Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] Custom Boss Spawner (v.5.0.2) [11/13/2016]

Post New Thread Reply   

WarriorDan007
Old 02-10-2016 , 01:26   Re: [TF2] Custom Boss Spawner (v.4.3.1) [10/5/2015] - Time for HATS!
Reply With Quote #231

Here's one example: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2055798
While admittedly it does not have anything to do with custom models, this plugin, along with like 70% of all TF2 sourcemod plugins in existence, does demonstrate an example of a plugin modifying the admin menu to add a new command.
Old 02-10-2016 , 02:13   Re: [TF2] Custom Boss Spawner (v.4.3.1) [10/5/2015] - Time for HATS!
Reply With Quote #232

That plugin does not modify the admin menu at all.
It just provides an example adminmenu_custom.txt which must be manually added into the admin menu, which is the same thing that i linked to before: https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Custom_A...enu_(SourceMod

Overall it's better to add it manually yourself than to have it hard-coded, what i can do it make an example menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathMaster View Post
Found another bug - When this plugin is installed on a server running achievement idle awesomebox 9 the teleporter to the slide no longer works. I have verified it by removing this plugin.
Most likely the map set the teleporter location name to "spawn_loot", "spawn_loot_red", "spawn_loot_blue", "spawn_loot_alt". The fault is within the map as those names are reserved for boss teleporting location. What you can do is edit the map to rename it. Nothing i can do about it.

Last edited by Chaosxk; 02-10-2016 at 02:54.
DeathMaster
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-11-2016 , 17:33   Re: [TF2] Custom Boss Spawner (v.4.3.1) [10/5/2015] - Time for HATS!
Reply With Quote #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosxk View Post
Most likely the map set the teleporter location name to "spawn_loot", "spawn_loot_red", "spawn_loot_blue", "spawn_loot_alt". The fault is within the map as those names are reserved for boss teleporting location. What you can do is edit the map to rename it. Nothing i can do about it.
I just checked the map and there is no reference to spawn_loot_red or blue anywhere.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 02-11-2016 , 18:01   Re: [TF2] Custom Boss Spawner (v.4.3.1) [10/5/2015] - Time for HATS!
Reply With Quote #234

There is an error in this plugin.

PHP Code:

while((ent FindEntityByClassname(ent"info_target")) != -1) {
            if(
IsValidEntity(ent)) {

char strName[32];

GetEntPropString(entProp_Data"m_iName"strNamesizeof(strName));
                if(
StrContains(strName"spawn_loot") != -1) {

AcceptEntityInput(ent"Kill");
                }
            }
        } 
StrContains returns a value other than -1 when there is a match.
The way you had it, the only time it would kill the info target, is if it did not EQUAL "spawn_loot*"
thus you were killing all info_Targets in every map.
Chaosxk
Veteran Member
Old 02-12-2016 , 17:47   Re: [TF2] Custom Boss Spawner (v.4.3.1) [10/5/2015] - Time for HATS!
Reply With Quote #235

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
There is an error in this plugin.
StrContains returns a value other than -1 when there is a match.
The way you had it, the only time it would kill the info target, is if it did not EQUAL "spawn_loot*"
thus you were killing all info_Targets in every map.
Your right, thanks for the catch.

@DeathMaster
Thanks for the report, it is indeed a bug with this plugin.
Old 02-13-2016 , 00:10   Re: [TF2] Custom Boss Spawner (v.4.3.1) [10/5/2015] - Time for HATS!
Reply With Quote #236

is
Quote:
sm_<bossname> <health> <size> <glow 1:0> - Spawns a boss where your looking at (name - The name of boss in bossspawner_boss.cfg
executable via server console? if so, does it spawn the boss at the .cfg specified coords? If not, is it possible to spawn a boss via the server console?

Thanks
Chaosxk
Veteran Member
Old 02-13-2016 , 14:31   Re: [TF2] Custom Boss Spawner (v.4.3.1) [10/5/2015] - Time for HATS!
Reply With Quote #237

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefal View Post
is executable via server console? if so, does it spawn the boss at the .cfg specified coords? If not, is it possible to spawn a boss via the server console?

Thanks
No that command only works for in-game since it needs to find the coordinates of where your looking at. If you want to spawn a boss in the coordinates from the .cfg, use !fb <bossname> which can be spawned in console.
Old 02-14-2016 , 00:05   Re: [TF2] Custom Boss Spawner (v.4.3.1) [10/5/2015] - Time for HATS!
Reply With Quote #238

Quote:
No that command only works for in-game since it needs to find the coordinates of where your looking at. If you want to spawn a boss in the coordinates from the .cfg, use !fb <bossname> which can be spawned in console.
Thanks for your response. That was exactly what I was looking for. Although I cant repeat the command multiple times, even if i defeat the boss. It only works once and then I need to reload the plugin. Tried reinstalling, same thing. Plugin bugged?

EDIT:
Quote:
[Boss] Can not spawn, a boss is already active.

Last edited by Hefal; 02-14-2016 at 00:07.
Chaosxk
Veteran Member
Old 02-14-2016 , 00:39   Re: [TF2] Custom Boss Spawner (v.4.3.1) [10/5/2015] - Time for HATS!
Reply With Quote #239

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefal View Post
Thanks for your response. That was exactly what I was looking for. Although I cant repeat the command multiple times, even if i defeat the boss. It only works once and then I need to reload the plugin. Tried reinstalling, same thing. Plugin bugged?

EDIT:
Yes that is a bug with v4.3.1 and has been fixed for v4.4.

Most bugs have been fixed already, just working on adding an optional cvar for boss health and fixing hitbox scaling.

May release v4.4 tomorrow.
Old 02-14-2016 , 00:44   Re: [TF2] Custom Boss Spawner (v.4.3.1) [10/5/2015] - Time for HATS!
Reply With Quote #240

Quote:
Yes that is a bug with v4.3.1 and has been fixed for v4.4.

Most bugs have been fixed already, just working on adding an optional cvar for boss health and fixing hitbox scaling.

May release v4.4 tomorrow.
Awesome stuff, thanks a lot buddy!

Ill put in a suggestion for upcoming versions. If possible I'd love to see a movement speed cvar for the bosses. My favorite base-"npc" is tf_zombie but it's also the easiest one to kite :p