Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D2] Simple Supply - Fix those missing medkits and weapons

Post New Thread Reply   

Munch
Old 05-31-2015 , 14:43   Re: [L4D2] Simple Supply - Fix those missing medkits and weapons
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by winged_box View Post
Is there suppose to be a message display when it spawned extra kits?
Useually says "BWA Found NO Medkits or weapons at Start for n Survivors. Spawning n extra medkits, and guns and melee weapons"

Quote:
Originally Posted by winged_box View Post
It's spawning the extra medic kit now but not melee weapons.
I just cant think at moment whether its supposed to spawn melee weapons however you could always try the "Melee In The Safe Room" plugin

Last edited by Munch; 05-31-2015 at 14:44.
winged_box
Old 09-24-2015 , 08:51   Re: [L4D2] Simple Supply - Fix those missing medkits and weapons
Reply With Quote #32

Not working in my 10VS10 window server again.

Hope for a fix version.
winged_box
Old 09-24-2015 , 09:10   Re: [L4D2] Simple Supply - Fix those missing medkits and weapons
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenDan29 View Post
is there a limit on number of bots? cause it keeps saying 4 survivors spawning 2 medpacks but its a 12 v 12 versus 12 Slot Server

Problem was with LEFT12DEAD Plugin cvars are dfferent to that of Superversus edited .sp file to this see attached
It's working on my 10vs10 window server again after using this. No spawning of extra guns, only kits.
DeathChaos25
Old 09-24-2015 , 09:14   Re: [L4D2] Simple Supply - Fix those missing medkits and weapons
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munch View Post
Does not work if using "Bebop" But does if using "Multislots" which is a shame as Multislots always spams the logs if there are more than 4 players.
I have my own personal 4+ player plugin that works perfectly but that's irrelevant here, what exactly is the error log spam for multislots?

If anyone can provide an error log with the error that gets spammed I could take a look at it to see if it can be easily fixed.
Old 08-18-2020 , 00:09   Re: [L4D2] Simple Supply - Fix those missing medkits and weapons
Reply With Quote #35

This plugin does not work in sourcemod 1.10
thewintersoldier97
Old 01-27-2022 , 06:30   Re: [L4D2] Simple Supply - Fix those missing medkits and weapons
Reply With Quote #36

Anyone has a working version of this plugin? Thanks in advance!

Looking for some fun!
LordVGames
Old 03-31-2022 , 17:46   Re: [L4D2] Simple Supply - Fix those missing medkits and weapons
Reply With Quote #37

I've gone ahead and updated the plugin not only for sourcemod 1.10, but also improved it a bit.
The main improvements are:
  • Detection of extra survivors past the 4th is improved, tested with ABM. This goes for extra medkits and extra weapons.
  • Medkit spawns have their own cvar now, 'l4d2_simplesupply_supplymeds'.
  • Weapon detection is now separate from medkit detection.
  • Weapon supplying now selects random weapons in a category, ex. an MP5 instead of a normal SMG.
  • Grenade launchers or M60s can be supplied on finale maps as a choice for rifles, this also has it's own cvar (l4d2_simplesupply_supplyt3s).
  • And more!

Changelog:
Code:
- Added the cvar "l4d2_simplesupply_supplypistols" to toggle supplying pistols with each weapon or not. Doesn't do anything if weapon supplying is turned off.
- Added the cvar "l4d2_simplesupply_supplymelees" to toggle supplying melee weapons with every other weapon or not. Doesn't do anything if weapon supplying is turned off.
- Added the cvar "l4d2_simplesupply_itemsearch_distance" to define a custom distance from the saferoom door to search for medkits/weapons.
- Added the cvar "l4d2_simplesupply_itemsupply_delay" to define a delay from when the plugin detects weapons/medkits to actually supplying them.
- Improved how weapon supplying works in the code, now odd number amounts of weapons can be supplied if need be. It's a bit complex, but I tried to make it as optimized as I know how to.
- Changed how map progression was detected, now starts supplying higher tier weapons halfway through a campaign. This should hopefully let higher tier weapons spawn on the later parts of campaigns with 3 or less maps.
- Sniper rifles, including the counter-strike sniper rifles, are now included in the different weapons to give. Before the halfway point, the scout and the hunting rifle can be supplied. After the halfway point, the AWP and the military sniper rifle can be supplied.
- The sm_supply command should actually work now.
- Plugin should supply items on survival and scavenge now if it didn't before. Survival always supplies T2 and T3 weapons, while scavenge always supplies T1 weapons.
- Added the grenade launcher to the list of weapon spawns to search for, since it wasn't there before.

- Improved detection of whether a cutscene is running or not on map start for auto-supplying
- Improved detection for medkits and weapons in custom maps
- More usage of left4dhooks over old plugin code
There's only 1 known issue that I'm not sure if it's an issue on this plugin's end of things or not, that being the plugin sometimes getting the survivor count wrong by 1 less than it actually is. Doesn't always happen, though.

You'll need left4dhooks to run the plugin!
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d2_simplesupply.sp - 137 views - 29.8 KB)
File Type: smx l4d2_simplesupply.smx (14.3 KB, 132 views)

Last edited by LordVGames; 06-16-2022 at 23:24. Reason: Updated the plugin
LordVGames
Old 06-16-2022 , 23:32   Re: [L4D2] Simple Supply - Fix those missing medkits and weapons
Reply With Quote #38

I've updated the plugin to 2.2.0, mainly added some new cvars for configuration, improved how things work in the code, and sniper rifles are now able to be supplied. Check the previous post to grab the plugin for yourself.

Code:
- Added the cvar "l4d2_simplesupply_supplypistols" to toggle supplying pistols with each weapon or not. Doesn't do anything if weapon supplying is turned off.
- Added the cvar "l4d2_simplesupply_supplymelees" to toggle supplying melee weapons with every other weapon or not. Doesn't do anything if weapon supplying is turned off.
- Added the cvar "l4d2_simplesupply_itemsearch_distance" to define a custom distance from the saferoom door to search for medkits/weapons.
- Added the cvar "l4d2_simplesupply_itemsupply_delay" to define a delay from when the plugin detects weapons/medkits to actually supplying them.
- Improved how weapon supplying works in the code, now only odd number amounts weapon can be supplied if need be. It's a bit complex, but I tried to make it as optimized as I know how to.
- Changed how map progression was detected, now starts supplying higher tier weapons halfway through a campaign. This should hopefully let higher tier weapons spawn on the later parts of campaigns with 3 or less maps.
- Sniper rifles, including the counter-strike sniper rifles, are now included in the different weapons to give. Before the halfway point, the scout and the hunting rifle can be supplied. After the halfway point, the AWP and the military sniper rifle can be supplied.
- The sm_supply command should actually work now.
- Plugin should supply items on survival and scavenge now if it didn't before. Survival always supplies T2 and T3 weapons, while scavenge always supplies T1 weapons.
- Added the grenade launcher to the list of weapon spawns to search for, since it wasn't there before.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 06-17-2022 , 03:47   Re: [L4D2] Simple Supply - Fix those missing medkits and weapons
Reply With Quote #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVGames View Post
I've updated the plugin to 2.2.0]
Looks good, few notes:

- TeleportEntity before DispatchSpawn, see Footlocker plugin for details why.
- The Format weaponname lines could just be: weaponname = "smg" instead.
- You could use "L4D_IsFirstMapInScenario()" instead of relying on the "gameinstructor_nodraw" event which some 3rd party maps don't fire.
- "GetSurvivorCount" looks strange with continue and nested if statements, could be simplified.