Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

SourceMM versions?

[Arnold]
Old 12-13-2005 , 07:15   SourceMM versions?

Hello XAD,

did you ever consider to release SourceMM versions or your plugins? Thanks for your work.

Arnold
XAD
Old 12-14-2005 , 03:55   Re: SourceMM versions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Arnold
]Hello XAD,

did you ever consider to release SourceMM versions or your plugins? Thanks for your work.

Arnold
Not sure what I considered... I know that I wanted it to be published for SourceMod ...
I have looked at the API but not decided yet as I'm very busy at work... I also want to make sure SourceMM is stable and really used as I otherwise have to support both (and is running none)... If people will use Mani's SourceMM version then it would really make sense to move PTBx too...

/X
K2
Old 12-23-2005 , 05:43  

I'd port it over to sourceMM XAD - so far the sourceMM for Mani has been well received. About to convert mine over to the sourceMM version as well (linux).

Small request while we're discussing your plugin: something I noticed with the team balancer - when team numbers are even (say 10vs10), if a new player joins the server and hits auto-select in the menu, they will *always* get moved to CT side, regardless of the team score. Seen it where CT's were winning by a pretty wide margin and a new player auto's and gets put over to that team. If you can look into that, it'd be appreciated.

And thx for PTBx, it's been pretty well received on my server.
kingpin
Veteran Member
Old 12-24-2005 , 08:16  

hello XAD, just finished switching over to statsminimum and mani for SMM and it would be good to have PTBx for SMM also that is ofcourse when you have time.
Old 01-12-2006 , 18:00   Re: SourceMM versions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAD
I also want to make sure SourceMM is stable and really used as I otherwise have to support both (and is running none)... If people will use Mani's SourceMM version then it would really make sense to move PTBx too...
Actually people do. :-) I really don't want to push you, I just wanted to know if there is a chance to see a SourceMM version of the XADmin suite or parts of it. Especially PTBx still is the superior team balancer for CS:S in my opinion and StatsXS my prefered ingame stats tool. Would be great to have these, and if there's a chance to get a copy I'd personally postpone my switch to SourceMM to that point.

Best regards

Arnold
Outbreaker
Old 01-12-2006 , 19:08  

Why you want thes plugin for SourceMod that makes no sense.
I tínk the best is to make all Plugin without SourceMod because if SourceMod don't wokes then all Plugins don't work.
[Arnold]
Old 01-13-2006 , 04:21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbreaker
Why you want thes plugin for SourceMod that makes no sense.
I tínk the best is to make all Plugin without SourceMod because if SourceMod don't wokes then all Plugins don't work.
AFAIK SourceMod isn't even released yet. If it was SourceMM you thought of: you may use whatever software you like. So do I. But I didn't call for your advice or interpretation of what makes sense or not. You can leave this up to me and an answer up to XAD.

Arnold
Rebell
Veteran Member
Old 01-13-2006 , 05:54  

would be cool if there is a sourceMM version
Old 01-13-2006 , 15:04  

Quote:
would be cool if there is a sourceMM version
What would be cool

Quote:
AFAIK SourceMod isn't even released yet. If it was SourceMM you thought of: you may use whatever software you like. So do I. But I didn't call for your advice or interpretation of what makes sense or not. You can leave this up to me and an answer up to XAD.
SourceMM is a good idee for Users wo want to make Plugins but don't have 1337 Program Skills
lunatic00
Old 01-13-2006 , 19:24  

I hope you do not pull it for a SourceMM version, myself I can find nothing SourceMM can offer my servers that is not available with normal plugins, so why should we use it?

We use this and mani's server plugin, the normal one not the SourceMM one.

I see no reason to add many binaries made by many different people with wide rage of dedication and abilities, just to watch everything get tossed in a mix when an update comes along.

Unless someone puts out a plugin that has a lot of beetles mod features like auto kick and auto temp bans, a uniname blocker, winlimit team based weapon restrictions, and so on, and has a strong linux backing, I see no reason what so ever for us to use SourceMM.

I would be behind a stackable server plugin mod much the way this one works, where coders could use it's admin end and just add other functions.

It's not about how many screwy binaries and silly mods you can run, it's about how fast you can get your stable servers back on their feet for your players after a steam update.

Sorry if this offends and is not meant as a flame, it just I have been running community based hl servers for more then 41/2 years and our source servers have been online a year and a half now. I am just very disappointed with the state of source server plugins not coming even close to being as configurable as we had on other versions of CS.

<3 U Xad