Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

XADmin 0.4.1c - problem with Mani tk menu? (Closed!)

[Arnold]
Old 03-22-2005 , 03:04   XADmin 0.4.1c - problem with Mani tk menu? (Closed!)

Dear XAD,

after my yesterdays install of XADmin a problem came up. It seems, that the tk punishment menu of Mani Admin Plugin doesn't appear to the players any more. For I didn't change the mani_server.cfg I'd like to know if it is possible, that this menu is superposed by the killinfo XADmin provides.

Thanks for your work. I'm already using your plugins for a long time now (AMXX) and continued right away with the appearance of first PTBx and now XADmin.

Regards

Arnold
KIKAIDA
Old 03-22-2005 , 05:40  

yeah, it looks like the statsxs covers it up. the menu is still there, and if the player presses 1, it'll forgive, 2, it'll slay, etc.
[Arnold]
Old 03-22-2005 , 07:43  

Ok, thanks for your confirmation. Next question would be: can it be fixed? As far as I remember, XAD said he used the menu style for the killinfo because HUD messages aren't supported by the new engine. Would a different placement do the trick?

Arnold
XAD
Old 03-22-2005 , 08:37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnoeldchen
Ok, thanks for your confirmation. Next question would be: can it be fixed? As far as I remember, XAD said he used the menu style for the killinfo because HUD messages aren't supported by the new engine. Would a different placement do the trick?

Arnold
OK, there is only one menu and Mani probably don't check if a new menu is displayed after his. A new menu should cancel his menu logic... Try open one of his menus and without entering an option open a radio menu... If Mani's plugins behave strange then you need to report this to him...

The only solution is to either not use Mani's menus (which I think you want) or switch of the StatsXS "killed long info message". If you do, then activate the chat version of "killed info"....

In "statsxs.cfg" set:
Code:
statxs killedmsg off
statxs killedinfo on
Sorry but CSS does not support HUD-messages so the menu is the only "message" area, ie no other good options...

/X

PS! Thanks for your confident in my "products"...
Mani
Veteran Member
Old 03-22-2005 , 10:41  

My TK menu is triggered by a "player_death" event occuring as are my damage stats. I can't think of any better place to put this tbh....

I do report damage statistics on this event too (or round_end if player is still alive) but I do it in the chat area and echo'd to the console. I deliberately didn't put it in the menu in case the TK punishments were turned on.

Not really sure what to do here.

Petition Valve to fix the Hud Messages in CSS so we can have more fun

Mani.

www.mani-admin-plugin.com
XAD
Old 03-22-2005 , 10:59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani
My TK menu is triggered by a "player_death" event occuring as are my damage stats. I can't think of any better place to put this tbh....

I do report damage statistics on this event too (or round_end if player is still alive) but I do it in the chat area and echo'd to the console. I deliberately didn't put it in the menu in case the TK punishments were turned on.
Mani, that explains it... I don't trigger it on the event itself, as not all hit and damage info is always processed at that time.

The effect is that you display a menu.
I display a new menu which will delete your menu.
Your logic is still waiting for the menu options and is catching when they occur.

The "correct" menu logic should catch any new menus triggered and terminate the current active menu process.

BUT, in this case the your TK-menu should probably be more important than the killed info text... The only solution would be if your TK menu would be delayed for a fraction of a second (at least a couple of frames). Then it would override my menu which would make sense anyway as if you are TK:d you don't really care about the killed info...

NOW this is not a new issue as we had a similar problem in CS 1.6 with the limited number of HUD-messages (max 4)... People can't get all plugins to combine without issues and limitations... (but it would be nice if our plugins would be compatible )

The simplest solution is to switch of my "offensive" killed long text message and only use the chat version...

/X

PS! Have you any interrest to make our plugins to share some functions?? Someone posted an idea that access could be shared among plugins by triggering a new "access event". As you use capital letters and numbers and I use small letters (even if I at the moment also allow capitals) we could trigger an access event with a text string of access rights. If we "ored" our own access with the access rights from the event, server admins could configure XADmin-admin rights in your plugin and get f.ex PTBx admin protection (if I implement it)...
Mani
Veteran Member
Old 03-22-2005 , 12:05  

Well, just before I was rudely interupted by the web site asking me for my name and password to access the website statistics I managed to ctrl-c my reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani

Mani, that explains it... I don't trigger it on the event itself, as not all hit and damage info is always processed at that time.

The effect is that you display a menu.
I display a new menu which will delete your menu.
Your logic is still waiting for the menu options and is catching when they occur.

The "correct" menu logic should catch any new menus triggered and terminate the current active menu process.

BUT, in this case the your TK-menu should probably be more important than the killed info text... The only solution would be if your TK menu would be delayed for a fraction of a second (at least a couple of frames). Then it would override my menu which would make sense anyway as if you are TK:d you don't really care about the killed info...

NOW this is not a new issue as we had a similar problem in CS 1.6 with the limited number of HUD-messages (max 4)... People can't get all plugins to combine without issues and limitations... (but it would be nice if our plugins would be compatible )

The simplest solution is to switch of my "offensive" killed long text message and only use the chat version...

/X

PS! Have you any interrest to make our plugins to share some functions?? Someone posted an idea that access could be shared among plugins by triggering a new "access event". As you use capital letters and numbers and I use small letters (even if I at the moment also allow capitals) we could trigger an access event with a text string of access rights. If we "ored" our own access with the access rights from the event, server admins could configure XADmin-admin rights in your plugin and get f.ex PTBx admin protection (if I implement it)...
So you don't display immediately, are you suggesting that "player_hurt" events are triggered after the "player_death" event is triggered ?

I can't catch any new menus displayed by another plugin unless I hook into the user message functionality which I'm not at the moment Still got to get round to merging yours and Lance's hooking code so it's both linux/windows compatible (credits will be due in the documentation ;) ).

I can probably put a delay on the displaying of the menu but it's a sod as I will need to add another check in the game frame code to fire off the display of accumulated TK punishment menu requests. Hmm can I fire a custom event with a predefined delay to do this, probably not.

It's an interesting idea sharing admin access rights but I'm probably heading into your captial letters here as the Betas I'm running have run out of lower case flags and are now using upper case chars. My admin rights code is flexible enough to make them whole strings rather than just flags with a nudge on the parser but this would really require a new method of storing them on disk. I'm also toying with the idea of menu driven admin management from within the game. This should be fairly straight forward using my current code base but if a new 'admin list' file structure was needed it would require some re-thinking.

Mani

www.mani-admin-plugin.com
[Arnold]
Old 03-22-2005 , 14:16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAD
In "statsxs.cfg" set:
Code:
statxs killedmsg off
statxs killedinfo on
Hm, statSxs.cfg and statxs commands? "statxs" commands are unknown, although the statsxs.cfg sample contains them. Just a typo, it seems to me.

Arnold
tahvo
Old 03-22-2005 , 14:23  

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by XAD
In "statsxs.cfg" set:
Code:
statxs killedmsg off
statxs killedinfo on
Hm, statSxs.cfg and statxs commands? "statxs" commands are unknown, although the statsxs.cfg sample contains them. Just a typo, it seems to me.

Arnold
Oh, maybe that is why i canīt get those cvars to work even XAD said he fixed it.
XAD
Old 03-22-2005 , 14:41  

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by XAD
In "statsxs.cfg" set:
Code:
statxs killedmsg off
statxs killedinfo on

Arnold
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Yes I fixed the error that the command was missing.... but the one I added is missing the S as you, "arnoeldchen", is writing...

OK again!!!
Code:
statsxs killedmsg off
statsxs killedinfo on
/X