Old 02-15-2016 , 16:25   Re: Galileo v1.2.2 | Last Update: 11.02.2016
Reply With Quote #61

you didn't understend me

Quote:
rtv not work if admin have flag change map online
= sug feature

Quote:
if admin have flag change map online with enable cvar
i mean add enable cvar to this feature and the admin must have flag f (change map)
Quote:
print...lang some thing like you cannot rock the vote when the admin is online
add print chat to display : cannot rock the vote when the admin is online
Veteran Member
Old 02-15-2016 , 18:22   Re: Galileo v1.2.2 | Last Update: 11.02.2016
Reply With Quote #62

Thanks, I got it.
******************************** TODO Go to top *********************************
Code:
 * Add Cvar to control sv_restart 
   using rounds exmple : mp_maxrounds 40 and 20 rounds passed and admin used sv_restart
   if the cvar is 1 the rounds left will be 20
   if the cvar is 0 the rounds left will 40
 * Add two cvars the first one :
   if 1 and the Cvar control sv_restart is 1 too next the sv restart he will add x rounds/time to mp_maxrounds /mp_timelimit
   the second cvar is the x rounds/time if the first cvar is 1
 * Create a new LANG file to show 'rounds' instead of 'minutes', when you are using rounds.
 * Add an admin command 'gal_cancelvote' to cancel the current vote.
 * If an admin have the change map flag, is online and the cvar 'gal_rtv_wait_admin' is enabled, rtv will not work and will print 'cannot rock the vote when the admin is online'.

Support me on Patreon, Ko-fi, Liberapay or Open Collective
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 03-03-2016 , 01:55   Re: Galileo v2.0 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 03.03.2016
Reply With Quote #63

Released a new big update version:

2016-03-03 | v2.0
  1. Fixed the language bug where the voting menu is always displayed on LANG_SERVER instead of LANG_PLAYER.
  2. Added the Romanian [ro] and Italian [it] language translations.
  3. Fixed a bug, where 'gal_rtv_wait_rounds' has priority over 'gal_rtv_wait'.
  4. Added new cvars 'gal_srv_timelimit_restart', 'gal_srv_maxrounds_restart' and 'gal_srv_winlimit_restart'
    to control the sv_restart. If nonzero and the server is restarted, adds x - 1 rounds/minutes to
    mp_maxrounds or mp_winlimit or mp_timelimit. Example using mp_maxrounds: If mp_maxrounds = 40 and
    20 rounds has already passed and admin used sv_restart. After the restart, if the cvar is 1, the
    rounds left will be 20. If the cvar is 0 the rounds left will 40.
  5. Create a new LANG file to show 'rounds' instead of 'minutes', when you are using mp_maxrounds.
  6. Add an admin command 'gal_cancelvote' to cancel the current vote.
  7. Fixed bug using mp_maxrounds: if the vote started automatique and the result is extend its works fine
    and with mp_maxrounds. If the vote started by rtv and the result is extend he will with extend with
    mp_timelimit. It must use mp_maxrounds.
  8. Fixed 'sv_restartround' time dection.
  9. Added new cvar 'gal_endonround_rtv' to Indicates when a map should end after the RTV voting is finished.
    0 - end immediately after the voting finished.
    1 - end after the current round.
  10. Added new cvar 'gal_rtv_wait_admin'. If an admin have the change map flag is online:
    0 - players can normally rock the vote.
    1 - RTV will not work and will print 'Cannot rock the vote when an admin is online'.
  11. Fixed bug where the handle empty server feature would change the map when there are players playing.
  12. Integrated the cvar 'gal_endonround_players' features into the cvar 'gal_endonround_msg'.
  13. Added to the 'gal_endonround_rtv' cvar the players minimum number necessary to allow the
    last round to be finished when the time runs out.
  14. Added new option 2 to the cvar 'gal_vote_show_none_type'. After the user voted, transform
    the '0 - None' option on 'one time cancel' vote opportunity.
  15. Added support to 'engine_changelevel' from AMX Mod X 183.
  16. Added correct documentation for the 'gal_srv_start' cvar to indicates which action to take
    when it is detected that the server has been 'externally restarted'.
  17. Improved 'gal_emptyserver_wait' cvar documentation in the configuration file.
  18. Fixed empty-server map cycle bug to always starting at its first map.
  19. Added new cvar 'gal_emptyserver_change'. When the server is empty, only change to an alternate
    empty-server map cycle after timelimit, maxrounds or winlimit expiration.
  20. Added new cvar 'gal_endofmapvote_ask' to indicates whether there should be asked to the players
    if they want to participate the map vote to decide what the next map will be.
  21. Added to the handle server start feature the abilitie to continues the mapcycle from the lastmap
    played instead of the first map on the mapcycle list.
  22. Added the Map Groups Feature feature documentation.
  23. Added new cvar 'gal_vote_whitelist_mapfile' that points a configuration file which specifies the
    time where its listed maps are allowed to be added to the voting list as fillers after the nominations
    being loaded.

Old.School
Old 03-03-2016 , 16:06   Re: Galileo v2.0 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 03.03.2016
Reply With Quote #64

Nice Work
Veteran Member
Old 03-04-2016 , 21:10   Re: Galileo v2.0 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 03.03.2016
Reply With Quote #65

and this son, is how you end up with 100k lines of code in 2 plugins designed to do simple stuff..

no offence man, you did a great job, you must have nerves of steel to get this far.. but in my opinion it is too much

@Arks, i totaly disagree with you on the point of editing the plugins of other users, i think it is good to have more options on the table, plugin edits like this should be allowed around here, maybe in a special section of these forums, but they shoud be allowed

Why?

Well, i'll give as example the user abdul rehman who created ZPA by editing the addon created by mercylez.. maybe it wasn't well coded, but the ideeas were good, and his creativity contributed alot to the zombie plague comunity...

Ethics kills freedom and creativity, we could benefit alot by derivating an actual work..

Last edited by Depresie; 03-04-2016 at 21:22.
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 03-05-2016 , 03:33   Re: Galileo v2.0 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 03.03.2016
Reply With Quote #66

Do I have to much stuff on it? Look at 'galileo2.0.sma' vs 'deagsmapmanager.sma' here: (It is at the page's bottom, i.e., almost the last page's thing.)
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2353696#post2353696

Do not forget that these plugins are not only mapchoosers, they to do, to replace several small plugins like 'nextmap.amxx', 'allowroundfinish.amxx', etc. So, it is not just a mapchooser plugin, it is a super plugin (like Amx Super), where one of its functions is to do map voting. However my plugin is doing simple stuff, it is just that I to put some documentation, automated Unit Tests, debug statements, do not name variables as 'a', 'b', 'c', ..., to avoid magic numbers, to avoid to repeated code, to avoid big functions, to avoid big code lines, to avoid code huddle/heap, ... Things that let me to relax and do not worry, when it is needed to find a bug or to implement something new. Of course, as you said, it took time to get where it is now, a lots of it. And I do not think is has to much, it just some code lines and features that probability to scared the bejesus out of you, but it is just that the things here are well specified to best attend the users. For example, when I first opened the 'galileo.cfg' I said: "Damn so many things what**** is all this". However now I look and say: "Just this? This is that, that is this. This if for that there. That there is for this here". You can look now on my GitHub and you will see already new updates/fix/features, on the Galileo's develop branch, which are not released yet.

Quote:
"plugin edits like this should be allowed around here, maybe in a special section of these forums, but they should be allowed"
But they are allowed, just to post it on the plugin originals thread, however if you to want to you own thread on New Plugin Submissions; To do some decent work and take over the plugin support if the author does not support it anymore or if the plugin is on the unapproved section. But even if the plugin is on the approved section, you cold just to do a fork and to release it if you to got enough work to differ from the original.

What @Arkshine was complaining about me is that on that time, I did not had changed enough to be a new decent fork. So, would be acceptable to takeover the support to the original plugin. However, now I probably have enough work to do both. This plugin now could be a decent new fork as a support take over, because there are major code changes and it stills to respects the original plugin requirements/features.

Last edited by addons_zz; 03-05-2016 at 17:27. Reason: summing up
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 03-05-2016 , 19:18   Re: Galileo v2.1 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 05.03.2016
Reply With Quote #67

Released new update:

2016-03-05 | v2.1.1 ~ 2016-03-09 | v2.1.9
  1. Fixed wrong version number on files.
  2. Corrected "pl" translations misspellings.
  3. Fixed do not reset the round limiters feature.
  4. Added to restore RTV original values on 'sv_restartround' event.
  5. Fixed extra map restart the on 'gal_srv_start' cvar feature.
  6. Fixed nominations not showing/allowing all nominated maps.
  7. Fixed bad vote start timer.
  8. Fixed start on the last map feature, cvar 'gal_srv_start', using a wrong next map position.
  9. Fixed the 'say nextmap' command not showing the next map.

2016-03-05 | v2.1
  1. Improved the 'vote_startDirector()' Unit Tests sequencial running.
  2. Fixed the cvar 'gal_nextmap_change' working when the cvar 'gal_endofmapvote' is disabled.
  3. Created a voting round start detection delay, to give time to buy weapons before the voting to start.
  4. Added new cvar 'gal_endofmapvote_start' to enable or disabled the voting round start detection delay.
  5. Fixed to start an early map vote after the first two minutes bad behavior.
  6. Fixed a new voting reset after the 'gal_cancelvote' command.

Last edited by addons_zz; 03-13-2016 at 07:22. Reason: update
Depresie
Veteran Member
Old 03-06-2016 , 04:04   Re: Galileo v2.1.2 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 05.03.2016
Reply With Quote #68

Yes, but you should take in consideration that not everyone around here has you knowledge in pawn, so if the first time the cfg of galileo scared you, image the cfg of yours to a newbie

You are right, there may be mapchoosers more scarier than yours, that's probably why people avoid using them

I still consider that you would have more success with a lite version of this, but that's just my opinion
Anyway, i wish you good luck with it, as i said, i saw the hard work you have put in it, and i also can see that the reason you put so much work in this is tending to be more of the addiction to code and going further testing your capabilities and learning, rather than creating something for the public use i know that feeling..

As i said, great job and good luck with your project

Last edited by Depresie; 03-06-2016 at 04:05.
EFFx
Veteran Member
Old 03-08-2016 , 13:03   Re: Galileo v2.1.7 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 07.03.2016
Reply With Quote #69

@addons_zz me adiciona no Skype: ruan.Guilherme.1614, se não tiver, steam: effx_cs
gabuch2
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-10-2016 , 10:45   Re: Galileo v2.1.9 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 09.03.2016
Reply With Quote #70

Hello

Galileo is not storing its data files in a custom "amxx_datadir" directory. (Files go directly to amxmodx/data/ regardless of what is set on amxx_datadir)

Also

gal_nom_mapfile "#" disables nominations. (make nomination of mapcycle.txt maps only default?)

Thank you for supporting the plugin!