in the original plugin and can be part of a new one.
It's the jetpack plugin. And yes, there is a cvar to turn it on or off (jp_arena 0/1). I don't want it to be active then scoutsknivez is active for the first time in the cycle, and i do want it to be active at the second time the same map passes in the cycle.
Old 09-05-2006 , 01:47   Re: Plugin running at specific map (which is in the cycle twice)
Reply With Quote #8

No-one having an idea how to fix this?
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-05-2006 , 05:40   Re: Plugin running at specific map (which is in the cycle twice)
Reply With Quote #9

I'm starting on my idea as we speak. Expect an update later today.
-W0kk3L-
Old 09-05-2006 , 06:13   Re: Plugin running at specific map (which is in the cycle twice)
Reply With Quote #10

Cool, thnx !