Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Problem with the console output

Post New Thread Reply   

Argos
Old 03-19-2016 , 15:39   Problem with the console output
Reply With Quote #1

some time ago I have this problem when I start the server with any specific maps, it is that the console reaches a point where it is dead and does not give any additional information. the server is online, I can enter, and can execute commands as changelevel and map changes, but can not see any information on the console ...

example

L 03/19/2016 - 16:28:59: -------- -------- Mapchange to trade_rawr_v2_2
L 03/19/2016 - 16:28:59: [TF2ITEMS] "GiveNamedItem" offset = 479

status
status
status
changelevel trade_plaza_2 <- *** here the map is changed correctly in server
status

server is online. metamod, sourcemod, and tf2items are updated to the latest version available.
any ideas?
tf0Mht
Old 08-29-2016 , 11:31   Re: Problem with the console output
Reply With Quote #2

You are not the only one.
Been happening with my servers as well for some reason but somehow it would sort itself out after some time but not the last few weeks.

It seems (at least to me) that only solution for this is to unload/disable TF2Items plugin (which is not a solution as several other plugins that depends on it don't work properly without it) and concole would work again without any problems.

However, while ingame connected to server, those same commands that doesn't give any output in original console responds perfectly normal through rcon commands in game, which doesn't make any sense to me.

I have been looking for some kind of solution for a really long time but without any success, search option didn't give me any results.
Basically said, any verbose messages after "[TF2ITEMS] "GiveNamedItem" offset = 479" are being supressed somehow.

P.S. attached screenshot from server console
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 08-29-16 at 04.23 PM.PNG
Views:	58
Size:	4.7 KB
ID:	157112  

Last edited by tf0Mht; 08-29-2016 at 11:37. Reason: Small grammar mistakes & added more info
Potato Uno
Veteran Member
Old 08-30-2016 , 23:20   Re: Problem with the console output
Reply With Quote #3

I am using TF2Items version 1.6.4 and I never had this problem (also on windows).

Try fresh SM installation with TF2Items installed (no 3rd party plugins) and see if it works. If so, then add each plugin dependent on tf2items one at a time until the problem comes. (That's the best idea I can think of.)
tf0Mht
Old 08-31-2016 , 13:16   Re: Problem with the console output
Reply With Quote #4

Will try it on current servers and will install a new clean server just in case to get this fixed and if needed slowly move to new ones then one by one plugins, extensions or what ever is needed.

I've been hosting servers for 2 years (mostly TF2), however it is really weird how this particular problem started very recently and it stops as soons as I change .so extension to anything else so it doesn't load and works perfectly but never had any problems on Windows Server 2003 R2 from day one when I started. Last 1.5 years and counting on Linux.

Metamod Source or SourceMod version doesn't matter (I think) as even after every release of SourceMod it doesn't fix that problem. I've done update yesterday to:
Code:
Metamod:Source version 1.10.6
Built from: https://github.com/alliedmodders/metamod-source/commit/9fed12f
Build ID: 946:9fed12f
Loaded As: Valve Server Plugin
Compiled on: Sep 12 2015
Plugin interface version: 15:14
SourceHook version: 5:5

SourceMod Version: 1.8.0.5928
    SourcePawn Engine: SourcePawn 1.8, jit-x86 (build 1.8.0.5928)
    SourcePawn API: v1 = 4, v2 = 11
    Compiled on: Aug  6 2016 14:32:34
    Built from: https://github.com/alliedmodders/sourcemod/commit/28e57b2
    Build ID: 5928:28e57b2
Coudn't get any output when TF2Items extension was loaded.

Oh and before I forget, if I start server without +map command and TF2Items extension loaded console works normally BUT as soon as you load any first map and as soon as map load finishes and executes all configs in their order, anything after line "[TF2ITEMS] "GiveNamedItem" offset = 479" dies. Even after you unload (killserver) map it still doesn't give any output.

Just tried loading server without TF2Items and loaded it manually using sm exts load tf2items.ext.2.ep2v.so and it was still responsive after that particular line, reloaded plugins that depends on it (BWR2 and give weapon), map changed, still works, no problems.

Version of TF2 Items (loaded wihtout it and manually loaded it):
Code:
[03] TF2Items (1.6.4): TF2 Item Modifier

This only happens when you cold start TF2 server when first map load is completed.

To me personally it's not a big deal as I'm only using console when I need to install or change some plugins and need to see if there is any errors so I can fix it or add some spam lines in cleaner extensions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 08-31-16 at 06.11 PM.PNG
Views:	54
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	157153   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 08-31-16 at 06.12 PM.PNG
Views:	117
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	157154