Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

What makes a good *POPULAR* Superhero server?

Post New Thread Reply   

dYnaMix
Old 04-04-2006 , 22:50   What makes a good *POPULAR* Superhero server?
Reply With Quote #1

Hey guys, i have a superhero server and it has great ping, great heros, balanced heros, and good leveling.

You start off at level 6, with noob with 50 bullets in it, and in a couple of kills, lets say 2-4, your level 8. Then you level fast to 12, then it steadly grows.

My server is great ping, if not best of all superhero mod, and everything is good about it. All the newest stuff, always admin on for no rules broken, all the cool maps, and buyable Levels/admin, and the thing is that time by time it goes up to max amount of people, but most of the time its 6-10/20.

What can i do to make my server really popular? I see some superhero servers that are horrible! 34 heros, and impossible leveling, and i dont get how people like it.

Can you guys help me out a bit, im not saying my server sucks or anything, just asking how i can make it better. If you need info about the hero and hero cvars you can ask me, and superhero.ini also.
Send a message via AIM to dYnaMix
sytremelaker
Old 04-04-2006 , 23:31  
Reply With Quote #2

Most of the time, heroes that have never been seen before or are rarely seen attract people yo your server. just an opinion, 50 shots with the Noob hero is way overpowered. I do hope you have the max level cvar version of Noob. Try to find the best combination of heroes and what levels you can get them at (make it so it isn't impossible for a newbie to kill a higgher level). My last suggestion is try to stick in between of Fast XP and Slow XP.
Send a message via AIM to sytremelaker
dYnaMix
Old 04-05-2006 , 09:09  
Reply With Quote #3

lol yeh i do have a limit on noob
Send a message via AIM to dYnaMix
Michael J. Caboose
Old 04-09-2006 , 21:45  
Reply With Quote #4

Maps, maps, and more maps. Coming from me, maps are one of the most important keys in a shero server. It balences everything so there arent giant explosions everywhere in...iceworld.
And yeah, as he said ^
New heros make a big difference too.
Send a message via AIM to Michael J. Caboose
rufiokicks15
Old 04-10-2006 , 00:19  
Reply With Quote #5

if you keep cheap powwers away it seems like a lot of people play more. we almost always have a good amount of players in our server.
Old 04-12-2006 , 18:43  
Reply With Quote #6

The first name of your Superheroes server should always start with: "Superhero Mod" or the like.
Why? Because when people look through the list of servers to find a Superhero Server, they always will go to S first, not _!@<team dshfjhdsf>@!_
Trust me, coming from a two year old veteran of Superhero Servers, this works every time.