Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

cheat detection that works (limited)

Post New Thread Reply   

heklim
Old 03-22-2005 , 23:10   cheat detection that works (limited)
Reply With Quote #1

i checked around to make sure this wasnt a double post, apperently nobody has noticed this simple method yet.

if u repost it elseware put a link back to this post yay!

the newest hack that is most widely used adds cmds into your config.cfg even if u only load the hack once

(hlh from game deception)

im not sure if patric is acually this stupid or if he did it on purpose so it would be easy for ppl using his hack to be detected.
i was a g0t for like 4 yrs or so, so im pretty well connected around still

ANYWAYS back to the subject.

one of these is hlh_spinbot

if u exec cmd on client "hlh_spinbot 1" u will see them spin if they are using the hlh from game deception.

for instance, i have mani admin on my server.
if u bind a key to "admincexec_all hlh_spinbot 1" and press it every so often, u can catch the majority of cheaters on your server by seeing who starts spinning.

note* this doesnt work if they only loaded the hack once and have the cmd in their config, only if its loaded at the time.

extreamly easy to implement this simple little anticheat into a plugin, and execute it on everyone that connects automaticly, so its extreamly obvious to everyone playing that the person is trying to hack to look good. i got no prob with cheatin as i was theg0t and everything but its been ingrained in my soul that ppl that cheat to look good are ghey. (japs, anyone?)

been testin it all day, anyone into cheating enough to use some of the lastest versions of hax has gotten banned from the team drunk server

anyways, just thought i would let other admins know.

already tested this on myself and my other admins so it works.

have a nice day.

edit.

banned a cpl of regulars that where sneaky fgts already. bah.

@execclient noobie unbindall
@banip noobie
pretty much all u can do as an admin. unless u want to do illegal shit with their ip. which is.... illegal. dont. hehehe.
(yay for syn packets)

also, is it possible for the server to check if ppl are rotating constantly/steadily? be a nice autoban feature if u combine it with executing this cmd on clients when they connect or spawn (so they cant turn it off again before they spawn the first time)
Mattie
Veteran Member
Old 03-23-2005 , 10:13  
Reply With Quote #2

Unfortunately, this was well-known to a lot of admins who have been using it since the 'spinbot' feature was introduced. Now that it's posted publicly, though, it'll now be known to hack writers that hadn't thought through this yet. As such, this easy detection will be short-lived.

So the cycle goes, though.
-Mattie

Also see http://www.sourcemod.net/~sourcemod/...opic.php?t=893
vancelorgin
Old 03-25-2005 , 09:19  
Reply With Quote #3

Being able to interface with the hack through client commands is a ~fluke~. You shouldn't be able to see the hack's cvars at all. Feel free to use it while you can, but concentrate on other methods of detections :/

P.S.
Patrick is far from stupid

P.P.S.
Botnets are
Veteran Member
Old 03-25-2005 , 09:27  
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancelorgin
P.S.
Patrick is far from stupid
Obvious statement of the day award goes to vance. ;)

-Mattie
imported_xlkiller
Old 03-25-2005 , 10:33  
Reply With Quote #5

hlh_preset_sus:

what does this command make exactly ?

Thx.
213.246.37.67:27015
213.246.38.197:27018
Send a message via MSN to imported_xlkiller
Mattie
Veteran Member
Old 03-25-2005 , 10:41  
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlkiller
hlh_preset_sus:

what does this command make exactly ?
"Exactly" I don't remember, but I believe it enables just about every hack in one of the most popular hacker tools. It's the "suspicious mode". E.g. speedbot, aggressive aimbot, auto-shoot, entity-names-through-walls, etc. Probably enables name spam or the like.

Enabling only hlh_spinbot 1 makes the hacker spin around constantly in a way which the hacker himself will see no visible indication. Probably just created to freak out newbies.

Usually cheaters like to be discrete, so they don't enable the most obvious hacking functionality.

-Mattie
QwertyAccess
Veteran Member
Old 03-26-2005 , 02:29  
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie
Usually cheaters like to be discrete, so they don't enable the most obvious hacking functionality.

-Mattie
Obvious statement of the day award goes to Mattie.