Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS:GO] Animating a player model entity

Post New Thread Reply   

404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 02-03-2017 , 00:48   Re: [CS:GO] Animating a player model entity
Reply With Quote #21

I am so confused right now. Isn't the solution to this problem (the walking not being animated) that he's not setting m_flPoseParameters values on the entity? S'how it works for TF2. I wrote up a brief pastebin doc about pose parameters and how to set them, including examples of making an entity mimic a player's body movements. Here it is: http://pastebin.com/raw/YMDDrN9n

If you're too lazy to click that link, but not lazy enough to be able to click the Show spoilers button, I put the contents of the paste in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

This stuff should work for CS:GO as well...I mean, same engine...same model system...gotta be the same m_flPoseParameters thing then. Do a datamaps dump (with an empty server, via rcon do sm_dump_datamaps datamaps.txt, then check your server's tf/, if memory serves me well), find the player entity in the datamaps text dump and look for m_flPoseParameters in its variables. If so, then there's your solution for making the legs move and his torso and such move so he can look in all directions and walk properly.

Also, what you're trying to do sounds suspiciously like what the TF2 Pets plugin already does. It just lacks the whole m_flPoseParameters thing for making player models walk, so we've been stuck using a shitty animation system that needs an overhaul....but with a little conversion, it could be un-TF2'd and made to work in CS:GO, I believe. Not very hard at all...just time consuming. Or you could pick at the code and use it as a reference point or somethin'.

Also also, arthurdead's UtilsExt extension may be of use in CS:GO? Arthur? Is it CS:GO compatible? I forget.

EDIT: I may be a bit of a doof. I'm guessing your issue is the prop_dynamic wasn't moving or following a player or whatever you set it to do? If so, check out the [TF2] Pets plugin link up above and see how the 3 varying "pet" plugins out there do it.

If your issue isn't that, and it is the models legs not "walking" and the model just kind of glides along the ground, see the above m_flPoseParameters bit.

If it's neither, please explain further

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 02-03-2017 at 09:32.