Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Changing Round Win sounds for ZPA 1.6.1

Post New Thread Reply   

Smoothy
Old 07-08-2023 , 16:03   Changing Round Win sounds for ZPA 1.6.1
Reply With Quote #1

hello everyone, I'm trying to change the sounds of the Human, Zombies win rounds, and No Win round. i edited the Zombie_Plague_advanced.cfg, but i'm not sure, should i edit as well the .SMA file?, and i added my sounds in their place. but it's not giving me anything. once a certain team wins, there's just silence, no sound or music. any ideas?

here's an example of what i did, i added the beafq38.mp3. but it's not working.
===============================
[Sounds] (randomly chosen if more than one)
WIN ZOMBIES = ambience/the_horror1.mp3
WIN HUMANS = Zombie_plague/beafq38.mp3 , zombie_plague/win_humans1.wav , zombie_plague/win_humans2.wav
===============================
Gabrielx
Old 07-10-2023 , 12:21   Re: Changing Round Win sounds for ZPA 1.6.1
Reply With Quote #2

Remember that precaching MP3 files should be done using "precache_generic" with the directory "sound". For example, "sound/Zombie_plague/beafq38.mp3".

Last edited by Gabrielx; 07-10-2023 at 12:31.
Smoothy
Old 07-10-2023 , 17:05   Re: Changing Round Win sounds for ZPA 1.6.1
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielx View Post
Remember that precaching MP3 files should be done using "precache_generic" with the directory "sound". For example, "sound/Zombie_plague/beafq38.mp3".
I have tried doing this earlier it didnt work as well. Are you talking about doing this in .sma file or in .cfg file?
lexzor
Veteran Member
Old 07-11-2023 , 10:48   Re: Changing Round Win sounds for ZPA 1.6.1
Reply With Quote #4

if you are playing the sound with emit_sound, they must be precached with precache_sound (works with both .wav and .mp3), but if you are playing them like client_cmd(id, "spk %s", szSound) where szSound is a path to the sound file, it must be .wav
Gabrielx
Old 07-11-2023 , 12:29   Re: Changing Round Win sounds for ZPA 1.6.1
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothy View Post
I have tried doing this earlier it didnt work as well. Are you talking about doing this in .sma file or in .cfg file?
The plugin is probably trying to play MP3 files with the "spk" command. You will have to make some changes to the SMA. You can convert the MP3 sounds to WAV or change the SMA to play MP3.
Smoothy
Old 07-12-2023 , 01:11   Re: Changing Round Win sounds for ZPA 1.6.1
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexzor View Post
if you are playing the sound with emit_sound, they must be precached with precache_sound (works with both .wav and .mp3), but if you are playing them like client_cmd(id, "spk %s", szSound) where szSound is a path to the sound file, it must be .wav
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielx View Post
The plugin is probably trying to play MP3 files with the "spk" command. You will have to make some changes to the SMA. You can convert the MP3 sounds to WAV or change the SMA to play MP3.
It's already precached, i've downloaded some sounds from online website [already edited by someone] and they worked fine, but when i put one of the ones i edited it doesn't work, i even put the same sound that they edited, but it was edited by me, it didn't work. so know at least i know for sure the problem is from the audio file it self, it seems it has it's own requirements or something i wonder.
Smoothy
Old 07-14-2023 , 07:59   Re: Changing Round Win sounds for ZPA 1.6.1
Reply With Quote #7

I have found a solution. For anyone who's having the same problem as me, just watch the YouTube video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHEQhxD0oNw