Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Closed game customization

Post New Thread Reply   

Azerja12
Old 03-01-2017 , 16:02   Closed game customization
Reply With Quote #1

"Back in my day"(1.6/source) you would edit you steam folder(add plugins) and then in-game use the "Create Game" option and the server would have your plugins. Now when you press play with friends and add casual etc to actually start a server on CS:GO it doesn't seem to work the same way.

Elaborate:
On CS:Source you could edit "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike" and plugins would work using the "Create Server" option in-game. It doesn't seem to work this way on CS:GO. Anyone know anything?

The lan server set up in game of the cs:1.6/cs:source would have plugins editing the game folder you play from.

Also, how is the server connection established without port-forwarding or anything of the liking using the "play with friends option, who can join option, gameoption etc"?

I don't understand
Old 03-01-2017 , 17:18   Re: Closed game customization
Reply With Quote #2

Your not hosting when you play with friends.
Old 03-01-2017 , 18:13   Re: Closed game customization
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuro Toxin View Post
You are depending if you have everything setup correctly. IIRC I once joined a custom map lobby and we started in their own LAN server, and they had sv_cheats on etc, etc.
HOWEVER doing this means you will not be able to run sourcemod, as I read some where that you would need to run -insecure to run addons within the client to fight against, well.. shitty cheats.
Also if you just want to edit the config you would need to add to the gamemode_casual_server.cfg
Azerja12
Old 03-01-2017 , 18:36   Re: Closed game customization
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
I believe you are misunderstanding. What i mean is when you change the settings to private while having people in your lobby as you would start a co-op map with your friends. In the game it's obvious you are the server host beeing able to use cvars and have the lowest ping. What makes me confused is why this works without port-forwarding.
Old 03-01-2017 , 18:38   Re: Closed game customization
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
You are depending if you have everything setup correctly. IIRC I once joined a custom map lobby and we started in their own LAN server, and they had sv_cheats on etc, etc.
HOWEVER doing this means you will not be able to run sourcemod, as I read some where that you would need to run -insecure to run addons within the client to fight against, well.. shitty cheats.
Also if you just want to edit the config you would need to add to the gamemode_casual_server.cfg
Are you saying if i configure -insecore i the addons i implemented will work? When hosting a co-op map with for friend for instance?
Old 03-01-2017 , 18:50   Re: Closed game customization
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azerja12 View Post
Are you saying if i configure -insecore i the addons i implemented will work? When hosting a co-op map with for friend for instance?
sure but at that point why not just learn how to setup a srcds. There's also a chance it will no longer work over inviting people that are not on lan because of the tokens that are now needed.
Azerja12
Old 03-01-2017 , 19:15   Re: Closed game customization
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
sure but at that point why not just learn how to setup a srcds. There's also a chance it will no longer work over inviting people that are not on lan because of the tokens that are now needed.
It's really just to set up like a 3v3 or co-op having plugins that allow custom hp/respawn and so on without running two stances slowing my computer. This also removes the problem of port-forwarding on the dorm routher of which i have no access to nor does it have upnp enabled.

Now, i'm not familliar with the -insecure. How do i use that the way i wish? I can't use launch command i believe. Or how would i do that from the in-game lobby?

Edit:
found liblist.gam under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\scripts" will adding a secure command help? I would think i should already be there..

Edit: Adding "secure 0" didn't work

Last edited by Azerja12; 03-01-2017 at 20:28. Reason: addition
Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 03-01-2017 , 19:39   Re: Closed game customization
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azerja12 View Post
I believe you are misunderstanding. What i mean is when you change the settings to private while having people in your lobby as you would start a co-op map with your friends. In the game it's obvious you are the server host beeing able to use cvars and have the lowest ping. What makes me confused is why this works without port-forwarding.
It's probably upnp in your router allowing a temp port forward.
Old 03-01-2017 , 19:45   Re: Closed game customization
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
It's probably upnp in your router allowing a temp port forward.
But it's not enabled and i have no access to the router other than the wifi pass.
- Live in a dorm

Last edited by Azerja12; 03-01-2017 at 19:46.
Azerja12
Old 03-01-2017 , 20:38   Re: Closed game customization
Reply With Quote #10

Added -insecure "for the game" to my commandline and checked the console for "sm" it worked. The problem is i'm now not allowed to host a server because it tells me i've disabled vac...

I need to be able to only host the server without vac but not the game client.

Error: player has game files with invalid signatures and is not allowed to join VAC secure servers.

Last edited by Azerja12; 03-01-2017 at 20:39.