Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

How to spawn a player at start?

Post New Thread Reply   

Guenhwyvar
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 07-20-2006 , 04:38   How to spawn a player at start?
Reply With Quote #1

On my kreedz server, I want to implement a function "say /start" to let players beam back to start.

If I use the following, the player spawns on the last checkpoint he saved.

Quote:
spawn(id);
set_task(0.5,"spawnagain",id);

public spawnagain(id) {
spawn(id);
}
How can I force a spawn in the originally spawn area?
teame06
i have a hat
Old 07-20-2006 , 05:49   Re: How to spawn a player at start?
Reply With Quote #2

Code:
register_clcmd("say /start", "cmdStart"); in plugin_init() public cmdStart(id) {      spawn(id); }

This should work unless that plugin you are using hook resethud to detect when you respawn and teleport you back to your last location.
Send a message via AIM to teame06
Guenhwyvar
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 07-20-2006 , 06:03   Re: How to spawn a player at start?
Reply With Quote #3

The plugin (kz_multiplugin) apparently does exactly this. But there must be another way to get the player to the start.

Code:
public ResetHUD(id) {     //Check if Checkpoints are on...     if (get_cvar_num("kz_checkpoints") != 0) {         //Check if user has a Checkpoint         if (gCheckpoint[id]) {             //Yep he has one... Move him to it...             if (CheckCheckpoint(id)) move_to_check(id)             cs_set_user_money(id,0)             //Check if limited Checkpointuse is on             if (get_cvar_num("kz_limitedcp") != 0) {                 //Yep.. It is on... Delete Checkpoint                 gCheckpoint[id]=false                 client_print(id,print_chat,"[KZ] Checkpoint Used...")             }         }else{             if (gHasTimer[id]) ResetTimer(id,1)         }     }else{         if (gHasTimer[id]) ResetTimer(id,1)     }     //Chech if he just joined     if (gJoined[id]) {         get_user_origin(id,gLastCheckpointPos[id])         gJoined[id]=false         if (get_cvar_num("kz_checkpoints")==1) {             client_print(id,print_chat,"* ^"KZ Multiplugin^" is enabled")             client_print(id,print_chat,"* Use checkpoints by typing ^"checkpoint^" & ^"gocheck^" in console")             client_print(id,print_chat,"* if you get stuck say ^"/stuck^" to jump back to last checkpoint")         }else{             client_print(id,print_chat,"* ^"KZ Multiplugin^" is disabled")         }     }     //Check if he gets godmode     if (get_cvar_num("kz_godmode") != 0) {         //Yep, it's on... Give it too him...         set_user_godmode(id,1)     }     //Check if auto scout give is on...     if (get_cvar_num("kz_scout") != 0) {         //Yep, it's on... Give it too him...         GiveScout(id)     }     //Check if he gets semiclip...     if (get_cvar_num("kz_semiclip") != 0) {         //Yep, it's on... Give it too him...         entity_set_int(id, EV_INT_solid, SOLID_TRIGGER)     }else{         //Nope, it's off... Make sure he has clip         entity_set_int(id, EV_INT_solid, SOLID_BBOX)     }     //Check if nightmode is on...     if (get_cvar_num("kz_nightmode") != 0) {         //Yep, it's on...         set_lights("a")     }else{         //Nope, it's off...         set_lights("n")     }     //Check if he is hooked to something     if (gIsHooked[id]) RopeRelease(id)     cs_set_user_money(id,gMoney[id]) }
teame06
i have a hat
Old 07-20-2006 , 15:14   Re: How to spawn a player at start?
Reply With Quote #4

Code:
new bool:spawn[33]; // at the very top register_clcmd("say /start", "cmdStart"); // in plugin_init() public cmdStart(id) {     spawn[id] = true;     spawn(id); } public ResetHUD(id) {         //Check if Checkpoints are on...         if (get_cvar_num("kz_checkpoints") != 0)     {                 //Check if user has a Checkpoint                 if (gCheckpoint[id] && !spawn[id])         {                         //Yep he has one... Move him to it...                         if (CheckCheckpoint(id)) move_to_check(id)             cs_set_user_money(id,0)             //Check if limited Checkpointuse is on                         if (get_cvar_num("kz_limitedcp") != 0)             {                                 //Yep.. It is on... Delete Checkpoint                                 gCheckpoint[id]=false                                 client_print(id,print_chat,"[KZ] Checkpoint Used...")                         }                 }else{                         if (gHasTimer[id]) ResetTimer(id,1)                 }         }else{                 if (gHasTimer[id]) ResetTimer(id,1)         }     spawn[id] = false;

Something like this will work. I have been writing a plugin you might want to beta for me. I'll PM you some info.
Marticus
Old 07-29-2006 , 10:03   Re: How to spawn a player at start?
Reply With Quote #5

You are going to confuse people with that ResetHUD function name
Old 07-29-2006 , 15:30   Re: How to spawn a player at start?
Reply With Quote #6

Don't you need to register an event for the public ResetHUD to work?

www.JustRP.com
A TSRP Server

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
Don't you go be bringing reality into this.
teame06
i have a hat
Old 07-29-2006 , 15:37   Re: How to spawn a player at start?
Reply With Quote #7

@ Des12
yea, but this was just a partial code for pl2003 so change his current code.

@ Marticus

If other people are going to get confused GG.
Marticus
Old 07-29-2006 , 15:40   Re: How to spawn a player at start?
Reply With Quote #8

Nevermind, I didn't realise you were making the function for the event by the same name. That happens when you're on 4 hours of sleep.

Last edited by Marticus; 07-29-2006 at 15:47.
Old 07-29-2006, 15:46
Marticus
This message has been deleted by Marticus. Reason: because it's a duplicate