Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Team Management with PTBx ?

p@tneze
Old 09-08-2005 , 06:51   Team Management with PTBx ?

Hi all,

I would like to know if it is possible to avoid that players changes themselves their team during all the map. They could choose their team at the beginning of the map but, after that, never before the end of the map.

Is it possible ? If yes, how to configure this action with PTBx ?

Thanks for your answer.

Pat
p@tneze
Old 09-12-2005 , 08:14  

Any idea for this question ?
XAD
Old 10-15-2005 , 19:52  

Yes, it would be possible but I'm not sure how useful it would be as PTBx should prohibit players to change to the winning team (if you configure it correctly). Therefore it should only allow people to change to the loosing team which make teams even faster than waiting for PTBx to do it.
Please give me an example why (even if it can be implemented I like to keep the code small and not having a lot of unneeded code to maintain).

/X
p@tneze
Old 10-17-2005 , 08:17  

OK
I try to explain more precisely what I 'd like to do.

On my server, I currently use your PTBx plugin to autobalance team. It is perfect. But some players don't respect this plugin: they change to the winning team and don't want to help the loosing team. In that case the balance is never properly performed.

So what I 'd like to do is to enable to choose team when players enters to the server. And after that, they could not move by themselves to the other team until the end of the map.

PTBx provides a team selection control module. But when a player enters to the server, he can not freely choose his team. It depends directly of wtj. Perhaps I don't exactly understand all functions of this module ...

Could you explain me precisely what the goal of the following commands:
* ptb autorounds
* ptb wtjauto

Last question: if the team selection control module is enabled and after you've chosen your team, is it possible to enable only spectator choice ?

Thanks for your explanation

Pat
XAD
Old 10-17-2005 , 10:52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patneze
Could you explain me precisely what the goal of the following commands:
* ptb autorounds
* ptb wtjauto
"autorounds": Any select will be changed to "AUTO-SELECT" and let PTB decide the teams. This to dissallow uneven sized teams from start, as it takes some times for PTB to even this out. You can also see this problem when a couple of people from the same team are disconnecting.

"wtjauto": This will auto-select the team for a player after they have tried to choose the winning time to many times. Otherwise you would end up with a couple of people connected but waiting to get a slot in the winning team instead of start playing and help the loosing team.

Quote:
Last question: if the team selection control module is enabled and after you've chosen your team, is it possible to enable only spectator choice ?
Everything is possible... but then people could choose spectator and then another team... wouldn't this defeat your idea??

/X
p@tneze
Old 10-17-2005 , 11:45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAD
Quote:
Everything is possible... but then people could choose spectator and then another team... wouldn't this defeat your idea??

/X
yes

If I understand well your answer, depending on what I'd like to do, I have to set:

ptb autoround 1
ptb wtjauto 100

But I remains the problem of the spectator mode that will be not available after entering to the server. If you have a solution ...
p@tneze
Old 10-26-2005 , 12:07  

I would like to modify the PTBx plugin myself.

Is it possible to obtain the source code of the PTBx plugin ?

How can I compile the source code for a CS:Source linux server ?
p@tneze
Old 11-03-2005 , 08:20  

Quote:
I would like to modify the PTBx plugin myself.

How can I compile the source code for a CS:Source linux server ?
XAD, any responses about my previous question ?

Thanks.
XAD
Old 11-05-2005 , 16:21  

Quote:
As I have posted earlier (a long time ago), my intention has been to publish the code after rewriting it for SourceMod, ie the current code has not been written for public review... unfortenately I play CSS very seldom now, our clan almost stopped playing CS, CSS hasn't replaced CS, and most important, still waiting for the release of SourceMod... so you probably have to wait for it...

/X

PS! Of course mr P could force me to publish the source code or stop me to publish the binaries... which then would have me to choose one of the options...