How did you g et bots in CS:S?
question is not about how its can be done
you can find any info in internet, plese dont flood with that
better to be that error fixes
i can help with bot adding to author of plugin if that help
but i think hi alerady can do that
Okay, very sorry then.

On topic:

Beetle: Did you ever read the few posts about the logging getting splitted up when using your mod? And is it something that is fixable? I didn't see a response anywhere. It screw up stats scritps when info about the map and settings are seperated from the player stats :/
BeetleFart
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-10-2005 , 08:51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike|dk
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike|dk
How did you g et bots in CS:S?
question is not about how its can be done
you can find any info in internet, plese dont flood with that
better to be that error fixes
i can help with bot adding to author of plugin if that help
but i think hi alerady can do that
Okay, very sorry then.

On topic:

Beetle: Did you ever read the few posts about the logging getting splitted up when using your mod? And is it something that is fixable? I didn't see a response anywhere. It screw up stats scritps when info about the map and settings are seperated from the player stats :/

I dont think its my plugin...Log 1 or log on in server.cfg is probably doing it...
but I will try to remove my plugin and see if it still does it

Its because of log on or log 1 in server.cfg
I moved mine to an autoexec.cfg file that I created so its only executed once at server startup..
and it no longer splits logs...
I know when u give a log on command via rcon it closes and starts a new log ..cause I do that occasionally to close out a log when someone on my server wants to know why there were kicked or something..
ladybulf
Old 01-10-2005 , 08:57   personal message on linux

any way to get the personal messages to come in on the chat line like in the win version or is it a linux thing? tried UseEscMenus=0
also admin_votemaps dont seem to read the map*.ini file in /addons
I even deleted the maps from the map folder and left my fav 5 but still get a list of cs default maps to be voted on !!
linux latest version .21

admin_playsound dont seem to work - get sound not cached
Ecsy
Old 01-10-2005 , 10:04  

Quote:
Originally Posted by laf
That is how reserved slots work, one slot is always kept free for a reserved player. If someone connects and fills that last place then they will be kicked unless they are reserved.
Neil
thx

i didn't get it from the doc, i thoght players can fill the server and when an admin comes a player will be kicked as wrote in the docs.

So a question? Can be this mod modified so reserved slot can be filled by non admins?
Or can you make an anternative slot reservation?
no solts are reserverd from non admons, but when an admin tries to come in a players is kicked (1 slot is free)
DeerTurD270
Old 01-10-2005 , 10:11   BETTLE OR SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

Ok im not blaming the .dll, but it seems that I have narrowed it down to it. I reinstalled the whole game server. Stopped the server and added the Bettle Plugin. Everything looked great for about 20 min. Server started to fill and got about 12 people on it.

SERVER CRASHED AND REBOOTED INTO DUST. This has happen since version 15. I am at a loss to say its anything but the plugin. Seems very unstable. When it works it works great, I just cant keep my server constatly up without crashing and starting back at Dust.

If anyone has any other ideas, I dont want it to be the plugin.

Sorry Let me EDIT: This is a windows server rented through recongamer. I have opened a ticket with them and basically they told me its not their problem, OF COURSE. They said its the software I am running. I am running the current Bettle version 21.

Deer
Send a message via AIM to DeerTurD270
laf
Old 01-10-2005 , 10:12  

Not 100% sure on what it is your after but you can set the users steam id's to level 4 which will give them a reserved slot but no other access.

You can then set how many reserved slots are available in defaults.cfg

Neil
BeetleFart
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-10-2005 , 10:16   Re: BETTLE OR SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeerTurD270
Ok im not blaming the .dll, but it seems that I have narrowed it down to it. I reinstalled the whole game server. Stopped the server and added the Bettle Plugin. Everything looked great for about 20 min. Server started to fill and got about 12 people on it.

SERVER CRASHED AND REBOOTED INTO DUST. This has happen since version 15. I am at a loss to say its anything but the plugin. Seems very unstable. When it works it works great, I just cant keep my server constatly up without crashing and starting back at Dust.

If anyone has any other ideas, I dont want it to be the plugin.

Sorry Let me EDIT: This is a windows server rented through recongamer. I have opened a ticket with them and basically they told me its not their problem, OF COURSE. They said its the software I am running. I am running the current Bettle version 21.

Deer

I am running version 21 (well 22 now) on my recongamer server with out any crashes at all.
Try putting the default files in there like the sounds.txt and advertisements.txt files....Someone else said they had a problem when they deleted the sounds.txt file (though I wasnt able to recreate any problem with it).

Give me your defaults.cfg file and sounds.txt file and advertisements.txt files via pm and I will take a look to see if anything in there could be causing it...
I have not seen any crashs on my server since the 12 or 13 version ...which did have a crash bug.
vasp
Old 01-10-2005 , 10:18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeetleFart
Bots has always messed up any plugin stats...
Don't say.
HLStats counting they just perfect
and there i set hideranking for all bots name, so its looks
fine/ but here another prob/
I didnt see any records in stats dat file, just two names, always owerwriten again with latest players. also for normal user there is "STEAM_ID_LAN" string but for bot there are "BOT M_ID_LAN", may be its help find problem.
let t count bots like any normal user
Send a message via ICQ to vasp
DeerTurD270
Old 01-10-2005 , 10:20  

Thanks Bettle for the quick reply, Im going to start form scratch with the new admindll. I have been copying over my MOTD and Default.cfg and match cfg and banned user, etc. I am going to start from scratch scratch and see what happens. I will let you know.

Thanks,

Deer
Send a message via AIM to DeerTurD270
!!Japp!!
Old 01-10-2005 , 10:23   rank

Any way to get the personal messages to come in on the chat line like in the win version or is it a linux thing? tried UseEscMenus=0