Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v9.1, 3-20-2024)

Post New Thread Reply   

Lux
Veteran Member
Old 04-16-2022 , 17:19   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.90, 2-1-2022)
Reply With Quote #1321

This only happen with explosive ammo?

There is a strange bug with it at times with lagcomp and how the explosive ammo works, explosive is emitted from their center of zombie when hit, but has strange issue at times when lagcomp fails causing it to not explode from anywhere when it should atlest hit the wall if i'm remembering right.

Take this with salt been few years since i looked.

Commission me for L4D
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 04-16-2022 , 18:22   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.90, 2-1-2022)
Reply With Quote #1322

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shao View Post
Yeah I understand you, I find it ridiculous myself and was quite in denial for a bit until I investigate further.

Is there any plugins that come any suspicious to you in the list as well? It may perhaps be due to server load, the issue is mostly prevalent when targets are coming sideways which is the last thing I was told about. I may have to try and see for myself with MT all alone in the server just to be sure. That's something I haven't tried but I was going off order of plugins added overtime here and it was a consistent complain that ever since I had updated sourcemod that stuff got worst.

Do you think removing modules could help too? My use of tanks is pretty niche anyway.
You have a lot of plugins installed so it's nearly impossible to figure out what's causing issues with hit registration on your server.

I do want to mention that Mutant Tanks is quite a bulky plugin (can be the equivalent of ~100 plugins) so maybe the fact that you have 200+ plugins and MT installed (~300 plugins total) is what's causing the issue.

MT is heavy on the network, so having that and the 200+ plugins is most likely the cause. If you decide to remove MT, you'd only be hiding the issue, not resolving it. You would have to also cut down on the number of plugins your server is running. For context, my test server only has 112 plugins + MT running, so it's not as "bloated" as your server, and that's probably why I can't reproduce the issue on my end.

I would advise testing your server with only MT running, along with the stock SM plugins and whatever plugins you use to manage extra survivors/players. The less bloat your server has, the more accurate the test results should be.
Old 04-16-2022 , 19:40   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.91, 4-16-2022)
Reply With Quote #1323

Version 8.91 is out!

Thank you to the following people who helped me throughout the process of making this large update: Mi.Cura, yuzumi, thewintersoldier97, epz/epzminion

Thank you to the following people whose code/information really helped me understand more about SM, DHooks, and both L4D games in general: Silvers, sorallll, Marttt, epz/epzminion

Thank you to the following people who threw random ideas/suggestions out there: Marttt, xcd222, Shao, yuzumi

Thank you to the following people who reported rare issues that I overlooked: Mi.Cura, Krufftys Killers, ddd123, Shao, yuzumi

Here are the main changes:

1. L4D2: Added compatibility for the 2.2.2.5 game update.
2. Over 10 bug fixes.
3. Full support for Updater.
4. Added support for third-party plugins that allow you to play as the Tank in co-op modes.
5. Windows users: Some gamedata signatures are now dynamically generated to avoid breaking in future game updates. (Stored in sourcemod/gamedata/mutant_tanks_temp.txt and changed each time the server restarts or the core plugin is reloaded.) [Code and idea taken from Left 4 DHooks Direct by Silvers.]
- CTerrorGameRules::IsScavengeMode
- CTerrorGameRules::IsSurvivalMode
- CTerrorGameRules::IsVersusMode
6. Added new settings (Click the "Settings" button below to view information about them.):
- Boss Base Type
- Boss Limit
- Item Mode
- Incap Damage Multiplier
- Combo Cooldown (Unused for now.)
- Human Multiplier Mode
- Health Percentage Multiplier
- Voice Pitch Visual
7. Fixed the teleportation issues of 2 abilities:
- Warp [FIXED in v8.92]
- Zombie
8. Added compiler warnings that notify users when one or more abilities are disabled/excluded.
- These warnings are safe to ignore, but they are there to help you troubleshoot any problems you encounter when compiling the ability plugins.
9. Requires SourceMod 1.11.0.6806 or higher to use and/or recompile the plugins.

*Note: The plugin (.smx) files that are included in the package are compiled on SM 1.11.0.6806.
- If you are using a different version, you must follow the steps for compiling the plugins for your server's version of SourceMod.
- If you do not compile the plugins yourself, you will get the "invalid enum struct field type" error for each of the plugins.
Example:
Code:
Errors:
mutant_tanks\mt_abilities.smx: Unable to load plugin (invalid enum struct field type)
mutant_tanks\mt_abilities2.smx: Unable to load plugin (invalid enum struct field type)
mutant_tanks\mutant_tanks.smx: Unable to load plugin (invalid enum struct field type)
Download | Changelog | Information | Settings

Last edited by Psyk0tik; 06-01-2022 at 13:22.
Krufftys Killers
Old 04-16-2022 , 23:35   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.91, 4-16-2022)
Reply With Quote #1324

Thanks for the update great plugin.
Thefollors
Old 04-17-2022 , 01:24   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.91, 4-16-2022)
Reply With Quote #1325

amazing now it works . however, when a tank appears, it doesn't say what type of tank it is and neither does an ability just show its health.
Do you know how I can configure it so that tanks with abilities appear?
I don't know why my character has fire or a multicolored aura.

Last edited by Thefollors; 04-17-2022 at 01:26.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 04-17-2022 , 04:06   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.91, 4-16-2022)
Reply With Quote #1326

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krufftys Killers View Post
Thanks for the update great plugin.
Yeah, no problem. Glad you enjoy it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefollors View Post
amazing now it works :). however, when a tank appears, it doesn't say what type of tank it is and neither does an ability just show its health.
Do you know how I can configure it so that tanks with abilities appear?
I don't know why my character has fire or a multicolored aura.
1. Open "sourcemod/data/mutant_tanks/mutant_tanks.cfg".
2. Search for "Tank Enabled" setting.
3. Set "Tank Enabled" to "1" for each type of mutant tank you want to appear in your game.
4. Save changes and see if it works.
Old 04-18-2022 , 15:25   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.91, 4-16-2022)
Reply With Quote #1327

Hello, I am trying to compile your mutant tanks here, but I encountered this error.
PHP Code:
error 017undefined symbol "bVisiblePosition" 
I tried to look for a solution but found nothing. I can just easily exclude the ability that's causing this, but as much as possible I want to have all abilities. The ability that is encountering this is laser, fly and track.

Last edited by xcd222; 04-18-2022 at 15:27.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 04-18-2022 , 15:36   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.91, 4-16-2022)
Reply With Quote #1328

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcd222 View Post
Hello, I am trying to compile your mutant tanks here, but I encountered this error.
PHP Code:
error 017undefined symbol "bVisiblePosition" 
I tried to look for a solution but found nothing. I can just easily exclude the ability that's causing this, but as much as possible I want to have all abilities. The ability that is encountering this is laser, fly and track.
You just need to update "mutant_tanks.inc". Check your include folder, open up "mutant_tanks.inc", look for "MT_VERSION" (line 25), and make sure the value is "8.91". The "bVisiblePosition" is from v8.90 and below.

Also make sure you updated all the .sp files inside:
- "scripting/mutant_tanks"
- "scripting/mutant_tanks/abilities"
- "scripting/mutant_tanks/abilities2"

Last edited by Psyk0tik; 04-18-2022 at 15:37.
xcd222
Old 04-18-2022 , 15:58   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.91, 4-16-2022)
Reply With Quote #1329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyk0tik View Post
You just need to update "mutant_tanks.inc". Check your include folder, open up "mutant_tanks.inc", look for "MT_VERSION" (line 25), and make sure the value is "8.91". The "bVisiblePosition" is from v8.90 and below.

Also make sure you updated all the .sp files inside:
- "scripting/mutant_tanks"
- "scripting/mutant_tanks/abilities"
- "scripting/mutant_tanks/abilities2"
Seems like I didn't fully remove the 8.90 version that's why I have trouble compiling it. Thank you very much!
Shao
Old 04-19-2022 , 05:40   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v8.90, 2-1-2022)
Reply With Quote #1330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
This only happen with explosive ammo?

There is a strange bug with it at times with lagcomp and how the explosive ammo works, explosive is emitted from their center of zombie when hit, but has strange issue at times when lagcomp fails causing it to not explode from anywhere when it should atlest hit the wall if i'm remembering right.

Take this with salt been few years since i looked.
Yeah nah, happens with normal bullets as well. I just can't seem to make things any better for it. Even when only using Mutant Tanks with stock Sourcemod, hit reg seems to just be inconsistent for players with +90ms compared not using it and occasionally happens to me regardless as the host. I'm at a loss. Suppose I'll have to back out of it until I can find the issue truly.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...sthappens2.mp4
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...usthappens.mp4

Last edited by Shao; 04-19-2022 at 05:43.