Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)

Post New Thread Reply   

Ksed
Old 04-07-2016 , 18:13   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)
Reply With Quote #881

Quote:
Originally Posted by crafting View Post
You are doing it correct, but it requires something extra. It is ban-able if it's talked about.
Ah, thanks. I sorta started figuring that out after 2 days of trying to make it work. Didn't know even custom models showing up on your own client were broken too. I thought some previous posts got it working on their server, but this change to stop it must have been recent.

Last edited by Ksed; 04-07-2016 at 18:19.
Theray070696
Old 04-08-2016 , 07:39   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)
Reply With Quote #882

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksed View Post
Ah, thanks. I sorta started figuring that out after 2 days of trying to make it work. Didn't know even custom models showing up on your own client were broken too. I thought some previous posts got it working on their server, but this change to stop it must have been recent.
Actually, first-person models should work (third-person is what's bannable). Are you using the files from the CW2 unofficial GitHub? If not, here's a link: https://github.com/404UserNotFound/CustomWeapons2

If you just want the first-person models fixed, take a look in the gamedata folder. The text file has the values you need for first-person to work again.

Going to stress this though, third-person models are NOT to be talked about on these forums. First-person models are fine by Valve though, as only the player can see them.
Old 04-08-2016 , 17:15   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)
Reply With Quote #883

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theray070696 View Post
Actually, first-person models should work (third-person is what's bannable). Are you using the files from the CW2 unofficial GitHub? If not, here's a link: https://github.com/404UserNotFound/CustomWeapons2

If you just want the first-person models fixed, take a look in the gamedata folder. The text file has the values you need for first-person to work again.

Going to stress this though, third-person models are NOT to be talked about on these forums. First-person models are fine by Valve though, as only the player can see them.
Yeah, I don't want to hurt the modding/plugins community by being stupid and trying to do things that Valve sees as hurting the game and economy.

I got first-person working. I had tried your link before, but I grabbed ONLY the plugin file (and it broke my server, probably because I was dumb and didn't install everything.) And first-person works now with my custom models. You're a lifesaver. Thanks a ton!!

(The only issue I found was I couldn't use "sm plugins reload customweaponstf" but it says it's not loaded.

Using "sm plugins load customweaponstf" says, "[SM] Plugin customweaponstf.smx failed to load: Unable to open file."

But it's working, and it's in the list.

I cause still use "sm plugins list" find the number(29 or whatever) and use "sm plugins reload 29" and it works. Is that supposed to do that? Or is it just my server that needs to be fixed?)

Never mind. Fixed that by deleting the old files and reinstalling your github stuff.

Last edited by Ksed; 04-08-2016 at 17:39.
Theray070696
Old 04-08-2016 , 17:41   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)
Reply With Quote #884

Quote:
Yeah, I don't want to hurt the modding/plugins community by being stupid and trying to do things that Valve sees as hurting the game and economy.

I got first-person working. I had tried your link before, but I grabbed ONLY the plugin file (and it broke my server, probably because I was dumb and didn't install everything.) And first-person works now with my custom models. You're a lifesaver. Thanks a ton!!

(The only issue I found was I couldn't use "sm plugins reload customweaponstf" but it says it's not loaded.

Using "sm plugins load customweaponstf" says, "[SM] Plugin customweaponstf.smx failed to load: Unable to open file."

But it's working, and it's in the list.

I cause still use "sm plugins list" find the number(29 or whatever) and use "sm plugins reload 29" and it works. Is that supposed to do that? Or is it just my server that needs to be fixed?)

Never mind. Fixed that by deleting the old files and reinstalling your github stuff.
Another way to reload the plugin is to put /c reload in the chat.
Old 04-08-2016 , 17:53   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)
Reply With Quote #885

Quote:
Another way to reload the plugin is to put /c reload in the chat.
WHOA. I didn't know that... That's SO much easier! Thanks!
Theray070696
Old 04-08-2016 , 17:55   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)
Reply With Quote #886

Quote:
WHOA. I didn't know that... That's SO much easier! Thanks!
No problem! It's a little slow, as it seems to run the reload command, but I'll probably modify it so instead of reloading the entire plugin it just reloads attribute plugins and weapon files.

We should probably try to get a new post as well, so people don't always report the same issues/bugs that we've fixed in the unofficial build (nothing against you!) The plugin on the first post seems to be the version people think is recent, and the github build is only posted when people have issues, so a new post would solve these issues. I'll need to talk to 404 about how we should post it, in case one of us is offline for an extended period of time (maybe a shared account? Idk).

Last edited by Theray070696; 04-08-2016 at 17:58.
Ksed
Old 04-08-2016 , 18:07   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)
Reply With Quote #887

Quote:
We should probably try to get a new post as well, so people don't always report the same issues/bugs that we've fixed in the unofficial build (nothing against you!) The plugin on the first post seems to be the version people think is recent, and the github build is only posted when people have issues, so a new post would solve these issues. I'll need to talk to 404 about how we should post it, in case one of us is offline for an extended period of time (maybe a shared account? Idk).
I did originally grab the first post's version.

But then I found Beta 4 in the middle of the 80+ pages of this thread. I thought it was the latest one.

It would be good to update the first post, or make a new thread with the five-seven attribute packs scattered around this thread. (And some instructions on how to properly point a custom attribute to the right plugin. I had some issue with 655's pack because the name had to be "the655".)

E.G.:
Code:
		"dmg bonus on class"
		{
			"plugin"	"the655" <----Here
			"value"		"6 100" //5=medic 1=scout, 4=demo 6=heavy 7=pyro 8=?(spy?) 3=soldier 2=sniper 9=engi???
		}

Last edited by Ksed; 04-08-2016 at 18:15.
medpacker
Old 04-09-2016 , 23:10   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)
Reply With Quote #888

Is it possible to make an attribute which causes projectiles to be homing if the crosshair is on an enemy?
Zethax
Old 04-10-2016 , 14:29   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)
Reply With Quote #889

I was wondering if its possible to detect whether or not a sticky bomb is on the ground? I want to use this for an attribute that reduces damage of stickies significantly if they are in the air, and for a short time after landing on the ground.
(Sorry, I'm new to programming with Sourcepawn.)
Mr.Orion
Old 04-12-2016 , 19:10   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)
Reply With Quote #890

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zethax View Post
I was wondering if its possible to detect whether or not a sticky bomb is on the ground? I want to use this for an attribute that reduces damage of stickies significantly if they are in the air, and for a short time after landing on the ground.
(Sorry, I'm new to programming with Sourcepawn.)
Code:
If (GetEntProp(entity, Prop_Send, "m_bTouched"))
{
    do stuff.
}

► entity being the sticky.

Last edited by Mr.Orion; 04-12-2016 at 19:10.