Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[CSGO] Hooking Spectator

Post New Thread Reply   

PartialCloning
Old 03-19-2016 , 00:15   [CSGO] Hooking Spectator
Reply With Quote #1

I'm trying to run a few checks when a player starts spectating a different player but I can't find a reliable method to hook it. The events do not seem to be called, and spec_next/prev do not work if you're in first person mode and you use your mouse to switch targets. Are there any other commands/events associated with spectating?

Last edited by PartialCloning; 03-19-2016 at 17:42. Reason: Changing title to include [CSGO]
Grey83
Veteran Member
Old 03-19-2016 , 07:40   Re: Hooking Spectator
Reply With Quote #2

Try to look for the desired function in the code of this plugin
Old 03-19-2016 , 14:52   Re: Hooking Spectator
Reply With Quote #3

If the game supports the SendProxy manager you can hook the "m_hObserverTarget" netprop change in clients.

spec_next should work, however you might need to wait 1 tick in order to see the actual change. Or you might be able to predict what the player's next observer target is. I believe it is always the next living client index and it loops around to 0 whenever it hits the highest client index and on spec_prev it's the other way around

Last edited by blaacky; 03-19-2016 at 14:54.
PartialCloning
Old 03-19-2016 , 17:46   Re: Hooking Spectator
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey83 View Post
Try to look for the desired function in the code of this plugin
It runs a timer to check the target the player is aiming at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaacky View Post
If the game supports the SendProxy manager you can hook the "m_hObserverTarget" netprop change in clients.

spec_next should work, however you might need to wait 1 tick in order to see the actual change. Or you might be able to predict what the player's next observer target is. I believe it is always the next living client index and it loops around to 0 whenever it hits the highest client index and on spec_prev it's the other way around
Sendproxy is crashing the server even when I only use the provided examples in the thread's main page. But it prettymuch checks the value of the netprop on every frame and reports back when it changes.

As for spec_next / spec_prev they're not called if you're spectating on first person mode and you use your mouse buttons to change your target.
blaacky
Old 03-19-2016 , 19:56   Re: [CSGO] Hooking Spectator
Reply With Quote #5

I guess it's a CS:GO thing because it works for me in CS:S. Do you want to make it so spectators can't spectate others or something like that? If that's the case I recommend hooking SetTransmit with SDKHooks and blocking information that way. If that doesn't work I don't know :/

EDIT: Actually you can try checking for a change in the buttons parameter for IN_ATTACK under OnPlayerRunCmd. And if the player changes observertarget without changing their buttons parameter (spec_next in console) you can punish them

Last edited by blaacky; 03-19-2016 at 20:02.