Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Server not listing

Post New Thread Reply   

jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 09-23-2004 , 20:19  
Reply With Quote #11

yes vittu is right, I fixed this problem by runing the update tool with the -verify_all option so it would double check all the files and make sure they were current and not corrupted. That fixed the issue.
Veteran Member
Old 09-23-2004 , 20:48  
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas2973
make sure you update with hldsupdatetool, if you don't, steam wont show it
ahhh....nevermind , lmao
Old 09-23-2004 , 21:14  
Reply With Quote #13

yes chivas i was aware of your post when i made my comments... i just wanted to reiterate the fact.
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
imported_Mole
Old 09-23-2004 , 21:19  
Reply With Quote #14

Ok. DMZ is not an issue. I do not or have not ever used this with my router. I deleted and reinstalled steam, this fixed the server listings not showing. my superhero server is still not listing though. I think im correct that no one here can view it either. If that is the case it is definetly not just on my end. While I was away at college this evening my server hopst left me a message that 2 people were on playing. I also noted this myself last night. Like I said before, can see it running via HLSW just keeps "not responding" in my favs list.
Send a message via AIM to imported_Mole
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 09-23-2004 , 21:23  
Reply With Quote #15

try reading my post above and doing that.....
Veteran Member
Old 09-23-2004 , 22:11  
Reply With Quote #16

I was just being a wise ass again vittu
but anyway I know for a fact mole that I just had to run my hldsupdatetool yesterday due to a steam update and server not showing, once I ran it, it showed once again

in case you are not sure, make sure you have hldsupdatetool.exe in your directory that has the hlds.exe that you run, then open open a dos command line and go to the directory

once in that directory type hldsupdatetool.exe to show you what you have to do

search steam if you can't figure it out cause first you have to make an account but after that it is just like this
C:\Steam\cstrike\hldsupdatetool.exe -command update -game cstrike -dir C:\Steam -username mole -password 1234

you need to put in your correct directory as well as correct username and password, but then it should go through and download everything you need and eventually say you are up to date

hope it helps cause with steams directions, I had to screw around with it to figure it out
Old 09-24-2004 , 06:49  
Reply With Quote #17

well looks like steam update fixed the one problem:
Quote:
STEAM CLIENT CHANGES:

Fixed server browser problem which prevented servers from being displayed for some users
http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news&id=321
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
imported_Mole
Old 09-24-2004 , 15:48  
Reply With Quote #18

That ended up being the problem. I had a broken script and the server was not getting updated. I had my host check it out and he took care of it.
Send a message via AIM to imported_Mole