Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

CSS DM

Post New Thread Reply   

dirtbiker5418
Old 05-03-2006 , 21:09   CSS DM
Reply With Quote #1

let me just start out by saying that i am new to the modding scene.
i have a few questions about setting up CSS DM and stripper source....

1) i can't seem to get rid of objects (and yes i have tried the stripper method)

2) the guns menu doesn't work. it comes up with the "1,2,3" options and i select 1 and it fades away

3) the buy menu still comes up. and i can't buy anything

4)how do you modify spawn points (once i kill someone, they will spawn very close by me and i will kill them before they have a chance)

if anyone could help me fix these issues it would be greatly appreciated!

if anyone could point me towards some good websites that list all the standard CSS cmds, that would be cool.

Thanks in Advance!
BAILOPAN
Old 05-04-2006 , 03:05  
Reply With Quote #2

You configured something wrong. Do it right.

Your server will say something like "Unable to read config file" in the logs during each map load.
Old 05-05-2006 , 00:14  
Reply With Quote #3

looked at console and no errors. metamod source says everything is loaded and running. i still can't get rid of the stupid bomb and hostages! like i said above i used the:

filter:
{
"classname" "/.*bomb.*/"
}
{
"classname" "/.*hostage.*/"
}

in stipper source and still they come up along with the buy menu (not the css dm one, the standard one) the css dm menu shows up and it say to "select equip" so i press "1" and it fades away . this is not a super big deal if i could have the players auto spawn with every weapon but it would be nice to get the css dm guns menu to work. if anyone could give me advice it would be great. i also would like to menton that if i do "stripper_dump", css crashes and i get a "could not read memory" error, if that is important.
TSCDan
Old 05-05-2006 , 11:50  
Reply With Quote #4

Are you running any other mods?
Send a message via AIM to TSCDan Send a message via MSN to TSCDan Send a message via Yahoo to TSCDan
BAILOPAN
Old 05-05-2006 , 13:32  
Reply With Quote #5

You have to turn logging on (log on).

Some of your other questions are answered in the FAQ: http://www.bailopan.net/cssdm/index.php?page=faq
Old 05-05-2006 , 15:13  
Reply With Quote #6

ok i logged my server and heres the error i got:

[STRIPPER] Could not find global filter file: C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\ME****\counter-\addons\stripper\global_filters.cfg

i am running a listen server (not dedicated) and my global_filters.cfg is in this directory:

C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\dirtbiker14519\co unter-strike source\cstrike\addons\stripper

should it be like this:

C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\dirtbiker14519\counter-strike source\addons\stripper
?

if i could get rid of the bomb/ hostages i think i'll be in good shape.

thanks
dirtbiker5418
Old 05-05-2006 , 15:19  
Reply With Quote #7

1 more thing..

when i die (playing with bots) and i am the only one on the terrorist forces (me vs. bots) a new round starts. when i get stripper to work correctly, it will stop that right?