Post New Thread Reply   

RedSword
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 05-24-2015 , 05:15   Re: [TF2] Spotify:Source
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
As to the latter... why?

What do I gain from making my command sm_bacon instead of just bacon?
Since both registers the ! & / triggers I guess you're right. It is however a bit cleaner IMO to see sm_ in front a command, as well as preventing possible name clash. There are also a lot of SM plugins that do it.

Red
RAWR (per player/rounds Awp Restrict.)
Kill Assist
Be Medic

You can also Donate if you appreciate my work
dildoughy
Old 12-06-2015 , 17:25   Re: [TF2] Spotify:Source
Reply With Quote #22

I'm still unclear as to whether this plays music across the whole server or just for yourself. Why not just turn on spotify while you play tf2 if this is only for yourself, instead of installing three plugins?
Nanochip
Old 12-08-2015 , 15:11   Re: [TF2] Spotify:Source
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dildoughy View Post
I'm still unclear as to whether this plays music across the whole server or just for yourself. Why not just turn on spotify while you play tf2 if this is only for yourself, instead of installing three plugins?
It plays music to the person who typed the command. People like in-game music players so you don't have to alt-tab all the time. Not to mention, it adverts which song you're listening to across the server.

One request I have for the plugin author is to just replace the SteamTools natives/ext with SteamWorks so other games can enjoy this nice plugin.
Old 12-08-2015 , 15:25   Re: [TF2] Spotify:Source
Reply With Quote #24

Hello all, currently im working on a completely new project, "GhostNote". Its website is up currently, although in progress.

http://ghostnote.duckteam.org/

The idea for GhostNote, is to allow people to add their own songs, and play them themselves, giving users a lot more flexibility, also letting people add music downloaded from perhaps youtube where the song is not anywhere else.

I will link to the spotify plugin once it's in a publicly usable state, however you can currently test it on my servers using the !gn command;

108.61.198.217:27015 / 27016
102.61.165.59:27015 / 27016

Spotify Plugin Updates

I can re-work it to use steamworks rather than steamtools, however due to the web player being difficult to work with, im not sure how successful it will be (as of writing the original plugin they have changed the way stuff works)
MingYao_Koh
Old 06-14-2017 , 12:42   Re: [TF2] Spotify:Source
Reply With Quote #25

Hi. I'm facing some troubles with the plugin. I kept getting "Could not contact API server" error messages . Any way to get this fixed?