Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Admin Dll w/ Weapons Restrictions and Voting and Ranks/hpk

sniper_strike
Old 10-08-2005 , 03:13  

for some reason it said im godlike but im pretty sure i have all the quake sounds off hrmm let me re-check

edit:
GodLikeSound "" is set what else could have made it said it?

it looked like

SMurf is godlike!!!

or something like that in the text say area

66.150.188.42:27015
BeetleFart
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-08-2005 , 17:29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper_strike
for some reason it said im godlike but im pretty sure i have all the quake sounds off hrmm let me re-check

edit:
GodLikeSound "" is set what else could have made it said it?

it looked like

SMurf is godlike!!!

or something like that in the text say area
ShowKillTextMessages 0
69.90.34.10:27015 Beetlesmod.com And CS-Addicts{US}

http://www.clanuseast.com
az
Old 10-11-2005 , 17:31  

Quote:
Originally Posted by original post

Its a no frills admin dll. Nothing fancy ...just something to hold people over
till Source Mod is ready to Rock.
Guess that never happened eh? Too bad, since it looks like source is starting to gain more players imo. Seems that the sourcemod team doesn't want to keep up with the times.

Well anyway, Beetle, is the linux guy that helps out going to stick around? I had jumped over to mani mod because we changed to a linux server. But I really miss a lot of the things that your mod had. Thinking about coming back.

Oh and does reserved slots work without having to add extra slots to our server and use the sv_maxvisible command or whatever it was? And if not, does anyone know of a reserved slot plugin that works?

I want to just have an 18 man server with one reserved slot. I want it so that it can fill up with anyone, but if a reserved steam ID logs on, he kicks a spectator or shortest connect time player. Or is that impossible?

Too many questions eh?
BeetleFart
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-11-2005 , 23:10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by az
Quote:

Guess that never happened eh? Too bad, since it looks like source is starting to gain more players imo. Seems that the sourcemod team doesn't want to keep up with the times.

Well anyway, Beetle, is the linux guy that helps out going to stick around? I had jumped over to mani mod because we changed to a linux server. But I really miss a lot of the things that your mod had. Thinking about coming back.

Oh and does reserved slots work without having to add extra slots to our server and use the sv_maxvisible command or whatever it was? And if not, does anyone know of a reserved slot plugin that works?

I want to just have an 18 man server with one reserved slot. I want it so that it can fill up with anyone, but if a reserved steam ID logs on, he kicks a spectator or shortest connect time player. Or is that impossible?

Too many questions eh?
Im not sure if the present linux version is working correctly
1 Person reported having some problems

lunatic00
Old 10-12-2005 , 14:14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by az
Quote:

Too many questions eh?
The "Linux guy" has said he is back in school and does not have much time, took a while to get a patch after the Steam update broke beetles. So odds are very high we will be left high and dry sooner or later down the road.

There are a few of the beetles specific options that have been the reason we ran it, they have become more and more buggy on Linux after the last stable Linux Release Version 1.0.1.52A. Bugs I reported back in July are worse now then they were back then, and from Beetles replies I am left to believe they will not be addressed as they work fine on windows.

Due to the lack of real Linux support by Beetle, [ Obvious by the replies given to the Linux bugs ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeetleFart
so what would you have me do?
It works for me..
I dont have linux..
I dont know linux..
All functions are pretty much working as best as I can tell for windows
we are being forced to move to Mani's, we are trying to mix the two because we really liked how beetles worked in the past. Beetles was our second plugin after SAP, and we have been using Beetles since it was first ported to Linux, but the bugs in Beetles Linux port are making it not worth run them both.

Seems the only hope for us Linux beetles users is to see if Mani will add some of the features to his plugin.

As far as slots go, Mani's works faster and better then Beetles does and without the bugs of having non reserved players kicking other non reserved players or letting them get on a team before it knows they should not have been able to take a slot in the first place.

If you have a popular active server, then you need to run a plugin that is fully supported for your OS, or your community will get bored or angry with the bugs very fast.

I am not trying to bash on you Beetle, I have told you many times how much we love your plugin, but as an admin I have to have my servers running with the least amount of bugs I can. I also have to know it will work after an update or get fixed fast.
BeetleFart
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-12-2005 , 17:13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatic00
Quote:
Originally Posted by az
Quote:

Too many questions eh?
The "Linux guy" has said he is back in school and does not have much time, took a while to get a patch after the Steam update broke beetles. So odds are very high we will be left high and dry sooner or later down the road.

There are a few of the beetles specific options that have been the reason we ran it, they have become more and more buggy on Linux after the last stable Linux Release Version 1.0.1.52A. Bugs I reported back in July are worse now then they were back then, and from Beetles replies I am left to believe they will not be addressed as they work fine on windows.

Due to the lack of real Linux support by Beetle, [ Obvious by the replies given to the Linux bugs ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeetleFart
so what would you have me do?
It works for me..
I dont have linux..
I dont know linux..
All functions are pretty much working as best as I can tell for windows
we are being forced to move to Mani's, we are trying to mix the two because we really liked how beetles worked in the past. Beetles was our second plugin after SAP, and we have been using Beetles since it was first ported to Linux, but the bugs in Beetles Linux port are making it not worth run them both.

Seems the only hope for us Linux beetles users is to see if Mani will add some of the features to his plugin.

As far as slots go, Mani's works faster and better then Beetles does and without the bugs of having non reserved players kicking other non reserved players or letting them get on a team before it knows they should not have been able to take a slot in the first place.

If you have a popular active server, then you need to run a plugin that is fully supported for your OS, or your community will get bored or angry with the bugs very fast.

I am not trying to bash on you Beetle, I have told you many times how much we love your plugin, but as an admin I have to have my servers running with the least amount of bugs I can. I also have to know it will work after an update or get fixed fast.
I understand..Im not taking it personally....
theres just not much I can do...
Unless who has time and troubleshooting experience with linux volunteers to help...Theres not a lot I can do..
It would literary take me at least 6 months to learn linux enough to do anything about it and that would also mean no developing of it will I do it.

Hemz
Old 10-18-2005 , 01:13  

the @pay flag is only @pay "name" people still access to @payt 1000... Fix the god dam flag.
BeetleFart
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-18-2005 , 07:41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemz
the @pay flag is only @pay "name" people still access to @payt 1000... Fix the god dam flag.
you fix your god dam flags

setadminlevel "admin_pay" "+"
setadminlevel "admin_payt" "+"
setadminlevel "admin_payct" "+"

BeetleFart
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-21-2005 , 09:33  

[updated]1.0.1.59BetaP
Added Settings chat command
brings up menu with Deathbeams,sounds,damagereport and hlx_display (if used) menu
added saving of players settings for all players (deletes after 30 days of no connection)
added servercommands admin_slayt admin_slayct admin_slayall (no immunity)

spess
Old 10-25-2005 , 12:19  

where the hell can i download it???
Send a message via MSN to spess