Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[CS:GO] Is it alright to use "CSGO Punch"

Post New Thread Reply   

You9
Old 08-30-2016 , 03:52   [CS:GO] Is it alright to use "CSGO Punch"
Reply With Quote #1

Hey,

i'm right now so confused, because there are so many answers and stuff where someone say it's alright to use, and some other is saying, you'll be banned.
But still, is it alright to use CSGO Punch (Kaesar) and to "activate" it in server i use Custom-Knives by Franc1sco.
Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-30-2016 , 05:02   Re: [CS:GO] Is it alright to use "CSGO Punch"
Reply With Quote #2

You run the risk of being banned if you run plugins like that. There is no clear or concise statement from Valve about using that specific plugin. There have been many servers running that plugin without receiving a ban So, as long as that's the only "illegal" type plugin you are running, you should be less likely to receive one.

Sorry, but that's the best advice I can give you since this is such a gray area.
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 08-30-2016 , 09:47   Re: [CS:GO] Is it alright to use "CSGO Punch"
Reply With Quote #3

The risk probably doesn't exist since it's not messing with the banned netprops. They were unapproved when valve announced their guidelines, but later on they crossed out the mentioning of custom skins. The plugin still has not been reapproved since.
You9
Old 08-30-2016 , 10:43   Re: [CS:GO] Is it alright to use "CSGO Punch"
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxximou5 View Post
You run the risk of being banned if you run plugins like that. There is no clear or concise statement from Valve about using that specific plugin. There have been many servers running that plugin without receiving a ban So, as long as that's the only "illegal" type plugin you are running, you should be less likely to receive one.

Sorry, but that's the best advice I can give you since this is such a gray area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
The risk probably doesn't exist since it's not messing with the banned netprops. They were unapproved when valve announced their guidelines, but later on they crossed out the mentioning of custom skins. The plugin still has not been reapproved since.

Thanks both of you, i'll give it try and if i get banned then, i'm banned
Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-30-2016 , 12:17   Re: [CS:GO] Is it alright to use "CSGO Punch"
Reply With Quote #5

Please do let us know if you do, so future people know and we can look into why it caused a ban.
Also give us a list of all your plugins you were using at the time of it, but let's hope you don't get banned!
Lannister
Veteran Member
Old 08-30-2016 , 17:23   Re: [CS:GO] Is it alright to use "CSGO Punch"
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
Hello Mitchell! could you explain us a bit more about "it's not messing with the banned netprops."? it could be realy useful for people like me that doesn't know these stuff!

Thanks in advance!
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 08-30-2016 , 18:48   Re: [CS:GO] Is it alright to use "CSGO Punch"
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannister View Post
Hello Mitchell! could you explain us a bit more about "it's not messing with the banned netprops."? it could be realy useful for people like me that doesn't know these stuff!

Thanks in advance!
There's some other discussions about these netprops and unapproved plugins like !ws etc but I dont have the time to search for them but here's the gist of it:
Core.cfg to follow the guidelines:
https://github.com/alliedmodders/sou....cfg#L136-L147
List of banned netprops:
https://github.com/alliedmodders/sou....cpp#L138-L162