Night Slayer
Old 01-09-2005 , 20:56  
Reply With Quote #11

vittu's new and improved goten is the best
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 01-10-2005 , 18:32  
Reply With Quote #12

No this is not the same as goku... Goku is a poor rip of cyclops (just a wider beam and one hit kill and imo should be trashed), this does damage in an explosion radius (explodes where the beam hits, cvars are not set at one hit kill but can be set higher to be)...

So does this look more like a kamehameha wave?
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
Organs-Rare
Old 01-10-2005 , 21:33  
Reply With Quote #13

My Quote:

And maybe on key down, you can get one real powerful shot, maybe like a laser or something that explodes on contact, causing maximum major damage. (well for my server, major damage would be like 125 out of the max of 150 ) Comes with all grenades, just to keep true to the name... MASTER BLASTER!

This hero seems like the hero i came up with. Wish i got credit it for it. lol. Anyway, now if somebody could make the dual auto shotty model, this hero would just be bad ass.
MTS Steel DrAgoN
Veteran Member
Old 01-10-2005 , 22:22  
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organs-Rare
My Quote:

And maybe on key down, you can get one real powerful shot, maybe like a laser or something that explodes on contact, causing maximum major damage. (well for my server, major damage would be like 125 out of the max of 150 ) Comes with all grenades, just to keep true to the name... MASTER BLASTER!

This hero seems like the hero i came up with. Wish i got credit it for it. lol. Anyway, now if somebody could make the dual auto shotty model, this hero would just be bad ass.
wow.....
just plain...WOW
he remade the goten..he didnt do the hero you requested....
Send a message via AIM to MTS Steel DrAgoN
Alphabet Soup
Old 01-11-2005 , 14:17  
Reply With Quote #15

This is the Goku I've always had and used on my server since AMX 0.98 except that this one adds HP . Never used the one from this site because I try to refrain from loading one-hit kill heroes. [FF]-r|fL3_man made the Goku w/blast radius damage just like his version of Trunks (author names taken from the smas that I've had since early 2004).

I'm glad someone coded a proper one for AMXX, but the original version works just fine. And since I like special fx, I can appreciate the fire effects. Could do without another hero adding more hp though.
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 01-11-2005 , 18:04  
Reply With Quote #16

Well the HP wasn't my idea it was in the original code so i left it, you can always just set it to 100 so it doesnt give any extra HP. You can even set the AP to 0 if you like, that's what cvars are for. And as far as the original working just fine, sure it worked just didn't work too well. Especially the damage radius. I didn't make a new hero, I just improved upon the original and if you don't like it I'm sorry I wasted my time.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
Alphabet Soup
Old 01-11-2005 , 20:39  
Reply With Quote #17

It's never a waste of time to support the community! Thanks for the work like I said, and adding fire effect is a great addition. Haha..but just get ready to recode the hero again for Superhero:Source! Great...now I gotta dust off my java java java coding books for references. It's been so long! What happened to my COBOL!? LOL....don't worry, I'm not that old--actualy a year younger than you vittu.
(_msv)dakilla(_msv)
Old 01-12-2005 , 14:10  
Reply With Quote #18

vittu the goten thats made for 9.8a i dont think its folling the code i tested it again and oa direct hit it did 40 damage and i had mine set for 1000 radious and damage was set for 1000 and it did 40 damage
69.90.113.40:27015 | 8.9.2.158:27025 |64.27.12.39:27015 | 70.84.52.34:27018
70.84.52.34:27016 | 70.84.52.34:27019
Send a message via AIM to (_msv)dakilla(_msv) Send a message via MSN to (_msv)dakilla(_msv)
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 01-12-2005 , 20:04  
Reply With Quote #19

Not possible with the version I cleaned up, maybe you have the old version or maybe its cause you keep messing with heroes and don't know what your doing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by (_msv)dakilla(_msv)
nice work vittu but is it ok if i make a few ajustments with a sound wav and energising time befor the attack
However, I will test this theory out just to be sure. I'm still workin on this one, so its not completely done (effects are a pain in the ass).
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 01-13-2005 , 04:43  
Reply With Quote #20

Alright using your radius and damage (1000, 1000), and getting direct hits this is what i caused:
Code:
damage caused: 982
damage caused: 989
damage caused: 976
damage caused: 958
If you ask me no one should ever set this that high for any reason, I shoot at the wall on the other side of iceworld right after spawn and kill the entire team of bots on my test server averaging 450 damage on 5 players, wtf... Even with the default cvars you should be causing around 80 damage with a direct hit. Check what you set the cvars to in console type "amx_cvar goten_radius" and "amx_cvar goten_maxdamage" without the quotes, maybe you messed up...

I'm trying to work on the effects a bit and wondering if you guys would mind non-default sprites? sprites aren't a very large download... I'm don't think I can make it look like a real kamehameha without using enities, so I'm not trying that...