Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS:Go] Problem with the situation about !ws / !knife

Post New Thread Reply   

fragnichtnach
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-25-2018 , 03:48   [CS:Go] Problem with the situation about !ws / !knife
Reply With Quote #1

A friend of mine write a reddit post about the current state of the art about these !ws / !knife /glove plugins. I know this plugin is against the guidelines. But Valve don't care about the backdoor.

In the whole he is saying that it is mostly impossible to start up with a new server not using this plugin. I myself would love to bring this up to Valve. It would be fair if everyone is allowed to use it or it isn't possible for everyone. People who care about their guidelines are fucked up at the moment.

If you are interested to add a comment or up-/downvote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffen...these_knifews/
ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 03-25-2018 , 10:36   Re: [CS:Go] Problem with the situation about !ws / !knife
Reply With Quote #2

It really does suck, but I would wager 99% of the reddit community does not care even a little, and probably prefer to play on !ws servers anyway. I would suggest trying to plead your case elsewhere.
Indarello
Old 03-25-2018 , 12:11   Re: [CS:Go] Problem with the situation about !ws / !knife
Reply With Quote #3

Who use knife/ws still pay money to vlave
Maybe not so much
You should start your own unique server, make it different from others, so players will go on your server not for skins
I made my own server because every server of warcraft gamemode was too bad (near me).
And I realy dont understand who creates deathmatch servers which are not differ from other servers of this gamemode
Maybe if classic gamemode, you could be admin/sell vip
But most servers are all the same, I dont know why people copy them and start up
Another reason why it is hard to start up, maybe because of many people go play PUBG?

Last edited by Indarello; 03-25-2018 at 12:16.
shanapu
Veteran Member
Old 03-25-2018 , 12:58   Re: [CS:Go] Problem with the situation about !ws / !knife
Reply With Quote #4

you can absolutely start up a new server successfully without use of these plugins.
it is primarily dependent on your strategy, your staff & the mod.
Veteran Member
Old 03-25-2018 , 13:44   Re: [CS:Go] Problem with the situation about !ws / !knife
Reply With Quote #5

I disagree. At least in the US, nobody cares about communities anymore. Nobody cares what the server is providing. The people who want to play "unique mods" still play CS:S. Nobody cares if you have admins or not, nobody cares about the personality of the server. There just really isn't much "community" anymore.

Last edited by ghostofmybrain; 03-25-2018 at 13:53.
8guawong
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-25-2018 , 23:01   Re: [CS:Go] Problem with the situation about !ws / !knife
Reply With Quote #6

https://www.gametracker.com/search/csgo/US/?

top 6 usa server does not have !ws / !glove etc.

(although it looks like one of sm moderator is hosting !ws / !glove servers?)

if you think just by adding !ws / !glove to your server title your server will be popular

why don't you use !ws / !gloves yourself?
Old 03-26-2018 , 00:05   Re: [CS:Go] Problem with the situation about !ws / !knife
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8guawong View Post
(although it looks like one of sm moderator is hosting !ws / !glove servers?)

if you think just by adding !ws / !glove to your server title your server will be popular

Judging solely based on the server's hostname, I would say it seems like you're right.

Considering your other lines, I will consider to add !hamburger to the hostname of my servers from now on, hoping that they will then be much more popular than if I didn't!

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
8guawong
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-26-2018 , 02:40   Re: [CS:Go] Problem with the situation about !ws / !knife
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
Judging solely based on the server's hostname, I would say it seems like you're right.

Considering your other lines, I will consider to add !hamburger to the hostname of my servers from now on, hoping that they will then be much more popular than if I didn't!
i meant use the !ws/!glove plugin and then add !ws/!glove to the server name

but i know you knew what i meant
Old 03-26-2018 , 17:50   Re: [CS:Go] Problem with the situation about !ws / !knife
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8guawong View Post
https://www.gametracker.com/search/csgo/US/?

top 6 usa server does not have !ws / !glove etc.
Look at what type they are, though. That's not exactly the same thing we were talking about here.

Quote:
Because I don't want to attract that type of person to my server. I have no interest in a bunch of little kids who don't care about the game that I grew up playing coming into the server and being afk 80% of the round time while they look at their skins. I also don't care that my servers are empty 80% of the time because of it. The people who come in when I play are people I want to play with. They care about CS and they care about playing CS.

However, that doesn't change the fact that if you want to run a CS:GO community around the actual CS game, you need to run weapon skin plugins.

Last edited by ghostofmybrain; 03-26-2018 at 17:53.
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 03-27-2018 , 02:47   Re: [CS:Go] Problem with the situation about !ws / !knife
Reply With Quote #10

Since I was mentioned, my thoughts and actions I've pursued on the issue: https://snksrv.com/threads/weapon-sk...d-why-not.533/