Raised This Month: $100 Target: $400
 25% 

Extra Lives


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Plugin Info:     Modification:   Counter-Strike        Category:   Fun Stuff        Approver:   v3x (159)
Deviance
Veteran Member
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Sweden
Old 06-26-2006 , 01:29   Extra Lives
Reply With Quote #1

Extra Lives
By Doombringer

This plugin give's you extra-lives in conter-strike

Cvars:
EL_Enabled(Def: 1) - 0: Disabled - 1: Enabled
EL_Lives(Def: 5) - number of lives you have before you can't respawn

This is a TESTED plugin

Post any bugs, suggestions, requests, points

Big thanks to Substream for helping me(many thx)
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (extra-lives.sma - 5646 views - 2.1 KB)

Last edited by Deviance; 05-13-2007 at 21:31.
Deviance is offline
v3x
Veteran Member
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: US
Old 06-26-2006 , 01:38   Re: Extra Life's
Reply With Quote #2

This is actually a pretty good idea, IMO.

By the way it's lives, not lifes ;)

Wait for some adequate feedback and I'll approve!

Edit: You should change 1 to 0 in this case:
Code:
if(player_lives[victim] > 1)
If a player has 1 life left he won't be able to use it!

Also, there's no respawn() function in your code (in set_task) ;)

You might also want to choose a more suitable category for it.
__________________
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.

Last edited by v3x; 06-26-2006 at 01:41. Reason: Looked over code and found some problems
v3x is offline
Deviance
Veteran Member
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Sweden
Old 06-26-2006 , 01:40   Re: Extra Life's
Reply With Quote #3

thx v3x
Deviance is offline
k007
BANNED
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: bacon?
Old 06-26-2006 , 01:46   Re: Extra Life's
Reply With Quote #4

Wasn't this plugin made already in uaio.
k007 is offline
Send a message via MSN to k007
v3x
Veteran Member
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: US
Old 06-26-2006 , 01:48   Re: Extra Life's
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by k007
Wasn't this plugin made already in uaio.
Yep, but this is more convienent if someone doesn't want to download/install UAIO. Also, this is sort of a global effect so it'll effect all players.
__________________
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
v3x is offline
Deviance
Veteran Member
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Sweden
Old 06-26-2006 , 01:53   Re: Extra Life's
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3x
This is actually a pretty good idea, IMO.

By the way it's lives, not lifes ;)

Wait for some adequate feedback and I'll approve!

Edit: You should change 1 to 0 in this case:
Code:
if(player_lives[victim] > 1)
If a player has 1 life left he won't be able to use it!

Also, there's no respawn() function in your code (in set_task) ;)

You might also want to choose a more suitable category for it.
-.-, i write like an drunk when i'm not sleeping( jeez, it's 06:53 MORNING here )

well, fixed then. Got help from SubStream
Deviance is offline
SubStream
Veteran Member
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: USA
Old 06-26-2006 , 02:19   Re: Extra Life's
Reply With Quote #7

I'm helping him out with a few things but I think this was an excellent idea on his part and very GJ on the initial release. This should be very interesting after additions/modifications/etc. GJ on the idea ... very very awesome...

Edit:

Some ideas I have to help your plugin further:

* Ability to add lives onto what you already have
* Ability to add a different ammount past the default starting amount so that people with 3 saved lives don't get 3 more lives if they didn't die the previous round.. instead they only get X more
* Ability to limit max number of lives (can only get X lives then it stops adding)

Just some ideas

Potentially you could take this to a large scale and do an entirely new mod for this style of play, but for the simplicity of lives adding/not adding this works great.

Edit2: Fix up some of your indentation after you get some sleep.. I know you are coding this running on fumes but when you wake up do some cosmetic work on it cause its a bit rough

Also since you are giving +X amount of lives on client_putinserver, if I join the server and then the round starts after I join and the new adding ability is turned on (after you add it) then I've just gotten more than the normal default number of lives for nothing and I just came in. Potentially this could give me a huge advantage.

This is just my personal opinion (but what do I know)... I think you should take client_putinserver completely out of the plugin because it's really not necessary and causes this potential problem (assuming you end up coding the way I am thinking it will be done). If someone comes in mid-round they die once and next round they get their three lives. This is fair and prevents this problem.

Last edited by SubStream; 06-26-2006 at 02:52.
SubStream is offline
Deviance
Veteran Member
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Sweden
Old 06-26-2006 , 02:21   Re: Extra Life's
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubStream
I'm helping him out with a few things but I think this was an excellent idea on his part and very GJ on the initial release. This should be very interesting after additions/modifications/etc. GJ on the idea ... very very awesome...
couldn't make it so good as it is now w/o you

EDIT: if i get more awake today, i take your requests. Atm i just gonna mess everything up :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Substream
Also since you are giving +X amount of lives on client_putinserver, if I join the server and then the round starts after I join and the new adding ability is turned on (after you add it) then I've just gotten more than the normal default number of lives for nothing and I just came in. Potentially this could give me a huge advantage.
they get X lives when joining, they dont get that + what they get of the new round event

Quote:
Originally Posted by Substream
I think you should take client_putinserver completely out of the plugin because it's really not necessary and causes this potential problem (assuming you end up coding the way I am thinking it will be done). If someone comes in mid-round they die once and next round they get their three lives. This is fair and prevents this problem.
Think like this, the server has a script that spawn the player when joining, then they dont get any life and they have to wait until the round is over if they die, witch is kind of lame.

btw

PHP Code:
public client_putinserver(id)
{
    if(
get_pcvar_num(enabled) < 1)
    return 
PLUGIN_CONTINUE
    
    player_lives
[id] = get_pcvar_num(num_of_lives)
    
    return 
PLUGIN_CONTINUE

this means they get the num, it doesnt get 'added'.
it's more i'm afraid of ppl'z having respawn script's of some kind, like in my example. Then it's best to 'be on the secure side', like just if ;)

Last edited by Deviance; 06-26-2006 at 18:10.
Deviance is offline
SubStream
Veteran Member
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: USA
Old 06-26-2006 , 19:26   Re: Extra Life's
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubStream
* Ability to add lives onto what you already have
I think you overlooked this in my post when replying to what I said.
SubStream is offline
Old 07-25-2006, 20:35
Da_sk8rboy
This message has been deleted by Da_sk8rboy. Reason: I was a super noob back then . . .
Deviance
Veteran Member
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Sweden
Old 07-27-2006 , 16:21   Re: Extra Lives
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_sk8rboy
I wanted to put this Plugin on my server. so after i put the extralives plugin in the plugin folder and in the plugins.ini folder and put the line:
extra-lives.amxx then changed the map my console for my server said add_menu_blank..? what does that mean..?
This plugin doesn't have any menu's, so it's prob something else.
Deviance is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 14:51.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode