Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Great, start a new era of moronic admins

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

psymon
Old 10-10-2004 , 16:16   Great, start a new era of moronic admins

Fuckin admin mod and amx have already ruined the CS experience by providing children who's balls havent dropped admin capabilities even if they arent fully trusted, thanks for ruining Source before it's released...fuckers.
[FuzionMonkey]
Old 10-10-2004 , 16:25   Re: Great, start a new era of moronic admins

Quote:
Originally Posted by psymon
Fuckin admin mod and amx have already ruined the CS experience by providing children who's balls havent dropped admin capabilities even if they arent fully trusted, thanks for ruining Source before it's released...fuckers.
uncalled for.
Dygear
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-10-2004 , 16:51  

LMAO, sorry, I just can't help but laugh at his ignorance.

This is him ...
{WE MUST ADD THIS Emoticon TO THE LIST!!!111OneOneOneoneoneone}
Old 10-10-2004 , 19:28  

Apparently psymon believes that:
a]People should not have control over their own servers and
b]The only servers available are run by 13 year olds
psymon
Old 10-10-2004 , 20:43  

I believe in rcon.

If you cant trust someone with that, they dont deserve admin. AMX and admin mod werent out for years after hl, yet people maintained control(dont need shitty plugins liek this to administrate), source doesnt have it right now, yet, there is order. And there's no useless slapping for HSing some crackpot, etc etc. And those unworthy given the powers may not be 13, but sure as hell act just as young/younger.

maintainging my server with rcon nd the few people worthy of using it yeild no complaints from players or ocky admins who like to abuse their power by slapping or slaying for talking shit, mine know well what is expected, and carry with them no such bs that has plagued cs such as adminmod and amx.
BAILOPAN
Old 10-10-2004 , 20:59  

*imagines psymon standing at a presidential debate podium*
I BELIEVE IN... RCON! crowd goes wild

Whether people are abusive or not is not an issue I care about. I care that people have the ability to modify their servers with ease. It's more than administration, it's about modding.

Also, are you aware of how insecure rcon is? It can be picked up from a packet sniffer with little to no skill. There is zero access control or per-person/group limiting. It's equivalent to having "root" - you don't just give root out to people, you set up access control lists.

Administration modularity makes sense for security, control, and efficiency. Slapping is a side effect that people can choose to use.

It sounds like you had a bad day on a few servers ;] which is understandable, but it's no reason to discount the positives.
Radianation
Old 10-10-2004 , 21:27  

psymon: uninstall
Old 10-10-2004 , 22:30   wtf ever

un called for. take your recon and have at it. most of us like the ease of use and the great plugins to go with it.

Also if i choose to abuse i will. it's my hardware, my server. Nough said.
FullThrottle
Old 10-10-2004 , 23:26  

Quote:
I believe the reason psymon doesn't like admin utilities is because when he is hacking or acting like a child that admins can easily ban him. If there were not so many people that felt the only way they could get attention is by using hacks and calling someone a noob or swearing just because they can then there wouldn't be a need for it. BUT as you so obviously showed us we need a easy way to protect our servers from people like you that make the game unplayable.

PS: source has released.
devicenull
Veteran Member
Old 10-11-2004 , 12:01  

Don't like it? Run your own server without it. But until you start paying for your own server, you can't complain about other peoples.