Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

New plugin suggestion: GlitterMod

Post New Thread Reply   

imported_outkast134
Old 07-24-2005 , 01:12   New plugin suggestion: GlitterMod
Reply With Quote #1

First I would like to start by saying, I know that the knife mugging, and the betting system stuff are already implemented in other ADMIN plugins, but the fact of the matter is people should not have to run such LARGE plugins if they only want to use those little parts. That is why I would like to kind of just take them out of the large plugins and put them in their own little ones. Here is my idea! If anyone is interested in developing this, I would love to help be a beta tester / debugger, and provide information and feedback for them. PM, IM, or email me if you would like to be a developer.

Here is an outline I have made up for it:

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

GlitterMod Plugin for CS:Source

Objective: Use the games client death event to register special death prompts about clients.

Information to capture: [victim_name], [killer_name], [type_of_death]

Deaths to recognise: Grenade Suicide, Fall Suicide, Knife Kill

Other Special Cases: 1 vs 1 standoff

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Grenade Suicide Senarios:

If a player kills themselves with a genade they have thrown output a random message from a list of messages.

Message Examples:

"[victim_name] fumbled the ball!"
"[victim_name] tried to juggle live grenades!"
"[victim_name] lost his grenade pin!"
"[victim_name] throws like a girl!"

Fall Suicide Senarios:

If a player dies by falling from too high of a height output a random message from a list of messages.

Message Examples:

"[victim_name] wasn't wearing a cape!"
"[victim_name] got too close to the edge!"
"[victim_name] forgot to put on their jetpack!"
"[victim_name] thought he could fly!"

Knive Kill Senarios:

If one player knives another player and kills them output a random message from this list of messages,
and award them money that is taken from the victim they killed in the amount of up to [muggingcash] amount
of dollars. If the victim has less than [muggingcash] money award the killer all the money the victim had.
Do not allow this to count if the victim is AFK.

Message Examples:

"[killer_name] mugged [victim_name] at knifepoint and stole [$$$] dollars!"
"[killer_name] diced up [victim_name] and bagged [$$$] dollars!"
"[killer_name] got stabby with [victim_name] and looted [$$$] dollars!"
"[killer_name] gutted [victim_name] and grabbed [$$$] dollars!"

1 vs 1 Standoff Senarios:

In the even of a 1 vs 1 standoff where there is only one player alive on each team pop up a 'Betting Menu'
to all dead players where they can bet on who they think will win the round and the amount of money they
would like to wager. Do not allow any bets to win if one of the 2 players is AFK, or if a player dies by
bomb explosion. As soon as the round is over close all menus whether they have been completed or not. Grant
winnings to players who bet successfully, and take away wagers from players who lost the betting. Do not
allow players to bet more money than they currently have.

Example Menus:

Betting Menu:

1. CT Player - XX HP
2. T Player - XX HP

3. Menu Exit

Wager Menu:

1. $100
2. $250
3. $500
4. $1000
5. $2500
6. All In

7. Menu Exit

Some rules to follow:

1. This plugin should be free standing. (meaning other seperate plugins shouldn't have to be loaded for it to work)
2. All phrases, money amounts, number of phrases, etc should be able to be customizable by server admins, perhaps by keeping / editing them in a seperate config file.
3. The suicide evens such as an "admin_slay" command or a player using the "kill" command in console should not trigger any messages or events from this plugin.
4. Phrases used for any event should be grabbed in random order, but only the phrases pertaining to the even should be used.

I think I covered pretty much anything here. If you have more questions just ask me.

outkast134
Send a message via AIM to imported_outkast134 Send a message via MSN to imported_outkast134
ichthys
Veteran Member
Old 07-24-2005 , 01:52  
Reply With Quote #2

So you dont want an admin plugin on your server? Thats what I dont get.
If you dont mind having mani/nemod/beetle you could use either of those three along with Matties EventScipts to do that stuff. Post over on matties forums and I'm sure you'll get the help you need.
Old 07-24-2005 , 02:01  
Reply With Quote #3

I just think that mani and beetle and such have way too much "junk" in them...
Send a message via AIM to imported_outkast134 Send a message via MSN to imported_outkast134
ichthys
Veteran Member
Old 07-24-2005 , 16:29  
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by outkast134
I just think that mani and beetle and such have way too much "junk" in them...
Junk? Like what? It wouldn't be anything that you cant disable.
Old 07-24-2005 , 16:40  
Reply With Quote #5

Ok first off, disabling something still is not as good as just not having it there at all. Second, why is a "betting" system or a "mugging" system included in an "admin" plugin? The same with the sound packs. Shouldn't the "admin" plugin include stuff like ban, kick, slay, FF monitor, and AFK stuff, and the sounds be included in a "soundpack" plugin, and the betting / mugging stuff be included in a "stats" plugin? Its great that we are all trying to put everything into one plugin, but that doesn't give people much choice if they dont want something. I'm saying break it up a bit. Make plugins more specific. That's why I'm trying to get that little bit of stuff I need in a seperate plugin.

outkast134
ichthys
Veteran Member
Old 07-24-2005 , 16:58  
Reply With Quote #6

You can disable what you want with the popular plugins.
Old 07-25-2005 , 02:32  
Reply With Quote #7

You aren't understanding this. Disable != Leave Out. Even if you still disable stuff the plugin still has to check variables, run through if statements, make sure the functions are either enabled or disabled, etc. All of this still takes overhead. However, if the extra unwanted stuff isn't in the plugin, or it is in a seperate module for the plugin and the user decides they don't want it, then they aren't using any overhead on stuff they don't want because it isn't there.

outkast134
BeetleFart
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-25-2005 , 07:14  
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by outkast134
You aren't understanding this. Disable != Leave Out. Even if you still disable stuff the plugin still has to check variables, run through if statements, make sure the functions are either enabled or disabled, etc. All of this still takes overhead. However, if the extra unwanted stuff isn't in the plugin, or it is in a seperate module for the plugin and the user decides they don't want it, then they aren't using any overhead on stuff they don't want because it isn't there.

outkast134
then wait for Sourcemode to be complete and wait for the plugins you want to be written.
69.90.34.10:27015 Beetlesmod.com And CS-Addicts{US}

http://www.clanuseast.com
imported_outkast134
Old 07-25-2005 , 22:34  
Reply With Quote #9

Look, I'm not here to pick fights. I just posted a simple plugin idea in the "Plugin Ideas and Requests" forums to see if there is any interest in development of it. Its great that a suggestion has been posted, but it is just not a suitable one for me. That's why I brought it up. Pardon me...

outkast134

BTW, I used to write plugins for CS1.3 - 1.6 metamod which involved adminmod, and amx. The problem I have right now is that I can't make heads or tails out of the source SDK. That might change again when SourceMod comes out.
ichthys
Veteran Member
Old 07-26-2005 , 01:33  
Reply With Quote #10

Why dont you have a look at Eventscripts.
http://mattie.info/cs/forums