Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

SAP? What happened?

Vinas
Old 01-26-2005 , 11:09  

Adverts that you can remove by editing an ini shouldn't be considered advertisements to most admins. As far as the word filter, having a good gaming culture is key to your servers success. Word filters help keep trash talking down and the stupid nosense to a minimal. I fail to see why this is idiotic when having options like this keep my server full with a very friendly community.
Send a message via AIM to Vinas
Manip
Old 01-26-2005 , 11:18  

The adverts in that plugin are a good idea (some admins DO want that) but IMHO they should be off by default.

The word filter stuff is also a good idea again should be switched off by default.

I think it is slightly silly to block 'bad words’... but I do support racism blocking. Teach those 13y/o’s it's not right to stereotype and insult another race. Again, all filters should be off by default again IMO.
Send a message via AIM to Manip
Promagnum
Old 01-26-2005 , 21:25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manip
Look guys, I have an exam at 2pm today (three hours from now UK time), another tomorrow at 2pm and one at 9am on Friday....

I also have an exam on Tuesday next week... Then, after that, I have the rest of next week off, which I have pencilled in for SourceMod + SAP work ONLY.

I think it is slightly silly to block 'bad words’... but I do support racism blocking. Teach those 13y/o’s it's not right to stereotype and insult another race. Again, all filters should be off by default again IMO.
Good luck with your schooling.
And that is good to hear (regarding the following weeks plans) ^^

I, like others have been anticipating your upgraded plug-in/script and I think you should take your time. Makes more sense to perfect something then spend the majority of your time correcting bugs due to rushing its completion.

I agree with you on the racism, though I'm no one to tell people what they can and cannot say (on my server my priority is cheaters, not competitive language) however, If you implement such a feature, I feel it would be more logical to filter actual player names rather then chat itself.
Reason being is that this filters out more then just racism but more or less harassment, ASCII, foreign text (this can be an issue with certain admin_ cmds), etc, etc.
Or I suppose possibly both as long as their not mandatory.

Also, if you have time, I'd like to hear what you've had time to work on with SAP and what your future intentions are feature wise respectively.

"The mind is like a parachute, it only functions properly when open."
Send a message via ICQ to Promagnum Send a message via AIM to Promagnum
imported_Ard Choille
Old 01-27-2005 , 00:16  

Take your time Manip

But could you release the code for 0.7n4
kylratix
Old 01-27-2005 , 12:03  

Give us @bury or give us death!
Send a message via AIM to kylratix Send a message via MSN to kylratix
Reaver
Old 01-28-2005 , 06:21  

Hmm we run our own servers and I am using SAP (on the source server- adminmod ont he non source servers) and look forward to further updated releases as soon as possible.

Especially a word filter and yes even advertising...

Since our servers are privately funded totally we run them as we like to play...with langauge filters (not currently on CS:S) as it not only deters the more abusive immature little twonks who care for nothing but bragging about how good they are (or just being abusive in general) but it actually make for a more enjoyable environment.
We have a lot of female players on the servers and respect for others seems to be forgotten on the internet which is sad... I couldn't imagine have the language and abuse that goes on in most gaming servers at a LAN as this little ones would end up seriously hurt (At least at our quarterly events anyway)...

The adds I will use to encourage players to visit our gaming community and hopefully one day feel interested enough to help keep it all going...

I have looked at both these admin tools and I am very thankful to those who have spent so much time putting them together so I can run better servers...
I bet it cuts right into their social and online playing time to do all it takes to get this out to all of us that use them...

Then after that they get 95% of us whinging about what isn't yet included!!!

hopefully they keep progressing and continue to provide the service they have been ..

Cheers all
Megadeth
Old 02-07-2005 , 20:28  

Quote:
Look guys, I have an exam at 2pm today (three hours from now UK time), another tomorrow at 2pm and one at 9am on Friday....

I also have an exam on Tuesday next week... Then, after that, I have the rest of next week off, which I have pencilled in for SourceMod + SAP work ONLY.
Is there going to be another version of SAP? Not to rush you or nothing but it is over a month since your last release was supposed to be out. You don't by chance work for valve do you cause this seems so familiar. If your working on it fine....give us an update on it...if not tell us that to so I don't come here 3 times a day hoping for an update. I know you don't get paid for this but damn.....don't leave us hangin like this. Sorry if it sounds like i am bitching cause i'm not......I would just like to know either way or if I'm wastin my time waiting for something that is never coming.
Send a message via ICQ to Megadeth
imported_Ard Choille
Old 02-08-2005 , 01:42  

SAP is dead
DopeFish
Old 02-08-2005 , 02:21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadeth
Quote:

Not to rush you or nothing but it is over a month since your last release was supposed to be out.
chill out guys. btw. you must be caught in a time bubble since the last time I checked feb.8 - feb.1 would be a week and not a month ;) and he didn't even say he'd release a version after his exams, he only said he would be working on the plugin again in that timeframe, which means the next version is still planned for a unnamed date in the future ;)
Send a message via ICQ to DopeFish
Megadeth
Old 02-08-2005 , 14:42  

Quote:
Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:04 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok .. I send a version out to some people earlier and all but one had big problems. From a server as the level changes to things just not in place that are required for just the most basic of tasks.

I am still trying to get something out by midnight as I said that's what I was going to do but it might have an issue or two still.

I expected some issues (that's exactly why I gave it to people) but not everything to go shits up..

I do believe he was shooting for a release date of this new thread but it was an unstable version and yes...it has been over a month.
Send a message via ICQ to Megadeth