Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

anyone know how this happened??

Post New Thread Reply   

FaDe
Old 02-13-2005 , 20:39   anyone know how this happened??
Reply With Quote #1

I stayed at a friends last night.. and i came back home.. my server was crashed & my computer was at the login screen.. it might have did automatic updates.. well i signed in on my computer and brought my SuperHero Server up. The IP changed.. My server IP changed From
Quote:
66.42.178.121:27015
to
Quote:
66.42.178.81:27015
anyone have any idea how this could have possibly happened??
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 02-13-2005 , 23:18  
Reply With Quote #2

If it's your home computer, then your IP would change since the ISP gives you a dynamic IP. You can probably get a static IP from them, but it would cost you.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 02-14-2005 , 00:03  
Reply With Quote #3

usually if you get disconnected for an extended period of time the "lease" on your IP runs out and someone else gets it, then when you connect again you get a new one.

I have kept the same IP for like 4 years now, and its dynamic. It even came with me when I moved.
Old 02-17-2005 , 17:25  
Reply With Quote #4

lucky you.. the problem though is that.. my server crashes like.. at night sometimes.. and i have school the next day.. so when i wake up.. i bring it back up.. and just this morning, i found out again.. that the IP changed.. i need like a thing that will start up the server when crashing.. i know there is sumthin like that out already.. but i dunno how to set all that crap up, and i've tried..
Iconoclast
Old 02-17-2005 , 18:03  
Reply With Quote #5

http://serverdoc.com/ enjoy...
-[IR]-Servers | Superhero Mod 24.14.27.156:27015
Fast+Saved+Mercy XP, 14 players max, Custom Heros+Maps, 30 Levels
START AT LVL 4! E-mail [email protected] for buying level/admin details.
Send a message via AIM to Iconoclast Send a message via MSN to Iconoclast
Alphabet Soup
Old 02-18-2005 , 06:15  
Reply With Quote #6

Sounds like you also need to go here:

http://www.no-ip.com/

This is for you dynamic IP users so you can just say "my cool server is FaDeSsuperheroserver.no-ip.com:27015" that way you don't have to change your signature lines all the time if you list your server ip.

It's a free service. You download a small program that constantly tells them your IP address so when people make a request of <youraccount>.no-ip.com, it knows where to send them.
Superhero CS - 216.100.165.90:27010 (Non-Saved XP)
WarCraft CS - 216.100.165.101:27010 (Saved XP)
imported_Hawk
Old 02-18-2005 , 10:52  
Reply With Quote #7

u have the same problem as me what happens to mine is that if it crashes or power goes out like what happend to me last week then your ips for your computer will switch with one of your other computer but thats just my lan that that happed what my step dad had to do since he wont give me or my brother the router code so go back into your router and change it where it excepts that computer and the 81 instead of the 121 since at my house my brothers and mine switched like that for the 2nd time in 2 weeks
but that doesnt look like your lan ip so it might accually be that your dynamic ip changed which sucks for u lol other wise its really easy to fix
Send a message via AIM to imported_Hawk
FaDe
Old 02-19-2005 , 04:05  
Reply With Quote #8

I just signed up for that 'No-IP' thing.. my whatcha ma-call-it is like..

noobshot.servecounterstrike.com

I tried adding it to the server list.. but it doesn't work.. it just says.. "Not Respoding", with no server name.