Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Admin Dll w/ Weapons Restrictions and Voting and Ranks/hpk

kenny_killa
Old 01-04-2005 , 18:15   sorry for my post on Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:11 pm

oops. duplicate. hit refresh
[SoC]Whitey
Old 01-04-2005 , 18:41  

hey when i use the admin command admin_tsay it comes up saying im missing a file. and the upper corner where it says what u type has a box of black and purple checker box there. is there a fix to this.
Send a message via AIM to [SoC]Whitey
BeetleFart
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-04-2005 , 19:06  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzcrak
We've been using 20 for some time. It crashed on every map change (initial load was fine). I had removed all text from the sounds file. As soon as I restored the sounds file to its default installation state, 20 has been rock solid on a very active server (Win2000).

Many thanks for the work you put into this community service.

The gravest concern I have about this plugin presently is players being removed without reason when they are victim to the reserved slots system (and Unicode characters as well?). I understand why disconnect is used instead of kick, but it really is confusing the heck out of players.

If you manage to offer departing players a message, it would be nice if that message were configurable.

Best of luck moving forward.
Ill see what I can do.
BeetleFart
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-04-2005 , 19:13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalbob
I remember somewhere way back around page 40 or so there was a discussion about whether you could add a slap feature, and that there was no way to trap it or something. Well, I don't know if this helps at all, but I was playing de_rats in Source and as I walked accross the stove it fired off something just like a slap. It did a small amount of damage, my player gives a short "ouch" sound, and I get nudged a little. Don't know if you can somehow figure out how to trap that with a @slap command.... Just my thoughts.

Also, I posted quite a while back but didn't hear anything about getting the @say and @chat commands to work from in the game and not display to all the players what I typed. As it is now, I have to go to console for @say commands or they just get displayed twice: once when I type it in game and once again when the plugin gets the @say command and prints it.
The chat command will only work from the console now..so as not to give the impression that the say text wont be broadcast.
If done in console it will be broadcast only to admins.
The say command will display via the say and via the console...but if done via the say it will broadcast ur normal say and the say command..ur normal say only to alive/dead according to game logic and the command broadcast to everyone.
I have not gone back to stopping chat messages and broadcasting them my self as to the difficulty in getting the logic completely correct...
I felt it was better to let the normal game logic broadcast the say messages it self instead of me doing it, the logic for say messages is also different than it used to be....i.e. dead players now see live players chat messages where as before they only saw dead...So i really dont want to go down that road, cause as soon as I do...either sourcemod will be available or Valve will change the ingame logic again.
If you really dont want it broadcast it twice..then I would just use the console.
laf
Old 01-04-2005 , 19:42  

Beetle, one small query.

I run a 24x7 office server which has no timelimit, if I add a new admin into admins.txt I have to do a map change for it to take affect, doing @restart just resets all the scores.

Can this be changed at all?

Neil
Wyzcrak
Old 01-04-2005 , 20:03  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeetleFart
Quote:
If you manage to offer departing players a message, it would be nice if that message were configurable.
Ill see what I can do.
Many thanks.

Another detail came to mind just now regarding reserved slots.

Presently, it is my understanding that the player to be removed is chosen at random from those without reservation. I humbly request that the player without reservation who has been on the server the least amount of time be removed instead. This allows regulars who cannot manage reserved slots to take comfort in their ability to stay on the server if they arrive early.

Many thanks regardless. Be well.
nba1341
BANNED
Old 01-04-2005 , 20:16  

my server has crashed twice on januray 3rd with .20. Those are the only crashes on the log but whats up with that? Are you workiing on a new update by a chance?
Send a message via AIM to nba1341 Send a message via MSN to nba1341
manorastroman
Old 01-04-2005 , 20:25  

eek, is this compatible with hl2dm?, sorry if this has been answered...
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-04-2005 , 20:37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by laf
Beetle, one small query.

I run a 24x7 office server which has no timelimit, if I add a new admin into admins.txt I have to do a map change for it to take affect, doing @restart just resets all the scores.

Can this be changed at all?

Neil
no, a map change is required to reread all files.
BeetleFart
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-04-2005 , 20:39  

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeetleFart
Quote:
Ill see what I can do.
Many thanks.

Another detail came to mind just now regarding reserved slots.

Presently, it is my understanding that the player to be removed is chosen at random from those without reservation. I humbly request that the player without reservation who has been on the server the least amount of time be removed instead. This allows regulars who cannot manage reserved slots to take comfort in their ability to stay on the server if they arrive early.

Many thanks regardless. Be well.
well its not random...it uses the currently connected players from higher to lower index...in theory the highest should be the last connected, but not always...
the next update will first look for specatators then use the previous logic if no spectators.