Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

hld flames

Post New Thread Reply   

tkaway69
Old 02-08-2005 , 22:07  
Reply With Quote #11

Ok... We have your two cents now. Yes this game does allow binds.... The post and "Argument" was about Hlg stopping unwanted binds. If a server owner/operator does not want you using a certain bind then HLGUARD is/was/will be the perfect weapon.

Personaly... I use my wheel to scroll through previous and next weapons.

BuyScripts..... Why is it everytime a argument about scripting comes up people have to throw "what about buy scripts" The game comes with a re-buy option as well. There are also two well known buyscript programs.

Once again this Post was about Hlg stopping unwanted binds.
Old 02-10-2005 , 02:27  
Reply With Quote #12

I'll assume that you can follow a train of thought without the use of large underlined red words, so forgive me if I am mistaken.

Oftentimes in a forum thread, subtopics relating to the original post, but not entirely pertaining to the original post are discussed. The issue of whether or not using the mousewheel is an unfair advantage is an example of such an occurrence. The opinion I gathered from your post is that using the mousewheel to fire was something HLG should ban people for. My opinion is that this is unfair, and I referred to buyscripts as another example of a similar situation in which built-in options give the user an advantage. I believe HLGuard should be used to prevent exploits exposed through the use of HL scripts, not to ban people for using built in functionality. Sure, you can create an anti-recoil script through the console, using numerous binds and aliases, but you cant go into the keyboard options to set that up. Not only that, but such a script circumvents a major gameplay element (recoil). That is an example of what HLGuard should prevent, not mousewheel firing.
tkaway69
Old 02-10-2005 , 06:35  
Reply With Quote #13

Oh... Those big red words, I only wanted to make sure I had your undevided attention. {Thump,Thump,Thump) Hello! Mcfly!!
As with anything that has ever been created. There will always be flaws. Maybe If one were to think about it, the mousewheel+ attack thing is not so bad. Then again it only opens the door for assholes (No names mentioned) to use its exploits. So I think to myself... Hey its not hurting anything not to allow that bind at all. The game still has its same functionality, Nothing has to be questioned, All is good. HLGuard Rocks.

Now if Admin had a way to see who exactly was using this bind. They might be.... aww piss on it. That would be just one more thing for the admins to have to monitor.
Old 02-10-2005 , 17:37  
Reply With Quote #14

Beetle,
With Mani's Mod, you can ma_rates and see what rate everyone is running. Is/would there be a way to list/view what files are in a clients cfg folder. I know most hacks do not use cfg's although there are some so called l33t players strecthing binds to the limit of hacking.
Its not like we would be viewing the contents of thier comp. Just whats in the cfg folder of steam.
Any input? I most likely already Know the input that will come. I jus wanna read it one more time.
Old 02-11-2005 , 07:08  
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
I can't say I can see an admin tool coming along that is designed to deal with players' binds. This is simply because public servers all run different rules, most people usually just concern themselves with the rates people are running.
Ever Heard of HLGuard. www.unitedadmins.com
Old 02-11-2005 , 07:27  
Reply With Quote #16

Yes but HLGuard is hated across the world for it's severe usage of cpu time. And it wasn't purely designed for detecting scripts, it was designed for detecting hacks, it simply detects the mouse wheel bind as an accelerated fire hack.

And thank you for ignoring the message of my post and continuing with something petty and specific to only those server admins who wish to ban such binds.

Edit: One further point, a lot of these binds are set in the actualy menus of the game, now if they were such a big issue then i don't think Valve would be letting them be fiddled with. So like I said, VAC2 for the anti-cheat and kick those with scripts you don't like, simple.

Perhaps I'd have more of an issue with script kiddies if they were using things against the rules of a league I happened to be playing in. Other than that, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
tkaway69
Old 02-11-2005 , 07:53  
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Yes but HLGuard is hated across the world for it's severe usage of cpu time. And it wasn't purely designed for detecting scripts, it was designed for detecting hacks, it simply detects the mouse wheel bind as an accelerated fire hack.
"Petty"
You wanna thread that talks about Vac? Go to the steam forums.

Dude you should read. HlGuard is only hated By Hackers and script kiddies.

Old 02-11-2005 , 08:04  
Reply With Quote #18

Try running a 32 player server with hlguard, it's a no go.

Anyway, why you reposting comments about something you have already commented on
vancelorgin
Old 02-11-2005 , 12:09  
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove
Try running a 32 player server with hlguard, it's a no go.

Anyway, why you reposting comments about something you have already commented on
That's probably because HLG is retarded. Rename an alias, and it's undetected, however they still feel the need to check for every alias name ever. A horrible concept.
Old 02-11-2005 , 17:32  
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
That's probably because HLG is retarded. Rename an alias, and it's undetected, however they still feel the need to check for every alias name ever. A horrible concept.
You are somewhat correct. However once they/Valve allow us to see whats in a clients .cfg folder. All the scriptkiddies around the world will be Over and done with.

I'm Sorry. It was the whole Mousewheel thing that got me going. Sorry for sticking around in this thread. I fold.