Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

I'm new in creating servers for CS:GO. I have a few questions

Post New Thread Reply   

sakulmore
Old 09-03-2022 , 18:46   I'm new in creating servers for CS:GO. I have a few questions
Reply With Quote #1

Hello, before asking I must tell you that my native language is Slovak (not English) so I apologizing for my maybe bad English .

I'm newbie in creation of CS:GO servers so I need help with setup them.

Q: On my server are bots as default. How can I disable they?
Q: I have not created server.cfg in /csgo/cfg folder so I created it and write there some cvars I found on the internet.
Q: I had only servers for CS 1.6 so I don't know exactly how works servers on CS:GO. How can I set (and where) that file "server.cfg" will be executed on every map change and server restart (how to make it as default) and is it needed at all?
Q: How to insert maps?
Q: When I put a plugin in the plugins folder (/csgo/addons/sourcemod/plugins) is needed to write it somewhere (like in CS 1.6 to plugins.ini file)?
Q: As you can know, in CS 1.6 server you must specify cvars like "sv_voiceenable", "voice_enable" etc... is this neede even in CS:GO (server.cfg) for proper voice chat work?
Q: When I write some cvars into the server.cfg file some of them are not changed. How can I this fix?

Thanks for your replies in advance.

Last edited by sakulmore; 09-03-2022 at 20:19.
akzet1n
Old 09-03-2022 , 21:57   Re: I'm new in creating servers for CS:GO. I have a few questions
Reply With Quote #2

Bots can be disabled with bot_quota 0, or even with -nobots when starting the server.

server.cfg is the default server configuration, just put it in csgo/cfg with the cvars that you want.

The maps are stored in csgo/maps/, but there are 2 ways to upload/download. Either you setup Workshop so the server and players download the maps directly from Steam's servers, or, you upload the maps manually to your gameserver, and then to a FastDL so the players can download the maps from there.

No need to put plugins in a .ini file like it was in 1.6, just put them in the plugins folders and that's it.

Voice is enabled by default, there are some commands to restrict the voice chat between teams, dead players, etc.

It's possible that you are writing cvars that are protected and you need to set them with sm_cvar, or some of those cvars are being replaced by the same commands in gamemode_competitive, or casual, etc.
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 09-04-2022 , 01:01   Re: I'm new in creating servers for CS:GO. I have a few questions
Reply With Quote #3

Here some wiki pages.
Anyway, simple explanation to CS:GO settings.

- CS:GO game have different game modes, which you have options to change with:
game_type, game_mode, sv_game_mode_flags, sv_skirmish_id

- Different game modes execute own configure files, this is why some cvars would not work from default server.cfg

- You need create override config file, to change Valves default game mode setting.
example, if you run casual game mode (game_type 0; game_mode 0), it execute file:
...cfg/gamemode_casual.cfg
to override cvar setting from that file, you create ...cfg/gamemode_casual_server.cfg
and add your cvars in there.

- Don't edit CS:GO default gamemodes.txt and gamemode_*.cfg files, because those will get overwritten on steamCMD updates.
Old 09-04-2022 , 08:42   Re: I'm new in creating servers for CS:GO. I have a few questions
Reply With Quote #4

Thanks very much for your replies . It was helped me.

Now I have a problem with set up Admins with password. How can I do it? I have setten password in "/csgo/addons/sourcemod/configs/admins_simple.ini" file. In the game I written to the console "setinfo "_password" "<myPwd>" " and when I connect on my server I'm still not Admin.
sakulmore
Old 09-04-2022 , 18:18   Re: I'm new in creating servers for CS:GO. I have a few questions
Reply With Quote #5

And now I found another "mistake" .

I have written a cvar "mp_roundtime "20" ". When I restart the server then it works and the first round is 20 minutes. But on second, third etc... rounds it is reduced to 13. Where can be the problem?
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 09-04-2022 , 19:11   Re: I'm new in creating servers for CS:GO. I have a few questions
Reply With Quote #6

could you type in server console:
Code:
find game_
find mp_roundtime
...then post output messages in here

If you want find cvars, use find command.
Or peek from here
https://github.com/ambaca/Bacardi-Du...2022-04-26.txt
Old 09-05-2022 , 06:29   Re: I'm new in creating servers for CS:GO. I have a few questions
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacardi View Post
could you type in server console:
Code:
find game_
find mp_roundtime
...then post output messages in here

If you want find cvars, use find command.
Or peek from here
https://github.com/ambaca/Bacardi-Du...2022-04-26.txt
find game_:
Code:
find game_
"display_game_events" = "0" cheat                                               
"game_mode" = "0" game client replicated                                         - The current game mode (based on game type). See GameModes.txt.
"game_type" = "0" game client replicated                                         - The current game type. See GameModes.txt.
"server_game_time"  game                                                         - Gives the game time in seconds (server's curtime)
"sv_game_mode_convars"  game                                                     - Display the values of the convars for the current game_mode.
"sv_game_mode_flags" = "0" game                                                  - Dedicated server game mode flags to run
"sv_hibernate_postgame_delay" = "5"                                              - # of seconds to wait after final client leaves before hibernating.
"sv_vote_issue_restart_game_allowed" = "0" game                                  - Can people hold votes to restart the game?
find mp_roundtime:
Code:
find mp_roundtime
"mp_roundtime" = "20" ( def. "5" ) min. 1.000000 max. 60.000000 game notify replicated - How many minutes each round takes.
"mp_roundtime_defuse" = "0" min. 0.000000 max. 60.000000 game notify replicated  - How many minutes each round of Bomb Defuse takes. If 0 then use mp_roundtime ins
"mp_roundtime_deployment" = "5" min. 1.000000 max. 15.000000 game                - How many minutes deployment for coop mission takes.
"mp_roundtime_hostage" = "0" min. 0.000000 max. 60.000000 game notify replicated - How many minutes each round of Hostage Rescue takes. If 0 then use mp_roundtime
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 09-05-2022 , 08:19   Re: I'm new in creating servers for CS:GO. I have a few questions
Reply With Quote #8

what kind of plugins you already installed on server ?
Code:
meta list
sm plugins list
Old 09-05-2022 , 08:38   Re: I'm new in creating servers for CS:GO. I have a few questions
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacardi View Post
what kind of plugins you already installed on server ?
Code:
meta list
sm plugins list
meta list:
Code:
meta list
Listing 4 plugins:
[01] SourceMod (1.12.0.6921) by AlliedModders LLC
[02] CS Tools (1.12.0.6921) by AlliedModders LLC
[03] SDK Tools (1.12.0.6921) by AlliedModders LLC
[04] SDK Hooks (1.12.0.6921) by AlliedModders LLC
sm plugins list:
Code:
sm plugins list
[SM] Listing 22 plugins:
01 "Player Commands" (1.12.0.6921) by AlliedModders LLC
02 "Admin Menu" (1.12.0.6921) by AlliedModders LLC
03 "Basic Ban Commands" (1.12.0.6921) by AlliedModders LLC
04 "Nextmap" (1.12.0.6921) by AlliedModders LLC
05 "Admin File Reader" (1.12.0.6921) by AlliedModders LLC
06 "Sound Commands" (1.12.0.6921) by AlliedModders LLC
07 "Basic Info Triggers" (1.12.0.6921) by AlliedModders LLC
08 "Basic Chat" (1.12.0.6921) by AlliedModders LLC
09 "GrabEnt" (2.2) by Stugger
10 "Reserved Slots" (1.12.0.6921) by AlliedModders LLC
11 "Basic Commands" (1.12.0.6921) by AlliedModders LLC
12 "Map Nominations" (1.12.0.6921) by AlliedModders LLC
13 "Basic Comm Control" (1.12.0.6921) by AlliedModders LLC
14 "MapChooser" (1.12.0.6921) by AlliedModders LLC
15 "Admin Help" (1.12.0.6921) by AlliedModders LLC
16 "Fun Votes" (1.12.0.6921) by AlliedModders LLC
17 "Rock The Vote" (1.12.0.6921) by AlliedModders LLC
18 "Client Preferences" (1.12.0.6921) by AlliedModders LLC
19 "Basic Votes" (1.12.0.6921) by AlliedModders LLC
20 "RandomCycle" (1.12.0.6921) by AlliedModders LLC
21 "Fun Commands" (1.12.0.6921) by AlliedModders LLC
22 "Anti-Flood" (1.12.0.6921) by AlliedModders LLC

Last edited by sakulmore; 09-05-2022 at 08:39.
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 09-05-2022 , 09:11   Re: I'm new in creating servers for CS:GO. I have a few questions
Reply With Quote #10

Does this problem happen on official maps like
de_dust2, de_nuke, cs_office ?

*you could show your

gamemode_casual_server.cfg

Last edited by Bacardi; 09-05-2022 at 09:12.