Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)

Post New Thread Reply   

Pzyco
Old 05-18-2016 , 06:26   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeStrong View Post
Use this nav file, if it works, copy/paste this nav file and modify the map name as appropriate.
I wouldn't recommend generating anything, or using a nav generator, as this may be overwriting your nav files.
Do you think the nav files is the reason behind the maps changing(and the not needed double "!r")?
Balbin
Old 05-18-2016 , 07:20   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1882

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pzyco View Post
Do you think the nav files is the reason behind the maps changing(and the not needed double "!r")?
The map will change after the nav file is created, and the nav file is being created because completing the map spawned a replay bot. Essentially the nav file tells the replay bot where it can walk, and the script within cksurf tells the replay bot where to walk. Disabling the replay bots will stop the nav files being created, and thus the nav files too.

As an aside, I don't know how differently the nav files are generated with ckSurf, I'm assuming it's just a quicksave, but regardless, the mesh is generated out from the spawn point. So I would definitely recommend generating the nav files after zoning/setting your spawn with cksurf, for optimal bot replays. I might be completely wrong on this, but it can't hurt.

The not needed double "!r" will be on linear maps, it's only double for staged maps.
Pzyco
Old 05-18-2016 , 07:41   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1883

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balbin View Post
The map will change after the nav file is created, and the nav file is being created because completing the map spawned a replay bot. Essentially the nav file tells the replay bot where it can walk, and the script within cksurf tells the replay bot where to walk. Disabling the replay bots will stop the nav files being created, and thus the nav files too.

As an aside, I don't know how differently the nav files are generated with ckSurf, I'm assuming it's just a quicksave, but regardless, the mesh is generated out from the spawn point. So I would definitely recommend generating the nav files after zoning/setting your spawn with cksurf, for optimal bot replays. I might be completely wrong on this, but it can't hurt.

The not needed double "!r" will be on linear maps, it's only double for staged maps.
Thank you, it worked!
But I'm confused, what are nav files? What are their purpose? Why do the sizes vary so much?
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 05-18-2016 , 10:35   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1884

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pzyco View Post
Thank you, it worked!
But I'm confused, what are nav files? What are their purpose? Why do the sizes vary so much?
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...igation_Meshes
stretchy
Old 05-18-2016 , 17:29   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1885

How much interest is there in a new, barebones surf timer plugin?

I feel where this surf plugin failed is that it tried to be too many things.

I might start working on a new timer if there's enough interest in it.
Old 05-18-2016 , 18:18   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1886

I'm currently doing a similar thing. I'm not sure yet if I want to collaborate with others. I'm starting from scratch because this plugin is a nightmare to adapt. This plugin didn't fail because it tried to be too many things, in fact this is the probably the most basic timer out there. It was successful because of that reason.
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 05-18-2016 , 20:23   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1887

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchy View Post
How much interest is there in a new, barebones surf timer plugin?

I feel where this surf plugin failed is that it tried to be too many things.

I might start working on a new timer if there's enough interest in it.
Quote:
I'm currently doing a similar thing. I'm not sure yet if I want to collaborate with others. I'm starting from scratch because this plugin is a nightmare to adapt. This plugin didn't fail because it tried to be too many things, in fact this is the probably the most basic timer out there. It was successful because of that reason.
I definitely think that there would be a lot of interest, and there are people willing to help, provided over a good platform such as github. I think things such as VIP features should be handled by another, separate plugin, but this plugin was written in such a way to try and encompass all wants/needs of a basic surf timer. Unfortunately, being based off of (and I quote) "spaghetti code" KZ Timer, it could definitely use some optimization (CPU mainly), but features such as Styles and WRCP's for example, would be a huge plus, and allow this to be focused on an actual Surf timer instead of a basic timer.
Balbin
Old 05-18-2016 , 21:01   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1888

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk74 View Post
I definitely think that there would be a lot of interest, and there are people willing to help, provided over a good platform such as github. I think things such as VIP features should be handled by another, separate plugin, but this plugin was written in such a way to try and encompass all wants/needs of a basic surf timer. Unfortunately, being based off of (and I quote) "spaghetti code" KZ Timer, it could definitely use some optimization (CPU mainly), but features such as Styles and WRCP's for example, would be a huge plus, and allow this to be focused on an actual Surf timer instead of a basic timer.
ckSurf is spaghetti code. There are too many hard coded values, and shortcuts to output a quick product. It's a nice looking plug in, but half of my community is asking for timer, the other half is asking for ckSurf. It's got to be rewritten to allow for the features of timer, and this means rewriting the plugin from the timer source code, not kztimer. The big issue will be transferring data from the ckSurf db to my timer's db, since I'm recording advanced statistics for each run.
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 05-19-2016 , 01:16   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1889

Quote:
ckSurf is spaghetti code. There are too many hard coded values, and shortcuts to output a quick product. It's a nice looking plug in, but half of my community is asking for timer, the other half is asking for ckSurf. It's got to be rewritten to allow for the features of timer, and this means rewriting the plugin from the timer source code, not kztimer. The big issue will be transferring data from the ckSurf db to my timer's db, since I'm recording advanced statistics for each run.
I think converting a current SQL database will be the least of your worries when coding, writing up some SQL scripts won't be too difficult to convert into another database setup. Map times, checkpoints, etc can be transferred in, and more advanced statistics can be added in by said plugin after the fact, if applicable.

I'd venture a guess to say that writing up a whole new timer from scratch will be a bit more difficult than a DB conversion. Makes me miss the days of Zipcore's timer
Balbin
Old 05-19-2016 , 08:17   Re: [CS:GO] ckSurf (1.18f, 24.11.2015)
Reply With Quote #1890

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk74 View Post
I think converting a current SQL database will be the least of your worries when coding, writing up some SQL scripts won't be too difficult to convert into another database setup. Map times, checkpoints, etc can be transferred in, and more advanced statistics can be added in by said plugin after the fact, if applicable.

I'd venture a guess to say that writing up a whole new timer from scratch will be a bit more difficult than a DB conversion. Makes me miss the days of Zipcore's timer
The issue is not just taking the values over. The ckSurf database is kind of a mess in how it stores times and calculates player ranks. Not only that, but all times I carry over are missing information, things like: number of strafes, prestrafe/start speed, number of bhops, sync cannot just be added in. It's incredibly messy. The rest of it is not that hard, it's just grinding it out. Hardest parts are DB, design and user interfaces.