Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Basic Admin Tool

Post New Thread Reply   

EKS
Veteran Member
Old 03-09-2006 , 18:18  
Reply With Quote #211

I use a cleaver system based .bat files. I do plan to setup a CVS system, but evey time i look at it and see it does not have any setup.exe i give up.

Other then that, BAT is looking good atm, should be this weekend with the webinterface from flyingmongoose
cHoSeN oNe
Old 03-10-2006 , 12:48  
Reply With Quote #212

Awesome! I'm a big fan of the mod and love what you've done thus far. Let me know if I could be of some help in anyway.
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 03-10-2006 , 17:54  
Reply With Quote #213

Quote:
BAT 1.2.0 Beta 1
- Added: MySQL support for admins and admin logs ( check BATConfig.cfg for CVARS )
- Added: Server side commands: admin_help,admin_csay,admin_name,admin_kick,a dmin_ban,admin_unban,admin_slay,admin_slap,ad min_team,admin_map,admin_startmapvote,admin_l ist,admin_reload,admin_nextmap
- Added: System for scanning Message index, may fix issues in some mods.
- Added: Full mod support for empires ( www.empiresmod.com ) Say commands work & mapvote system
- Changed: Admin menu will now show a team name when opening the changeteam menu for the first time
I now released the 1.2.0 Beta 1, it did not get as much tested as i wanted ( I had ordered a new server that i was gonna test on, but it wad dead on arrival ).
This beta has been running a few hours on a empires server, but i dont have MySQL running on it. So the SQL feature is not extreemly well tested.

For Windows servers:
Please note that you HAVE to download the webinterface part if you run a windows server and place the libmysql.dll in your srcds.exe folder or windows/system32.

For those who may care, BAT proberbly requires MySQL 5.x it is at least compiled against that API.
Other then that, you have to manuly import the SQL tables for now if you want to use MySQL for admins.
cHoSeN oNe
Old 03-13-2006 , 17:54   A little suggestion
Reply With Quote #214

I think there should be two versions of this plugin. One that runs using mysql or future sql types, and one that doesn't. (think the old adminmod) You could probably just as easily add another CFLAG for it so you can give the option to the ones that do not want to manage a sql database, or don't know how to set one up.
imported_Ard Choille
Old 03-14-2006 , 00:42  
Reply With Quote #215

got a .sql file for the table layouts?
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 03-14-2006 , 05:53  
Reply With Quote #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ard Choille
got a .sql file for the table layouts?
Missed on irc, but its in the first post. The file that contains the webinterface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cHoSeN oNe
I think there should be two versions of this plugin. One that runs using mysql or future sql types, and one that doesn't. (think the old adminmod) You could probably just as easily add another CFLAG for it so you can give the option to the ones that do not want to manage a sql database, or don't know how to set one up.
Why? You can disable the MySQL feature in the config file, bat_mysql 0 and it reverts back to the default option of reading users.ini.
FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 03-14-2006 , 12:13  
Reply With Quote #217

Eventually I plan to make a nice little webinterface installer for an easier configuration of the database, less direct user interaction with the DB the better IMO.

Only ask for support in plugin threads.

TunedChaos.com - Precision Tuned Game Servers
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 03-15-2006 , 19:31  
Reply With Quote #218

Quote:
BAT 1.2.0 Beta 2
- Added: Server now gets hostname of server instead of adding "Server" to logs / chat
- Added: Support for maps.ini In this file you add maps that you want in the admin map list, but NOT in the public mapcycle
- Added: Support for IP address when login via MySQL
- Added: Support for admin commands via say ( Example: say #kick FakeEKS Evil fakenicker )
- Added: Support for getting reason via console commands is better, it now should not need quotes around reason
- Fixed: SQL error count would not get reset on mapchange ( With 5 errors, BAT stops checking players against SQL )
- Fixed: Bug where Bots/HLTV would be checked against MySQL
New beta released:
I RENAMED THE UNIQE ID FIELD IN SQL TABLE to PlayerID ( Included the sql file with the base BAT package in the docs dir now.
Other then that this release adds support for extra maps in the menu for admins only. Please remember to ONLY add maps that are not in the mapcycle.

Il update the readme for the say admin commands later but it basicly like this:
say #kick EKS
notice i removed the admin_ from the command, other then that its exacly like the console command ( you can do say #admin_kick to)

EDIT:
There is a SQL command to rename fields, i dont know it but the default MySQL GUI tool for windows can do it for you. So you dont have to re enter your admins to the SQL db
FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 03-16-2006 , 00:57  
Reply With Quote #219

Also note: there will be an edit function, I just haven't gotten to it yet. I've been pretty busy at work, that's where I normally work on it, lol.

Only ask for support in plugin threads.

TunedChaos.com - Precision Tuned Game Servers
imported_Ard Choille
Old 03-17-2006 , 02:42  
Reply With Quote #220

I can't get the plugin to read my access in the SQL table

I join the server and i have no access. But if i use users.ini i do.