Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

registering a Steam:id to a car

Post New Thread Reply   

Rixorster
Old 05-11-2006 , 06:34  
Reply With Quote #31

Hmm, lemme try to fix it...(i'm at school, so don't expect any good results right now =D )

+karma if i helped you!
EVILX
Old 05-11-2006 , 07:51  
Reply With Quote #32

well im at school to.
EVILX
Old 05-11-2006 , 14:31  
Reply With Quote #33

ok well ok this is what im wondering i wonder if i could get a new command (/regcar) so i can go up to a car and type /regcar and it would register my steam_ID to that car and store it into the Carfile.ini so when the server restarted it still in they at the location it is stored to.

plus an /unregcar incase i want to sell it.
EVILX
Old 05-12-2006 , 03:02  
Reply With Quote #34

ok i need a little help i made a /regcar function and i need a little help.

when i type regcar it works the car becomes mine but... it still says the car is owned by 0. and if someone else types /regcar the car steal the car. so they are the two problems heres the code the /regcar

Code:
public registercar(id) {     new szFilename[64]       get_cvar_string("rp_carsfile",szFilename,63)     new name[64]       get_user_name(id,name,63)       new message[300]     carOwner[id] = get_user_authid(id,steamid,43)     format(message,299,"[CarMod] %s has registered the car.",name)     overhear(id,300,message)       client_print(id,print_chat,"[CarMod] You have Registered the car.")     return PLUGIN_HANDLED   }
Sandurr
Old 05-12-2006 , 05:39  
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVILX
ok, this is what i have now.

Code:
public leaveCar(id)   {     carOwner[id] = get_user_authid(id,steamid,43)   }   public getInCar(id)   {     tryingToCar[id] = get_user_authid(id,steamid2,43)     if( tryingToCar[id] == carOwner[id] )   client_print(id,print_chat,"You'r not the owner of this vechile!")     }     public letInCarFunction(id) {   carOwner[id]= get_user_authid(id,steamid,43)   client_print(id,print_chat,"[CarMod] You have turned on your engine and got out of the car.")   }

but doesn't work..... any help please...
"[CarMod] You have turned on your engine and got out of the car."

EVILX
Old 05-12-2006 , 07:52  
Reply With Quote #36

so need to put that code in and that right?
Rixorster
Old 05-12-2006 , 09:35  
Reply With Quote #37

EVILX, you made that register code the wrong way, first of all, change the rp_carsfile... Like right now, it saves the car spawning in the same file as your steamid's, so you've done it totally the wrong way <_< Ill fix it later, when i have time.

+karma if i helped you!
EVILX
Old 05-12-2006 , 10:40  
Reply With Quote #38

well ok thanks did say im a newb and coding

at least im atemping to try
EVILX
Old 05-14-2006 , 14:56  
Reply With Quote #39

*bump*

need help with this.
Fred Dawes
Old 05-15-2006 , 23:04  
Reply With Quote #40

What I did to get permanent owners was add a new field to the 'amx_createcar' command.

amx_createcar <model> <0/1 save> "<steamid>"

You needed the quotes. I just read the steamid to the car's target in

Code:
new authid[31] ----------------------------- read_argv(6, authid, 31) ----------------------------- entity_set_string(carout[id],EV_SZ_target,authid)

...and checked it on the touch where you get in the car...

Code:
public setcar(entid,id) {    if(allow[id] != 0) return PLUGIN_HANDLED    if(incar[id] != 0) return PLUGIN_HANDLED    new locked[33], authid[33]    entity_get_string(entid,EV_SZ_target,locked,32)    get_user_authid(id,authid,32)    if(equal(locked,authid)) {}    else{       client_print(id,print_chat,"This car is reserved for %s, you are %s",locked,authid)       allow[id] = 1       set_task(5.0,"allowhim",id)       return PLUGIN_HANDLED    }

Hope this helps. BTW, if you want to see the rest of my carmod, you can check out my TS server 'Dawes and Company'.