Reply With Quote #451

any news about this guy?
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-02-2019 , 10:20   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] CT Bans
Reply With Quote #452

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoC View Post
any news about this guy?
I'm working with the guy on this, putting up new ideas when I have something finalized and I'm telling you how it's getting.
painlesstgp
Old 06-07-2019 , 21:21   Databomb's CTBans
Reply With Quote #453

Hello, does DataBomb's CTBan plugin use an actual SQL hosted database rather than local storage sql?

Cause i'd like it to be on my SQL server instead of stored localy?

Or is it already a thing, if so what name should i enter in databases.cfg

Regards.
Kubad
Old 01-04-2020 , 20:36   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] CT Bans
Reply With Quote #454

Hello,
I found little problem in this plugin.

When you using MySQL every next map plugin make 2 new processes in your MySQL database. But old processes still in sleep.
MasterWindowS
BANNED
Old 09-24-2020 , 23:03   I need help with one plugin "error"
Reply With Quote #455

Hello good, I am trying to put this plugin but it does not let me use any command and in console I get this error.

Plugin: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1544101

Sorry for my bad english

Code:
L 09/24/2020 - 23:45:22: [SM] Blaming: sm_ctban.smx
L 09/24/2020 - 23:45:22: [SM] Call stack trace:
L 09/24/2020 - 23:45:22: [SM]   [0] SetFailState
L 09/24/2020 - 23:45:22: [SM]   [1] Line 1704, C:\Users\Paula\Desktop\Ctban\sm_ctban.sp::DB_CallBack_Connect
azalty
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-31-2021 , 20:53   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] CT Bans
Reply With Quote #456

Hi
Fixed the important problems that occured for most people here: https://github.com/azalty/sm-ct-bans

- Removed a useless query that was causing a ban duration reset when a map change occured (discrepancy between ban time variable and data from the database due to a problem with the order of the queries)
- Fixed (re)loading the plugin mid game preventing banned players from having their ban time properly loaded, thus making the plugin think it was a permanent ban. Reconnecting fixed that, but now it shouldn't happen anymore (I hope).

I really think we can safely remove 30% of the code (useless queries, useless verifications..).
I'll only be fixing bugs for now though. The best solution at this point would be to rewrite the plugin or even to create a brand new one which does the exact same things but just works.

My players were constantly asking me to fix that goddamn ban time resetting, so I hope it works!
Pushed that update to my server a few hours ago and it seems to work fine for now.

I'll be investigating shortly the other mysql reported problem. If you have any other bug or question, please ask

btw, I didn't find a logical answer to the ban time being set as permanent when someone joins. It shouldn't even happen since if the plugin isn't reloaded on map change, all queries should occur normally and thus the player should have at least a temp-ban value, but it seems like it doesn't happen in some of your cases.

If you notice this happens, please give me all the infos you have, and I'll try to spot the problem and fix it
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-02-2021 , 13:11   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] CT Bans
Reply With Quote #457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubad View Post
Hello,
I found little problem in this plugin.

When you using MySQL every next map plugin make 2 new processes in your MySQL database. But old processes still in sleep.
Thanks a lot for your report! This is now fixed.
Check the latest (unofficial) releases here: https://github.com/azalty/sm-ct-bans/releases

I probably doubt you're not using this plugin anymore, or a lot of users stopped using this plugin, but I am aware some still do (just like me), so fixing those little bugs is a good thing in my opinion
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-02-2021 , 13:19   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] CT Bans
Reply With Quote #458

Quote:
Originally Posted by azalty View Post
Hi
Fixed the important problems that occured for most people here: https://github.com/azalty/sm-ct-bans

- Removed a useless query that was causing a ban duration reset when a map change occured (discrepancy between ban time variable and data from the database due to a problem with the order of the queries)
- Fixed (re)loading the plugin mid game preventing banned players from having their ban time properly loaded, thus making the plugin think it was a permanent ban. Reconnecting fixed that, but now it shouldn't happen anymore (I hope).

I really think we can safely remove 30% of the code (useless queries, useless verifications..).
I'll only be fixing bugs for now though. The best solution at this point would be to rewrite the plugin or even to create a brand new one which does the exact same things but just works.

My players were constantly asking me to fix that goddamn ban time resetting, so I hope it works!
Pushed that update to my server a few hours ago and it seems to work fine for now.

I'll be investigating shortly the other mysql reported problem. If you have any other bug or question, please ask

btw, I didn't find a logical answer to the ban time being set as permanent when someone joins. It shouldn't even happen since if the plugin isn't reloaded on map change, all queries should occur normally and thus the player should have at least a temp-ban value, but it seems like it doesn't happen in some of your cases.

If you notice this happens, please give me all the infos you have, and I'll try to spot the problem and fix it
Quote:
Originally Posted by azalty View Post
Thanks a lot for your report! This is now fixed.
Check the latest (unofficial) releases here: https://github.com/azalty/sm-ct-bans/releases

I probably doubt you're not using this plugin anymore, or a lot of users stopped using this plugin, but I am aware some still do (just like me), so fixing those little bugs is a good thing in my opinion
whoami74
Old 11-27-2021 , 08:35   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] CT Bans
Reply With Quote #459

Hi! How can I change the time of issuing a ctban to real?
azalty
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-27-2021 , 09:15   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] CT Bans
Reply With Quote #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoami74 View Post
Hi! How can I change the time of issuing a ctban to real?
You cannot do ctbans that expire even when the player is disconnected or dead afaik. It has to be in-game alive time

I didn't quite get what you meant by that though

Last edited by azalty; 11-27-2021 at 09:15.