Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)

Post New Thread Reply   

chatyak
Old 12-20-2017 , 14:18   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #341

Thanks for the notes. I will test this new version. Here's a quick recap:

We only do versus game mode and maps were not changed manually.

Just load into a game from lobby and then the rest join in either IP or off the drop-down arrow in steam.

Each round, every player beyond the first 8 loaded into spec.

Sometimes, if someone left the game - a player on the opposing team would be moved to spec. (I assumed to balance?)

A few times while waiting for people to load into the game or while switching players back to their proper team at each round start - the entire infected team would be spawned in before humans left the safe room.

One more thing - not sure if related... we played 'The Sacrifice' and the last map had no commons once the fuel generator event was started. Not sure if it's related to having more survivors or not.

Cheers

Last edited by chatyak; 12-20-2017 at 14:19. Reason: Forgot
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 12-21-2017 , 00:24   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #342

Hello Admin,

1.97b tries to introduce a fix for versus where 3 or more people on the server switching sides can cause survivors to spawn in dead. Hopefully this will patch and prevent that from happening. Thanks to chatyak for pointing this out

The earlier bug of being unable to switch sides on versus has been fixed and if enabled (e.g., _abm_wrapswitch 1), the chooseteam dialog will go through abm-join. So will calling "jointeam" from a console. Calling "!join 3" in versus will also switch people to the infected side without checking if they're admins.

With (_abm_wrapswitch 0), ABM will not try to intercept chooseteam/jointeam (default).
Attached Files
File Type: smx abm.smx (46.2 KB, 161 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (abm.sp - 143 views - 101.4 KB)
File Type: txt abm.txt (2.1 KB, 141 views)
Newbie_Sexy
Old 12-22-2017 , 02:47   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #343

My English is so bad and google translate is shit...
So can u tell me the cvar which set the limit players join my server?
By the way, what is this cvar mean? abm_minplayers
Thanks you very much ^^
kot4404
Old 12-22-2017 , 11:21   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #344

I think you should change
Quote:
else if (StrEqual(g_sB, "mutation15")) return 3; // Versus Survival
to
Quote:
else if (StrEqual(g_sB, "mutation15")) return 1; // Versus Survival
as you made the respawn time cvar respect the gamemode value and the versus survival has its own working timer as I said in my previous post (unless this will break other things)
lippnc
Old 12-23-2017 , 01:25   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #345

Here is a version of abm without autohard, SI spawning, left4downtown, and tankhp. Many server owners use alternative plugins for those things and since left4downtown isn' really needed, some do not like to load extra extensions on their servers. This is for Windows only.
Also renamed it to advanced_bot_manager, so as not to confuse the two if you are just checking it out. It also has the ability for anyone to use the !csm command in chat to change your character using abm's "character select menu". Also no logfile is generated by this version of the plugin. Based on 0.1.97 from author's post #343. Enjoy all!

Last edited by lippnc; 02-12-2021 at 00:08.
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 12-24-2017 , 17:31   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #346

Quote:
Originally Posted by lippnc View Post
Here is a version of abm without autohard, SI spawning, left4downtown, and tankhp. Many server owners use alternative plugins for those things and since left4downtown isn' really needed, some do not like to load extra extensions on their servers. This is for Windows only.
Also renamed it to advanced_bot_manager, so as not to confuse the two if you are just checking it out. It also has the ability for anyone to use the !csm command in chat to change your character using abm's "character select menu". Also no logfile is generated by this version of the plugin. Based on 0.1.97 from author's post #343. Enjoy all!
Autohard (can be toggled, default is on) see the README
Autohard is an incredibly important part of ABM. Users of ABM looking for a fair and even playing experience may want to leave this enabled. Currently, if you use ABM (or any plugin that allows more than 4 survivors to play together), without any additional plugins to compensate for the extra players, games get boring. Ten Survivors will always go up against 4 SI (at the most) and Tanks will barely have enough health to get a single attack in on the team.

With abm_autohard on, 10 survivors go up against 10 SI and by default Tanks on normal will have 25,000 health. You can change how often SI spawn (and/or disable them with abm_spawninterval 0) and you can adjust the Tanks health (and/or disable modifications with abm_tankchunkhp 0). With a few combinations and tweaks, you can customize SI to always be on the scene and Tanks very weak or no SI waves but incredibly strong Tanks. You can make it brutal or you can make it easy and you can toggle and tweak all of these settings. It's up to the user of ABM to figure this out and it's pretty well adjusted out of the box. You can enable, disable and customize these features individually, it's not an all or nothing deal with ABM.

Left4Downtown is not required to use ABM. If you don't have it, no problem. If you're compiling ABM, you can comment out (#include <left4downtown>) to get ABM to build. No matter, whether you leave the line or comment it out, you don't need Left4Downtown on the server for ABM to work. Either Left4Downtown or VScript Director Options unlocker becomes important if you're trying to play larger competitive games. Out of the box SI is not unlocked and it's up to the user to choose one. If you're not playing versus, you'll be fine without ever enabling either.

To recap, if you already rely on plugins to keep SI challenging, you can disable SI waves with abm_spawninterval 0. If you already rely on plugins to make your Tanks challenging, you can disable Tank modifications with abm_tankchunkhp 0. You can disable the both of these with abm_autohard 0. By default, autohard is on only for games with greater than 4 survivors. Games with less than or equal to 4 survivors are played vanilla and ABM does not try to modify them.

ABM does not expose the ability for any user to change their character. Users with the generic admin flag can do this but not just any user. This will be addressed at some point. The log file generated on an extremely busy server in the last 12 months adds up to 20MB. ABM will not eat up your log space out of the box. You can even turn off all logging with abm_loglevel -1. It's hardly written to by default but helps when trying to debug something as the log file will make a record of it.

When in doubt, see the README. Thanks and happy holidays!

Last edited by NgBUCKWANGS; 12-25-2017 at 04:05.
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 12-26-2017 , 05:56   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #347

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie_Sexy View Post
My English is so bad and google translate is shit...
So can u tell me the cvar which set the limit players join my server?
By the way, what is this cvar mean? abm_minplayers
Thanks you very much ^^
abm_minplayers (default 4) is the number in which to stop kicking bots after players leave. If you have it set to 4, the 5th, 6th, 7th bot get kicked when players leave, until you're back at 4 bots again. Bots 4, 3, 2 and 1 do not get kicked.
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 12-26-2017 , 06:11   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #348

Quote:
Originally Posted by kot4404 View Post
...you made the respawn time cvar respect the gamemode value and the versus survival has its own working timer as I said in my previous post (unless this will break other things)
The new cvar (abm_respawndelay) affects humans spawning as SI in non-competitive modes only. If ABM gets in the way of competitive spawning (where humans are literally supposed to spawn as SI), it's a bug. I'm not too familiar with the game mode but from what I believe I understand, that mode is supposed to be competitive and ABM shouldn't affect the SI spawning. Is ABM getting in the way?
kot4404
Old 12-26-2017 , 07:14   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #349

Quote:
I'm not too familiar with the game mode but from what I believe I understand, that mode is supposed to be competitive and ABM shouldn't affect the SI spawning. Is ABM getting in the way?
Yes
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 12-26-2017 , 08:48   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #350

Quote:
Originally Posted by kot4404 View Post
Yes
Thanks for pointing this out, I appreciate it and have changed the value going forward. Quick question, since you've found this, I imagine you changed the value yourself and recompiled? If so, did it then work as expected?