Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CSGO] Hook & record voice data from server

Post New Thread Reply   

sometimescats
Old 01-19-2017 , 10:51   [CSGO] Hook & record voice data from server
Reply With Quote #1

Basically I am looking to hook all voice chat in game and write to a file (or stream to a local ffMPEG server). Is this currently possible with SM and/or MM:S? Has anyone attempted to do this before?

Last edited by sometimescats; 05-04-2017 at 09:36.
sometimescats
Old 05-04-2017 , 09:34   Re: [CSGO] Possible to hook & record voice data
Reply With Quote #3

I have tried again and again to get something working with the APIs provided and have hit a dead end.

I am willing to pay $200+ to whoever can help me write this plugin/extension. Contact me via PM if you are interested in getting paid to help me with this plugin idea.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 05-04-2017 , 11:23   Re: [CSGO] Hook & record voice data from server
Reply With Quote #4

I have a lot of experience working with voice chat in Source games, feel free to hit me up via PM if you would like something custom built for you. The only requirement I have is that I retain ownership of anything I write for you (the GPL grants you all the rights you could need) - I have had a large voice chat related project in the works for over a year now and I don't want this stepping on its toes.
Old 05-04-2017 , 14:30   Re: [CSGO] Hook & record voice data from server
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
The only requirement I have is that I retain ownership of anything I write for you (the GPL grants you all the rights you could need).
Can you explain that in more detail? If it's too offtopic here maybe in a PM or a new thread? I am just curious about how it works as I assumed anyone that has the .sma/.sp becomes an owner of it regardless of how they got it?
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 05-04-2017 , 14:59   Re: [CSGO] Hook & record voice data from server
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartialCloning View Post
Can you explain that in more detail? If it's too offtopic here maybe in a PM or a new thread? I am just curious about how it works as I assumed anyone that has the .sma/.sp becomes an owner of it regardless of how they got it?
The GPL is a license, it grants a broad but limited set of rights with some conditions (just read it, there are translations in many languages and a detailed FAQ, will do a better job explaining it that I could ever do), copyright/ownership is retained by the author (which, in the case of work-for-hire, is generally the person doing the hiring - as the actual author works "through" them - same as if you work for a normal company as a software developer, everything you do for the company is owned by them).
Old 05-04-2017 , 16:09   Re: [CSGO] Hook & record voice data from server
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
I have had a large voice chat related project in the works for over a year now and I don't want this stepping on its toes.
I'm really curious to know what this project is and if it will allow streaming the voice output to another server (and if it will even be public). Recently I've been throwing the idea around to make my own project which pipes the game voice through a discord bot.

Last edited by hlstriker; 05-04-2017 at 16:09.