Post New Thread Reply   

The_Ridman
Old 04-25-2020 , 14:21   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1011

can someone tell me if i did this right?:

1. Downloaded polymorph.amxx and put in cstrike/addons/amxmodx/plugins folder
2. Added polymorph.amxx to plugins.ini
3. Created polymorph folder in cstrike/addons/amxmodx/configs folder
4. Downloaded this gungame mod: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=205646
5. Put gungame.amxx in amxmodx/addons/plugins folder
6. Put gungame.sma in scripting folder
7. Put gungame.cfg in cstrike/addons/amxmodx/configs
8. Created 0_GunGame.ini file in polymorph folder and put in:

Code:
; Mod Configuration
; Comments here.

[mod]
name "Gungame"
mapsfile maps1.ini
mapspermod 1

[cfg]

[plugins]
gungame.amxx
mapchooser.amxx
9. Created mapsfile.txt in polymorph folder and added a map gg_snow3 (only 1 map to test)
10. Put gg_snow3.bsp in cstrike/maps folder
11. Renamed mapchooser.amxx in plugins folder to mapchooser-old.amxx and put in poly_mapchooser.amxx (and then renamed to mapchooser.amxx), added it to 0_GunGame.ini
12. Added poly_rtv.amxx to plugins folder and added it to plugins.ini, disabled Galileo and re-enabled mapchooser/timeleft/nextmap in plugins.ini

I think I covered everything I did, so anyway I check my amx menu and plugins cvars, and polymorph multi mod - 7 is greyed out, rtv is fine (but not sure if working because after i rtv it says "the vote has been rocked!" and nothing after...), im testing on my server with bots rn, after a couple restarts I see the plugins.polymorph.ini created in configs folder but it has these lines in it:

Code:
;ThisMod:"Gungame"
; Warning: This file is re-written by Polymorph plugin.
; Any content added manually will be lost.
;;;  ERROR  ;;;\r\n;;; No MODs Loaded ;;;
What am I missing or doing wrong? Anything to do with gungame.cfg location? or the lack of cfg in my 0_GunGame.ini file? or the mapchooser/timeleft/nextmap in plugins.ini?

Please advise, thank you in advance!

Last edited by The_Ridman; 04-25-2020 at 14:24.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 04-25-2020 , 16:29   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1012

Some notes:
  • The gungame.cfg file is irrelevant to Polymorph so it won't prevent Polymorph from working.
  • Check your AMX Mod X logs, Polymorph logs error messages and should give you insight into what might be wrong
  • You should also look at the output of the "amxx list" where it will show what plugins are running. If Polymorph fails, it should show that it was put into a failed state with a reason.
  • You config has "maps1.ini" configured for the maps file so creating "mapsfile.txt" won't do anything.
Old 04-26-2020 , 11:06   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Some notes:
  • The gungame.cfg file is irrelevant to Polymorph so it won't prevent Polymorph from working.
  • Check your AMX Mod X logs, Polymorph logs error messages and should give you insight into what might be wrong
  • You should also look at the output of the "amxx list" where it will show what plugins are running. If Polymorph fails, it should show that it was put into a failed state with a reason.
  • You config has "maps1.ini" configured for the maps file so creating "mapsfile.txt" won't do anything.
Yeah I agree, I think it has something to do with how I installed gungame. Should I copy paste everything in gungame.cfg into the 0_GunGame.ini file under [cfg]? How come it's not loading gungame, I have the amxx in the plugins folder, and the .sma in the scripting folder, and it's listed in 0_GunGame.ini...

The logs say polymorph.amxx failed because no mods were loaded.

&in regards to the mapsfile.txt, maybe I misunderstood this line then from the first post?:

Quote:
"mapsfile" must be in the polymorph folder. It should contain all the maps that you want to be eligible to be played with the MOD
Does that mean I should've created maps1.ini in the folder instead of mapsfile.txt?

Thanks a lot for your replies!
The_Ridman
Old 04-26-2020 , 11:23   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1014

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ridman View Post
Yeah I agree, I think it has something to do with how I installed gungame. Should I copy paste everything in gungame.cfg into the 0_GunGame.ini file under [cfg]? How come it's not loading gungame, I have the amxx in the plugins folder, and the .sma in the scripting folder, and it's listed in 0_GunGame.ini...

&in regards to the mapsfile.txt, maybe I misunderstood this line then from the first post?:

Does that mean I should've created maps1.ini in the folder instead of mapsfile.txt?

Thanks a lot for your replies!
So I deleted mapsfile.txt and created maps1.ini with 1 map in it to test, and voila, gungame started working! So I guess some final questions after testing would be, how can players get back to regular CS from a mod? For example, I tested out the poly_rtv, and the choices were GunGame and none, so I chose none thinking it would take us back to no mods, but it just chose gungame again (I don't have to create a new mod called regular CS or something like that, do i?)

Also, is there a way of nominating maps? I disabled Galileo for poly_rtv so I can't use the nom function anymore.

Lastly, is there a way to disable certain plugins on a mod? For example, I have a plugin called knife_duel that makes it so when 1 player from each team is left alive at the end they can challenge each other to a duel and whatnot, but it's not applicable to GunGame..

Thank you for the insight!

Last edited by The_Ridman; 04-26-2020 at 13:13.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 04-26-2020 , 14:21   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1015

Quote:
Yeah I agree, I think it has something to do with how I installed gungame.
I said the exact opposite.

Quote:
Should I copy paste everything in gungame.cfg into the 0_GunGame.ini file under [cfg]? How come it's not loading gungame, I have the amxx in the plugins folder, and the .sma in the scripting folder, and it's listed in 0_GunGame.ini...
Most plugins should be installed according to their instructions except for where to list the .amxx (i.e. instead of putting it in plugins.ini it goes in your mod's config file). I'm sure there are some that require even more special consideration. For gungame.cfg, IIRC, it reads that file directly so it must be installed as suggested by GunGame.

Quote:

"mapsfile" is a variable name. You assign a value to it that is the name of the file you want to use. So, in the example in the first post, the 'mapsfile' is "maps1.ini".

Quote:
So I guess some final questions after testing would be, how can players get back to regular CS from a mod? For example, I tested out the poly_rtv, and the choices were GunGame and none, so I chose none thinking it would take us back to no mods, but it just chose gungame again (I don't have to create a new mod called regular CS or something like that, do i?)
Yes, you have to create a mod configuration for each configuration you want to use. It doesn't make sense to implement it in any other way.

Quote:
Also, is there a way of nominating maps? I disabled Galileo for poly_rtv so I can't use the nom function anymore.
You can't run two map choosing plugins at the same time (i.e. you can't run Galileo with Polymorph). I've explained why the concept of map nominations doesn't work with a multi-mod type server in a previous post. There may be some rare use cases where it might work (if all mods used the same list of maps to choose from). Otherwise, to make it work in a more general case, you'd have to restructure main components of the plugin. For example, you'd have to know what mod is coming up next before you'd know the list of maps therefore you'd have to have the mod vote very early so that there were maps to be nominated were known.

Quote:
Lastly, is there a way to disable certain plugins on a mod? For example, I have a plugin called knife_duel that makes it so when 1 player from each team is left alive at the end they can challenge each other to a duel and whatnot, but it's not applicable to GunGame..
If you don't want a plugin running on a certain mod, then don't add it to the mod's configuration or plugins.ini. Only add it to the mod(s) where you want it enabled.

However, you could try the normal method of disabling plugins by adding the word "disabled" after the plugin in the plugins list. I don't recall if this was considered when I originally wrote the plugin so it might not work.

Last edited by fysiks; 04-26-2020 at 14:24.
The_Ridman
Old 04-26-2020 , 16:10   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1016

Great thanks a lot for the support, makes sense.

So I have 3 mods now (tried DM but was running into a server crashing issue), GG, Zombies, and Regular CS. How do I go about force changing mod and map as admin? maybe even via amxmodmenu? I can obviously change maps via amx command but is there a way to change mod and map together? (without voting etc, just a forced change by admin)?

Thanks again!

Last edited by The_Ridman; 04-26-2020 at 18:13.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 04-26-2020 , 19:35   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1017

Set the next mod with the admin command and then change the map.
Old 04-29-2020 , 10:38   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1018

Very good mod-manager, nice job!
But i need nomination system in sub-plugin, how i can do it ?
It is necessary that when entering into the chat /nom or /mods a full list of mods is displayed, and after you click on a mod (for example deathrun), then the maps of this mod will appear, and after selecting one of the map (for example deathrun_arctic), the chat wrote "Someone nominated the "Deathrun" mod and "deathrun_arctic" map..."
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 04-29-2020 , 22:09   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1019

You would need to edit the plugin significantly to do something like that. That's not something I have time for because I'm crazy busy at work these days. If someone wants to do any work on the plugin (or view the latest version and the various variants), you can look at or clone the plugin's GitHub repo.
Old 06-05-2020 , 19:34   Re: Polymorph: Mod Manager
Reply With Quote #1020

Are you planning to add the number of voters for the Mods and the Maps in %?
It would be very useful.
Example
Send a message via ICQ to MayroN Send a message via Skype™ to MayroN