Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v9.1, 3-20-2024)

Post New Thread Reply   

Uncle Jessie
Old 09-29-2023 , 10:34   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.98, 8-10-2023)
Reply With Quote #1661

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyk0tik View Post
Mi.Cura's method should work. @Mi.Cura Thank you for helping others in my absence.

In the main config:
Code:
"Display Health"			"0"
"Display Health Type"			"0"
In the finale map configs:
Code:
"Display Health"			"11"
"Display Health Type"			"1"
If it really doesn't work for you then try using finale stages configs instead of map configs.

In the main config:
Code:
"Display Health"			"0"
"Display Health Type"			"0"
"Enable Custom Configs"			"1"
"Create Config Types"			"128"
"Execute Config Types"			"128"
In the finale_start config:
Code:
"Display Health"			"11"
"Display Health Type"			"1"
Side note: I will still look into the logic for the custom configs in case it is a plugin issue.

Great to see you again btw

(I did not see that part before.)

I'll take a look at the Boss code to see if there's anything I missed. With such a huge plugin, I wouldn't doubt that there's something wrong with one or more features.

I'll add a setting in the next update to toggle each of the Boss effects. The effects will be OFF by default.
I did so and this works, thank you both

Quote:
I haven't been able to replicate this issue on my end. I don't know of a way to check if the pointer is trying to access "reserved memory."
Im use mutants tanks on finale maps only and 2 kinda tanks types died same time on finale and i got this error(c1m4 map)

and crash happened on the custom map zc_m1(zengcheng) from ordinary tank spawn z_spawn tank command for some reason if finales only(idk maybe this doesn't happen in a regular game? we were testing some different things not related to tanks)

Last edited by Uncle Jessie; 09-29-2023 at 10:35.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 09-29-2023 , 17:24   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.98, 8-10-2023)
Reply With Quote #1662

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakitto View Post
Hello, just wondering if it'd be possible to change the warp particle effect from the electric one and possibly have it matching with the blur effect prop I have on the tank? Cheers.
It's possible but it's too much work just to change the effect. It's not something I want to implement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank Rush View Post
Hello crasher, I am using mutant tanks with the map configuration:
PHP Code:
With this I can generate a different tank on each map, I placed Shields Tanks and other types of tanks on the c2m2_fairgrounds map, on the c2m3_coaster map I only added Smashers Tanks, but there is a problem, some Smashers Tanks appear with shields when they shouldn't, because In c2m3_coaster the Shields Tanks are disabled. For now it only happens with the shield skill, I didn't find another bug with other skills.

This sounds like the same issue as the one here, so this should be fixed in the next update. Thanks for reporting.

Quote:
I also wanted to suggest some of these super tanks that I found in the workshop:
Super Tanks[Script]
I know that some abilities of these tanks are already included in Mutant Tanks, if you check you will see some abilities that are not in the plugin and that it would be good to add them.

I leave the description of this supertanks:
Code:
I'll see if I can add anything new from these. From what I can see, most of these are already a part of Mutant Tanks, and are only slightly different.

1. Shield - This is just my "Shield" ability except you only need to shoot to break it and it will regenerate after 10 seconds. Mine can filter certain damage types and can randomly regenerate based on chance, not timer.
2. Swift - This is just my "Fast" ability and you can already set each Tank's speed with the "Run Speed" setting.
3. Illusion - This is similar to my "God" and "Ultimate" abilities. The execution is different, but it's not something unique enough to add.
4. Black Hole - This sounds similar to my "Gravity" ability, except for the black hole above the Tank's head. I don't see it as worth adding.
5. Boomer - This is the same as my "Puke" ability. I cannot find a difference.
6. Lightning - This is the same as my "Lightning" ability, but I will look at the code so maybe I can improve mine.
7. Death - This sounds similar to my "Smash" ability except that the ability is weaker on lower difficulties. Maybe I can add a setting to let users decide.
8. Fire - This is the same as my "Fire" ability. I cannot find a difference.
9. Spawner - This is almost the same as my "Zombie" ability. The only difference is that "Spawner" can command zombies to attack survivors. I will look at the code to see if I can copy it.
10. Injury - This is similar to my "Heal" ability which allows the Tank to set survivors to temporary health and make them black and white. The only thing I might add is the toxic fog.
11. Explosive - This is the same as my "Bomb" ability. I cannot find a difference.
12. Earthquake - This sounds similar to my "Shake" ability, but I will check the code for any differences.
13. Bloodlust - This sounds similar to a combination of my "Vampire", "Regen", and "Ultimate" abilities, but I will check the code for any differences.
14. Wizard - This sounds interesting. I will look at the code and find something new.
15. Meteor - This is the same as my "Meteor" ability. I cannot find a difference.
16. Reflector - This is the same as my "Hypno" ability. I could probably add the shield effect to let players know that the damage is being reflected.
17. Immortal - This sounds like my "God" ability. The execution is different, but it's not something I want to add to mine.
18. Acid - This is the same as my "Acid" ability. I cannot find a difference.
19. Freezing - This is the same as my "Ice" ability. I cannot find a difference.
20. Necromancer - This sounds similar to my "Necro" and "Witch" abilities. The only differences are that zombies don't have to be killed to turn into Witches, nearby special infected don't get health boosts, and killed survivors don't turn into special infected.
21. Mech - This sounds interesting. I will look at the code and find something new.
22. Trickster - This sounds similar to a combination of my "Enforce", "Ammo", "Fast", and "Heal" abilities. The execution is different, but it's not something unique enough to add.
23. Admin - I don't know what exclusive commands the description is referring to.
24. Phantom - This sounds similar to a combination of my "Ghost" and "Hurt" abilities. The execution is different, but it's not something unique enough to add.
25. Enrage - This sounds similar to a combination of my "Fragile" and "Ultimate" abilities. The execution is different, but it's not something unique enough to add.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Jessie View Post
Im use mutants tanks on finale maps only and 2 kinda tanks types died same time on finale and i got this error(c1m4 map)

and crash happened on the custom map zc_m1(zengcheng) from ordinary tank spawn z_spawn tank command for some reason if finales only(idk maybe this doesn't happen in a regular game? we were testing some different things not related to tanks)
Alright, I'll look more into the issue and see what I can do. Regarding the crash, that's not something I can control because some campaigns are unoptimized. I have played maps before that crashed even without Mutant Tanks when I spawned special infected.
Old 09-29-2023 , 20:48   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.98, 8-10-2023)
Reply With Quote #1663

Thanks Crasher, I forgot to mention if you can also add the collision option just like in Tank Rush 2 v1.3.4, maybe in Enhancements or General for each tank. In Tank Rush 2 v.1.3.4, tr_collision "0" makes the tanks not solid and you can pass through them, I use it for the invisible tank Ghost Tank.

--->My name is Source and I'm on Steam<---
Discord: Source#9382
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 09-29-2023 , 23:55   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.98, 8-10-2023)
Reply With Quote #1664

Quote:
Thanks Crasher, I forgot to mention if you can also add the collision option just like in Tank Rush 2 v1.3.4, maybe in Enhancements or General for each tank. In Tank Rush 2 v.1.3.4, tr_collision "0" makes the tanks not solid and you can pass through them, I use it for the invisible tank Ghost Tank.
It will be available in the next update through a setting called "Intangible Body".
Old 10-01-2023 , 13:27   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.98, 8-10-2023)
Reply With Quote #1665

Hello, how can I modify the radius of the impact of the explosive rock of the "Tank Bomber?" The radius of the impact seems too exaggerated to me.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 10-01-2023 , 14:02   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.98, 8-10-2023)
Reply With Quote #1666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco20 View Post
Hello, how can I modify the radius of the impact of the explosive rock of the "Tank Bomber?" The radius of the impact seems too exaggerated to me.
The ability just spawns a propane tank and blows it up. If there is a cvar for that, then you can change it.
Old 10-03-2023 , 13:49   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.98, 8-10-2023)
Reply With Quote #1667

Am getting this on Linux server
L 10/03/2023 - 17:45:55: SourceMod error session started
L 10/03/2023 - 17:45:55: Info (map "c1m1_hotel") (file "/home/container/left4dead2/addons/sourcemod/logs/errors_20231003.log")
L 10/03/2023 - 17:45:55: [mutant_tanks/mutant_tanks.smx] [MT] Failed to locate patch: MTPatch_LadderDismount1 (CTerrorPlayer::OnLadderDismount::WeaponDeplo y) [Expected: 8B 2A 89 2A 2A FF | Bypassed: 00 00 00 00 00 00 | Found: 90 2A 90 2A 2A 90]
L 10/03/2023 - 17:45:55: [mutant_tanks/mutant_tanks.smx] [MT] Failed to locate patch: MTPatch_LadderMount1 (CTerrorPlayer::OnLadderMount::WeaponHolster) [Expected: 75 | Bypassed: 00 | Found: 90]
L 10/03/2023 - 17:45:55: [mutant_tanks/mutant_tanks.smx] [MT] Failed to locate patch: MTPatch_TankAttackDifficulty (TankAttack::TryToThrowRock::GetDifficulty) [Expected: 0F 85 | Bypassed: 00 00 | Found: 85 73]
L 10/03/2023 - 17:45:55: [mutant_tanks/mutant_tanks.smx] [MT] Failed to locate patch: MTPatch_TankAttackDifficulty2 (TankAttack::TryToThrowRock::GetDifficulty2) [Expected: 0F 85 | Bypassed: 00 00 | Found: 85 07]
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 10-03-2023 , 21:51   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.98, 8-10-2023)
Reply With Quote #1668

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krufftys Killers View Post
Am getting this on Linux server
L 10/03/2023 - 17:45:55: SourceMod error session started
L 10/03/2023 - 17:45:55: Info (map "c1m1_hotel") (file "/home/container/left4dead2/addons/sourcemod/logs/errors_20231003.log")
L 10/03/2023 - 17:45:55: [mutant_tanks/mutant_tanks.smx] [MT] Failed to locate patch: MTPatch_LadderDismount1 (CTerrorPlayer::OnLadderDismount::WeaponDeplo y) [Expected: 8B 2A 89 2A 2A FF | Bypassed: 00 00 00 00 00 00 | Found: 90 2A 90 2A 2A 90]
L 10/03/2023 - 17:45:55: [mutant_tanks/mutant_tanks.smx] [MT] Failed to locate patch: MTPatch_LadderMount1 (CTerrorPlayer::OnLadderMount::WeaponHolster) [Expected: 75 | Bypassed: 00 | Found: 90]
L 10/03/2023 - 17:45:55: [mutant_tanks/mutant_tanks.smx] [MT] Failed to locate patch: MTPatch_TankAttackDifficulty (TankAttack::TryToThrowRock::GetDifficulty) [Expected: 0F 85 | Bypassed: 00 00 | Found: 85 73]
L 10/03/2023 - 17:45:55: [mutant_tanks/mutant_tanks.smx] [MT] Failed to locate patch: MTPatch_TankAttackDifficulty2 (TankAttack::TryToThrowRock::GetDifficulty2) [Expected: 0F 85 | Bypassed: 00 00 | Found: 85 07]
The first 2 errors indicate that those 2 patches were already done. You might have another plugin that's doing the same thing.

The last 2 errors are due to incorrect offsets, so here's the gamedata file with the correct offsets.
Attached Files
File Type: txt mutant_tanks.txt (240.6 KB, 75 views)
Old 10-04-2023 , 22:44   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.98, 8-10-2023)
Reply With Quote #1669

Quote:
The ability just spawns a propane tank and blows it up. If there is a cvar for that, then you can change it.
How do I change it? What is cvar? I would like to reduce it to half of what is currently established.
thewintersoldier97
Old 10-09-2023 , 15:13   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.98, 8-10-2023)
Reply With Quote #1670

Quote:
Honestly I'm not sure what the issue could be. When I tried your config, I was able to get the bosses to spawn, but they didn't have their names in the admin menu because I didn't add them to my translation file.
Hi Psy, sorry for the late reply, but did you test my config on a fresh server with only your plugin(s)?
Could you check it again if possible with my translation file?

Today I gathered some friends for testing/playing and while the plugin was working great in normal maps/chapters, on the finale/rescue event as in my custom config, first wave was a MT as expected, but second wave the boss never spawn, instead it was a normal basic non-MT (Tank#-1?). Maybe I should degrade the plugin and see what happen.

BTW my sv is running
PHP Code:
metamod 1.12.0.1167
sourcemod 1.12.0.7041 
Attached Files
File Type: zip mutant_tanks_names.phrases.zip (4.9 KB, 34 views)

Looking for some fun!