Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

View Poll Results: SourceMod Continuation?
Delay. I'd rather wait for you guys to make a very complete product. 25 37.88%
Use Small and make an AMX Mod X port. I still want SourceMod as soon as possible! 41 62.12%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Public Vote, Discussion Log

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

L. Duke
Veteran Member
Old 03-28-2006 , 17:17  

10 PRINT "GW-BASIC would be awesome!"
20 GOTO 10
Andre
Old 03-28-2006 , 20:03  

TBH im sure that you guys know exactly what your doing and either way there will be a good practical mod to admin servers , theres a good arguement for both choices in this but i believe that the sooner the better.
BAILOPAN
Old 03-28-2006 , 21:42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by L. Duke
20 GOTO 10
more like
Code:
        push msg
        call printf
        db 0ebh, -12

msg     db   "THIS IS BETTER!",10,0
Old 03-29-2006 , 07:42  

Much as I would love to see a SourceMod based on a new purpose designed scripting language, at the moment the lack of any real way to script plugins for CSS is more of an issue for the community than Small not being perfect.

If it were me doing it though, I would definately go for option 1. It would make for a really interesting project, much more fun than porting AMX Mod X.
peagle
Old 03-29-2006 , 10:40  

I fear that if you return to the drawing board at this point, the mod won't be out in time. Then again I suppose there's no fear Valve will be releasing their next engine for another 10 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaman
Mani single-handedly rescued the entire CS:S community with his plugin.
*cough* Beetle may have dual handedly played a role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L. Duke
20 GOTO 10
omg you forgot to CLS!
Send a message via MSN to peagle
[CBLA]Xenon
Old 03-29-2006 , 16:41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by peagle
*cough* Beetle may have dual handedly played a role.
For server ops running on a Windows platform, maybe ...
Send a message via ICQ to [CBLA]Xenon Send a message via AIM to [CBLA]Xenon Send a message via MSN to [CBLA]Xenon Send a message via Yahoo to [CBLA]Xenon
imported_EviL_GoD
Old 03-30-2006 , 20:46  

honestly i think u should write ur own.. if u use small its not gunna be how everyone will expect it to be.. it may take a while but everyone can use the server side plugins such as M.A.P for now even tho i personally dont like any of them..
GHW_Chronic
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-03-2006 , 15:28  

me and johnjg75 both agreed that once sourcemod is released we will come here from the AMXX forums. Seeing this, I would think many people would drop small and come to BAILian. I'm sure some people will still maintain AMXX but being able to port AMXX plugins to sourcemod because they are both in small will not matter too greatly as there will be plenty of authors willing to port from Small to BAILian.

Yes. BAILian. I have named it for you already.

Also what you are not noticing is that you and the devs of sourcemod are highly skilled people. Being as you are going to have a lot of free time and I know you dedicate yourself to your projects, making this new functional sourcemod instead of rebuilding AMXX may just take less time than you proposed, and even if it did we want only the best for sourcemod.

Which brings me to the last part of my rant. 1-2 months would be awesome to be able to have a sourcemm based plugin that is fully backwards compadible with AMXX plugins as then you can take all the AMXX plugins to sourcemod and not have to worry about people scripting small for sourcemod and then having to jump to a new version when the "good" version comes out. So it seems many people are in favor of 1-2 months of changing AMXX from HL1-HL2 and then 1 year of making a good version.

[/rant][/opinion]
Send a message via AIM to GHW_Chronic
L. Duke
Veteran Member
Old 04-03-2006 , 16:28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHW_Chronic
...to be able to have a sourcemm based plugin that is fully backwards compadible with AMXX plugins as then you can take all the AMXX plugins to sourcemod...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN
...AMX Mod X plugins would not be backwards compatible...
GHW_Chronic
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-03-2006 , 16:30  

that's cool. If they're both using small though, it wouldn't be too hard to port I'm sure.
Send a message via AIM to GHW_Chronic
Closed Thread